I Need Some Tips!

Alright guys, I need some tips on how to be more consistent with my K/D spread, I quit playing for the weekend and got back on today and went negative in a game and have been doing a lot worse. Anybody have any tips on how I can be more consistent?

Ok so since no one seems to be offering any help on this I’ll give it a shot, granted mine is only like a 1.3 or 1.4 so take it as you will.

First Halo has become more about teamwork, they’ve focused a little more on that this time around, as it is much easier to get assists. So stay near your teammates. If you are playing with a bunch of randoms, just pick one to stick with and try and run with them. You may end up just getting more assists but you may get more clean up kills too.

Second know your play style and do your best to put yourself in situations where you are at the advantage, engage enemies on your terms. If you can’t hit the broadside of a barn with the DMR, but are a beast with the AR, stay in Slayer matches and keep in places that your opponents will have to be in close range to fight you.

Third get to know the weapons, their ranges and uses. Use Spartan Ops to hone your skills with these. That way when you are more able to adapt to various situations.

Fourth watch gameplay videos of pros/mlg, learn from what they do, where they go, etc.

These are things I did on Halo:Reach and made my k/d steadily climb from 1.1 to 1.3, which doesn’t sound like much, but when I had already had about 20k kills under my belt.

Also, and it may be less of an issue if the true skill is closer to Halo 3. Be mindful of what time of day you are playing. More casual players tend to be on during after school/work hours. More hardcore players are up at all hours. So you are more likely to run into players of your skill level (or lower) as opposed to the later hours when the super dedicated are on that have a much higher skill level.

Is it boosting? K/D Padding? Cheap? Eh…probably, but if you want your K/D higher rather than just straight up being a better player that will work.