I Need to Get Better

OK guys I’m sure this has already been posted, however, I’m looking for people to help me get better at Halo 5. I’m more of an average player, ny K/D leaves much to be desired and it doesn’t seem like I’m getting better with my game play. I’ve been playing since the game released and I’m still nothing more than you’re average player so I don’t think practice is an issue. Anyone looking to help me would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Take some lessons from more experienced players here and there. But most importantly, try not to become exactly like the existing pros. Instead, try to form your own style of gameplay by messing around with your sensitivities and playing with a certain play style - passive, aggressive, defensive, etc. If you need to get the hang of something, try playing around in the Social playlist if you need to screw around or warm up.

Once you find that “sweet spot”, build upon it and nothing more. You’ll soon realize your strengths at one point or another.

Tip thread 1.
Tip thread 2.
Luke TheNotable vids.

Hope these help :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot HaXoR7s. I have been messing with my sensitivities a bit, I had it on 6 for awhile but that was a bit too fast for me, I lowered it to 4 for the customs browser and I keep it on 3 for arena. Just till I can get adjusted to 4 or 5. I try to play a little bit more aggressive but I think I need to be a little bit more defensive or passive. I think my biggest issue is where you said I need to form a unique style of game play. My style is very vanilla, there’s no tricks that I’ve specifically learned or worked on. And thanks Timmy the k1d, I’ll be sure to look at it and see what I can gain and apply to my own game play.

look at YT videos, streams, Esports, and try to learn from your mistakes, what i try to do is when someone in my team gets killed i look at their skull and try to get an idea of where the enemy came from (called gamesense), and i try to aim head height at all times, and move fast when i can, or move with your team, everyone has they’re own play style though, hope this helps.

You can’t help someone git gud.

If anything you could get better with advice is don’t spray with the AR and no more Spartan charge…
Play warzone assault and get used to the pistol. If you see a shotgun or BR don’t pick it up, get used to sticking with the basics.

> 2533275050532363;6:
> You can’t help someone git gud.
>
> If anything you could get better with advice is don’t spray with the AR and no more Spartan charge…
> Play warzone assault and get used to the pistol. If you see a shotgun or BR don’t pick it up, get used to sticking with the basics.

But AR spray and Spartan Charge is how I win Overgrowth free for all so often. :(((((

> 2533274924231450;5:
> look at YT videos, streams, Esports, and try to learn from your mistakes, what i try to do is when someone in my team gets killed i look at their skull and try to get an idea of where the enemy came from (called gamesense), and i try to aim head height at all times, and move fast when i can, or move with your team, everyone has they’re own play style though, hope this helps.

Yeah I try to do that, always aim head height and move fast wherever possible. I also try and use the Silenced assault rifle wherever possible since that’s been added to a lot of arena maps now. I take advantage that I don’t show up on radar. But what’d you mean look at their skull? Like while hey’re being shot or after they’ve died?

> 2533275050532363;6:
>
> If anything you could get better with advice is don’t spray with the AR and no more Spartan charge…
> Play warzone assault and get used to the pistol. If you see a shotgun or BR don’t pick it up, get used to sticking with the basics.

Yes I know, But some tips wouldn’t hurt my dude

I got good by getting beaten up so often then one day just got tired of it and turned my rage into power and became a Super Spartan! I’m gonna try and ascend to Super Spartan 2 this season, and maybe Super Spartan 3. I’d try Super Spartan God but I think that’s out of my Halo Reach.

JK but just stick to the weapon you’re naturally good with and learn to compensate for the weapon’s weakness, like using Smark Link A LOT if you’re an automatic weapons guy like me and know how to burst shot from long distances, stuff like that.

> 2533274969338392;9:
> > 2533275050532363;6:
> > You can’t help someone git gud.
> >
> > If anything you could get better with advice is don’t spray with the AR and no more Spartan charge…
> > Play warzone assault and get used to the pistol. If you see a shotgun or BR don’t pick it up, get used to sticking with the basics.
>
> Yes I know, But some tips wouldn’t hurt my dude

Tips? Go for power weapons? Work with your team? Unmute your mic and callouts… Just simple stuff. Like I said, practice makes perfect

> 2533274969338392;8:
> > 2533274924231450;5:
> > look at YT videos, streams, Esports, and try to learn from your mistakes, what i try to do is when someone in my team gets killed i look at their skull and try to get an idea of where the enemy came from (called gamesense), and i try to aim head height at all times, and move fast when i can, or move with your team, everyone has they’re own play style though, hope this helps.
>
> Yeah I try to do that, always aim head height and move fast wherever possible. I also try and use the Silenced assault rifle wherever possible since that’s been added to a lot of arena maps now. I take advantage that I don’t show up on radar. But what’d you mean look at their skull? Like while hey’re being shot or after they’ve died?

when they have been killed, that big skull that pops up.

> 2533275050532363;6:
>

Boi, start with AR and pistol but slowly advance.

I’m up to power weapons and going strong. Working hard, yet only 2 days a week.
Luckily, it’s still enough.
Have a good day,
Sly

Add me man! Let’s play a few… I’d be happy to help.

> 2535407994360276;13:
> > 2533275050532363;6:
> > You can’t help someone git gud.
> >
> > If anything you could get better with advice is don’t spray with the AR and no more Spartan charge…
> > Play warzone assault and get used to the pistol. If you see a shotgun or BR don’t pick it up, get used to sticking with the basics.
>
> Boi, start with AR and pistol but slowly advance.
>
> I’m up to power weapons and going strong. Working hard, yet only 2 days a week.
> Luckily, it’s still enough.
> Have a good day,
> Sly

He is asking tips on how to get better. Power weapons and those weapons do it for you. You cant get used to using a Saw or rocket launcher.

> 2535428854412134;10:
> I got good by getting beaten up so often then one day just got tired of it and turned my rage into power and became a Super Spartan! I’m gonna try and ascend to Super Spartan 2 this season, and maybe Super Spartan 3. I’d try Super Spartan God but I think that’s out of my Halo Reach.
>
> JK but just stick to the weapon you’re naturally good with and learn to compensate for the weapon’s weakness, like using Smark Link A LOT if you’re an automatic weapons guy like me and know how to burst shot from long distances, stuff like that.

I’d like to buy my fellow DBZ fan a drink!

> 2533274969338392;1:
> OK guys I’m sure this has already been posted, however, I’m looking for people to help me get better at Halo 5. I’m more of an average player, ny K/D leaves much to be desired and it doesn’t seem like I’m getting better with my game play. I’ve been playing since the game released and I’m still nothing more than you’re average player so I don’t think practice is an issue. Anyone looking to help me would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

My Credentials:
I wouldn’t consider myself great at Halo 5, but certainly above average… the one season I actually attempted to rank highly I hit Diamond 6, which is just below Onyx, whereas every other season I’ve gone in either solo (luck of the draw for your rank with randoms) or have been messing around with friends not at my skill level. My K/D is at 1.33 I believe, which doesn’t sound good, but I’d argue it’s better than average, because at the higher levels of play, everyone is good so going 1/1, or a little higher, is good. It means I’ve killed 8,199 more players than have killed me. I only bring this up to give you my credentials, prior to giving you advice… take it or leave it!

Let’s party up!
First of all, I tend to play a couple of nights a week at least, typically on the weekends most. I’m a young dad with a three-year-old and a one-year-old at home, so between spending quality time with them, my wife, and other responsibilities, I’m limited in my overall playtime available. Feel free to add me though! I started a Spartan Company with about 400 members across four sister companies, so I usually have people to play with and am always open if you want to party up! I could care less about skill level… if you’re a good guy to play with who’s not going to be a jerk online, we’ll have a good time.

And / or just send questions.
In addition to hooking up online, I’m also happy to give you advice / answer questions as best I can you may have about getting better at the game. I’ve been playing Halo since the beginning so I have a lot of experience on what to do and what not to do… to mixed results at times, but generally speaking, I tend to play well most games. Let me know, happy to help anyway I can!

> 2533274969338392;1:
> OK guys I’m sure this has already been posted, however, I’m looking for people to help me get better at Halo 5. I’m more of an average player, ny K/D leaves much to be desired and it doesn’t seem like I’m getting better with my game play. I’ve been playing since the game released and I’m still nothing more than you’re average player so I don’t think practice is an issue. Anyone looking to help me would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Play some Octagon and Super Fiesta to get good at every weapon. Maybe you can play with me some time :slight_smile:

> 2533275050532363;15:
> > 2535407994360276;13:
> > > 2533275050532363;6:
> > > You can’t help someone git gud.
> > >
> > > If anything you could get better with advice is don’t spray with the AR and no more Spartan charge…
> > > Play warzone assault and get used to the pistol. If you see a shotgun or BR don’t pick it up, get used to sticking with the basics.
> >
> > Boi, start with AR and pistol but slowly advance.
> >
> > I’m up to power weapons and going strong. Working hard, yet only 2 days a week.
> > Luckily, it’s still enough.
> > Have a good day,
> > Sly
>
> He is asking tips on how to get better. Power weapons and those weapons do it for you. You cant get used to using a Saw or rocket launcher.

You can never, IMO.

It really depends on the situation and if you’re being pushed tbh

> 2533274969338392;16:
> > 2535428854412134;10:
> > I got good by getting beaten up so often then one day just got tired of it and turned my rage into power and became a Super Spartan! I’m gonna try and ascend to Super Spartan 2 this season, and maybe Super Spartan 3. I’d try Super Spartan God but I think that’s out of my Halo Reach.
> >
> > JK but just stick to the weapon you’re naturally good with and learn to compensate for the weapon’s weakness, like using Smark Link A LOT if you’re an automatic weapons guy like me and know how to burst shot from long distances, stuff like that.
>
> I’d like to buy my fellow DBZ fan a drink!

DBZ! HMU!