I need tips to improve on multiplayer gameplay.

So, I’ve Always been a Pc gamer, but I decided to get a console just to play the Halo franchise. I’d already played Halo CE and Halo 2 on Pc, but I’m having a hard time adapting to the controller. On Pc you can turn around, zoom and aim much faster and with more accuracy than in the console. It hasn’t affected my campaing gampleay too much, but on multiplayer I really suck. How can some people play THAT FAST and THAT GOOD? I’m trying to addapt myself playing only the Infection game mode for now, but I always get killed. Does anybody have any tips that I can use?

You could always do what a lot of other people have done (without admitting it of course) and get a XIM4. Then you can use a mouse and keyboard on your console. Google it. Apparently tons of people are doing this with lots of games. Seems kind of like cheating to me getting the precision of a mouse AND the aim assist a controller would give you, but whatever. lol

Start playing Team Arena, and focus primarily on staying alive. Infection doesn’t really help you train your shots.
Aiming with a controller is based on using BOTH sticks. The right stick helps you roughly getting your aim on a person, while the left stick (strafing) helps bring it home.
I can give you some pointers in a game of Octagon if you send me an invite, my gamertag is LovelyJoey21605.

Go watch LukeTheNotable on youtube for for more in-depth tips for gameplay-strategy :slight_smile:

What sensitivity do you play on? does it feel too slow or too fast?
Is it hard getting on target or being consistent? If you want to focus on your aim for now play Octagon but dont play octagon against someone who is far better than you just yet cus it wont help much, try to play it against someone near your skill level just so you can get more consistent with your aim.
Or you could play warzone assault theres a lot to shoot at.

Well, if you are new and not very familiar with a controller, you can always just practice. After a while, it just gets easy, but I do suggest something other than Infection to practice with, something like Slayer or other Arena game modes

The one thing that I started doing in Halo 5 has really changed how my games play out.

That is?

Stick with your teammates. Even if they don’t have a head set, or you’re not using one. Just stick with them. You’re more likely to get a better experience than rushing in guns blazing by yourself. You’re more likely to stay alive when you’re in a pack, or even in a pack of two. You may not get the kill, and the other guy on your team does. But that’s one less death on your part, and the other team doesn’t score.

I should of done this in earlier Halo’s to enjoy my experience more. I’m generally a lone wolf kind of guy.

Seriously, stick with your team!

Good hunting Spartan!

> 2535446745236801;3:
> Start playing Team Arena, and focus primarily on staying alive. Infection doesn’t really help you train your shots.
> Aiming with a controller is based on using BOTH sticks. The right stick helps you roughly getting your aim on a person, while the left stick (strafing) helps bring it home.
> I can give you some pointers in a game of Octagon if you send me an invite, my gamertag is LovelyJoey21605.
>
> Go watch LukeTheNotable on youtube for for more in-depth tips for gameplay-strategy :slight_smile:

I think these are solid recommendations all around. Great advice. And Luke The Notable does a great job teaching basic Halo skills.

I will add that my background is somewhat similar to the OP, and being masterful at multiplayer seems out of reach to me. I basically feel like I started too late on consoles to have a truly natural feel for the controller.

But I can also attest that following good teachers (like Luke The Notable) and grinding lots of practice can at least get you to a point where you can be a decent player and throughtly enjoy the multiplayer experience.

Look up some tips and tricks from Proximitty on YouTube… he’s a great player, one of the best Magnum shots in the game.

Learn and develop some sound fundamentals and practice, practice, PRACTICE!

> 2533274870389366;6:
> The one thing that I started doing in Halo 5 has really changed how my games play out.
>
> That is?
>
> Stick with your teammates. Even if they don’t have a head set, or you’re not using one. Just stick with them. You’re more likely to get a better experience than rushing in guns blazing by yourself. You’re more likely to stay alive when you’re in a pack, or even in a pack of two. You may not get the kill, and the other guy on your team does. But that’s one less death on your part, and the other team doesn’t score.
>
> I should of done this in earlier Halo’s to enjoy my experience more. I’m generally a lone wolf kind of guy.
>
> Seriously, stick with your team!
>
> Good hunting Spartan!

I’m sort of a lone Wolf too. I don’t really like to wook on teams since most of the times they do not cooperate, but I’m trying to observe what other polayers do, what weapons they pcik up. As for the headset, most of the players I’ve seen don’t use their mics, but I don’t think it’ll affect a lot of my experience.

It’s like this for a lot of people. The best advice I can give you is just practice. When I first started playing with a mouse and keyboard, it was one hell of a learning curve (I even still use a controller for many FPS games on Steam). It works both ways, but with enough practice, you will get it. Play around, tweak the sensitivity and control schemes. Maybe even change the actual button mappings in your Xbox’s system settings.

The only advice I could give is to not get angry while playing. That is a difficult thing for many people to do, but you’ll do a lot better with a calmer attitude, as opposed getting frustrated, and adopting a careless rush-in strategy mid-match in hopes of getting back at a few select players.

Not saying you do that at all either, that’s just my input to anybody, really.

Op you will get the hang of it. It will take time. I would check your controller settings and start with a low sensitivity and work your way up. What are your current settings? It takes time to fine tune everything along with just getting use to playing on a xbox verse a computer. Good luck!

use the radar

Same as any game, gotta grind it out

> 2535425117074157;13:
> use the radar

Dont listen to this kid

Anyway I can only tell you so much. Want to learn how to get a good shot and strafe? Practice and check out the pro streams on twitch or Proximitty on YT

You want to know the ins and outs of maps. Hit up our boy Ryanoob on youtube. In my opinion, he’s in the top 5 smartest players of this game, and his strats really help.

And trust me. You do need to work as a team player. Solo que is unpleasant, so if you have to, atleast grab a mic.

One more thing. Halo 5 has the deadliest nades since h1. so DONT CHASE ALL THE TIME!

Good luck buddy, hope you improve. :smiley:

> 2533274843056602;7:
> > 2535446745236801;3:
> > Start playing Team Arena, and focus primarily on staying alive. Infection doesn’t really help you train your shots.
> > Aiming with a controller is based on using BOTH sticks. The right stick helps you roughly getting your aim on a person, while the left stick (strafing) helps bring it home.
> > I can give you some pointers in a game of Octagon if you send me an invite, my gamertag is LovelyJoey21605.
> >
> > Go watch LukeTheNotable on youtube for for more in-depth tips for gameplay-strategy :slight_smile:
>
> I think these are solid recommendations all around. Great advice. And Luke The Notable does a great job teaching basic Halo skills.
>
> I will add that my background is somewhat similar to the OP, and being masterful at multiplayer seems out of reach to me. I basically feel like I started too late on consoles to have a truly natural feel for the controller.
>
> But I can also attest that following good teachers (like Luke The Notable) and grinding lots of practice can at least get you to a point where you can be a decent player and throughtly enjoy the multiplayer experience.

Yes, I started playing super fiesta now and after watching one of Luke’s videos I’m focusing more on stealth. I’m also observing what other players do, where they go and which weapons they use. As for the aiming, I think it’s just practice, since I’ve never owned and Xbox, and switching from pc to Xbox there is a lot of difference.

> 2535446745236801;3:
> Start playing Team Arena, and focus primarily on staying alive. Infection doesn’t really help you train your shots.
> Aiming with a controller is based on using BOTH sticks. The right stick helps you roughly getting your aim on a person, while the left stick (strafing) helps bring it home.
> I can give you some pointers in a game of Octagon if you send me an invite, my gamertag is LovelyJoey21605.
>
> Go watch LukeTheNotable on youtube for for more in-depth tips for gameplay-strategy :slight_smile:

After watching some of his videos I’m already using one of his tips. He said to focus more on stealth, and that’s what I’m doing for now.

> 2535473687365232;15:
> > 2535425117074157;13:
> > use the radar
>
> Dont listen to this kid
>
> Anyway I can only tell you so much. Want to learn how to get a good shot and strafe? Practice and check out the pro streams on twitch or Proximitty on YT
>
> You want to know the ins and outs of maps. Hit up our boy Ryanoob on youtube. In my opinion, he’s in the top 5 smartest players of this game, and his strats really help.
>
> And trust me. You do need to work as a team player. Solo que is unpleasant, so if you have to, atleast grab a mic.
>
> One more thing. Halo 5 has the deadliest nades since h1. so DONT CHASE ALL THE TIME!
>
> Good luck buddy, hope you improve. :smiley:

Thanks. I’m already following some tips and sticking with my teammates. Insist knowing it’s just an impression but it seems that things are getting better already =]

• Here’s some of my tips. These are what I use and I could go more in-depth if needed, but here’s the basic rundown. - Find the right control scheme and sensitivity settings. I’d suggest bumper jumper or helljumper and a sensitivity between 3 and 6. - Learn a strafe that works well for you, such as a sudden crouch in a magnum fight or a sideways thrust. - Stick with your teammates, that’s a big one. - Don’t overuse sprint, especially when you’re shields are down. - Check your corners, some people (Like me) love to get the jump on some unsuspecting player running straight into an area without checking their surroundings. - Switch between your AR and pistol depending on the room and situation you are in, don’t rely on one weapon to do it all for you. - Map awareness is key, so you need to know where your teammates and enemies are at. - Never chase after people if they are running away from you. Its very risky and in most cases you will die. - Map movement and flanking are very important, all these maps have certain jumps and ledges that you can take that bypass some of the more heavily trafficked areas of the map, so instead of taking someone head-on, try and sneak around behind them (But watch out for enemy spawns behind them while you’re at it). - Lastly watch your previous games in theatre, you can learn from your mistakes. - Hope this helps, most importantly have fun.

Switch controller to Bumper Jumper. Start by playing social, try BTB.