I must be in the minority

ii’ve always looked forward to a new halo release and ended up liking each new release more than the previous one… with that, halo-4 is my favorite MP game

the maps are awesome. the different armor abilities are awesome, it’s the most dynamic halo… why take a step back??.. the accuracy/shooting feels perfect. h5 feels clunky
i like the fact that i can go off on my own and get lots of multikills. you simply can’t do that in h5 because 2vs1 you almost always die

and where the fark is BTB in h5? i hope they don’t fark that up because it’s the most important game style in MP

halo-3 is my next favorite MP. the maps are the most beautiful, aesthetically and strategically. i don’t get why every subsequent halo game the maps look worse, they need to hire the guy(s) that worked on those maps. really hard to fault h3… i liked Reach a lot too, but Halo-3 is a better overall game

h2 anniversary looks great too. amazing job on that.

i love sprint. i would play all the other halos that lack sprint a lot more if they had it. halo just feels too slow without it

h5 took all the fun out of halo.

too much teamwork crap, teammates always respawn near eachother and it’s hard to be rambo-like… no betrayals, no t-bagging. grenades are really dumb, when you’re full health and you get hit you’re almost dead, and when you’re almost dead it’s hard to get killed by a grenade, makes no sense

i don’t see what the fuss about smart scope is, it doesn’t bother me… yes they will fix being able to get shot from an assualt rifle or smg from the other side of the map
new thruster thing is cool, especially with the sword

i like the camber. i like that sprinting won’t recharge health, really smart idea

You can’t tell who’s in a minority here, unhappy people will be first to complain so it looks like the “community” isn’t happy when really it’s probably just a few.

100% in agreement. I’ve played every Halo from the beginning and have loved each new installment more than the last. 4 is my gold standard.

Like you, the beta was a bitter pill to swallow, but remember that it was just a glimpse of what’s to come. People who think Halo = Team Slayer are people who live in a bubble. There’s a lot more to Halo than TS, and a lot more than they can/will put in a beta. Do not panic. We will be rewarded for our patience…

The problem is is that online communities have a tendency to be negative because the people who play the games and like them don’t go on forums as much as much as those who are not pleased with the games, giving the illusion of what is and what isn’t the majority.

I liked Halo 5 beta significantly better then Halo 4. Flinch alone was enough to make me just walk away. The cluster $#@^ of different armor abilities produced some of the most annoying game play I have ever experienced in Halo.

I am hoping that perhaps we will see a Halo 4.5 playlist in MCC, basically stripped down Halo 4 with thrusters on everyone.

random tangent… thinking of the cluster #$%^ of Halo 4, reminded me of this April Fools video
http://www.ign.com/videos/2009/04/01/halo-3-xbox-360-trailer-april-fools

> 2533274800897675;2:
> You can’t tell who’s in a minority here, unhappy people will be first to complain so it looks like the “community” isn’t happy when really it’s probably just a few.

IDK… my main source of disappointment with the Halo 5 beta was the total lack of interest from all but one person on my friends list. Maybe like 15 Halo CE - Halo:Reach regulars almost unanimously dismissed H5. Not a single one of them take part in the forums. I really expect Halo 5 to drastically under perform. Blame fall out from Halo 4, MCC, and the Halo 5 beta. The name is no longer enough to guarantee the sales it once got.

Yep. I’m afraid to say you’re in the minority. The only thing that made me play Halo 4 was the campaign. Custom loadouts and awful map design were the main things that ruined it for me. The only map that was actually fun to play on was Adrift.

> 2628440139668401;7:
> Yep. I’m afraid to say you’re in the minority. The only thing that made me play Halo 4 was the campaign. Custom loadouts and awful map design were the main things that ruined it for me. The only map that was actually fun to play on was Adrift.

I liked that map as well. The real shame is how close that game was. Custom games with balanced starts and weapons on the map was actually good. No load outs, ordinance, random drops(lol… RANDOM), AAs on map only (like equipment). Still, CTF was butchered. Worse was that we never got the promised options to play classic CTF.

Fun fact: Ranked play usually takes up less than 20% of the total fanbase of any particular game. This can be seen in esport games such as League of Legends, where it has been noted that all of ranked is taken up by no more than 20% of the total fanbase, the other 80% couldn’t care less.

Basically, its worth noting that even if a vast majority of players here want competitive play, they still only sit in the 20%. For every 1 competitive player we see, there are 4 who arn’t competitive and just want to play.

This doesn’t say who is right or wrong, just something to roll around in your heads.

I agree with you, with the exception that halo 4 was my least favorite in the series.

Ordnance drops ruined everything for me, completely ruined map/power weapon control, plus the points per kill rather than getting 1 kill 1 point made every match a lot less intense.

I realize these things have now been changed in the MCC but it still left a sour taste in my mouth.

> 2533274824732025;9:
> Fun fact: Ranked play usually takes up less than 20% of the total fanbase of any particular game. This can be seen in esport games such as League of Legends, where it has been noted that all of ranked is taken up by no more than 20% of the total fanbase, the other 80% couldn’t care less.
>
> Basically, its worth noting that even if a vast majority of players here want competitive play, they still only sit in the 20%. For every 1 competitive player we see, there are 4 who arn’t competitive and just want to play.
>
> This doesn’t say who is right or wrong, just something to roll around in your heads.

The question is: in the battle for the soul of Halo, who will win? The 20% or the 80%?

> 2533274873843883;11:
> > 2533274824732025;9:
> > Fun fact: Ranked play usually takes up less than 20% of the total fanbase of any particular game. This can be seen in esport games such as League of Legends, where it has been noted that all of ranked is taken up by no more than 20% of the total fanbase, the other 80% couldn’t care less.
> >
> > Basically, its worth noting that even if a vast majority of players here want competitive play, they still only sit in the 20%. For every 1 competitive player we see, there are 4 who arn’t competitive and just want to play.
> >
> > This doesn’t say who is right or wrong, just something to roll around in your heads.
>
>
> The question is: in the battle for the soul of Halo, who will win? The 20% or the 80%?

If we put it up to vote, the answer is obvious.

Then again, Halo 4 had a bunch of non competitive elements and its population dropped. Perhaps non competitive players enjoy to mess around in strictly competitive environments?

> 2533274824732025;12:
> > 2533274873843883;11:
> > > 2533274824732025;9:
> > > Fun fact: Ranked play usually takes up less than 20% of the total fanbase of any particular game. This can be seen in esport games such as League of Legends, where it has been noted that all of ranked is taken up by no more than 20% of the total fanbase, the other 80% couldn’t care less.
> > >
> > > Basically, its worth noting that even if a vast majority of players here want competitive play, they still only sit in the 20%. For every 1 competitive player we see, there are 4 who arn’t competitive and just want to play.
> > >
> > > This doesn’t say who is right or wrong, just something to roll around in your heads.
> >
> >
> >
> > The question is: in the battle for the soul of Halo, who will win? The 20% or the 80%?
>
>
> If we put it up to vote, the answer is obvious.
>
> Then again, Halo 4 had a bunch of non competitive elements and its population dropped. Perhaps non competitive players enjoy to mess around in strictly competitive environments?

I think that is part of the problem and source of frustration. The 80% will be on to the next big thing in a few months. The hard cores will be left with a game they don’t really want to play.

The people who visit the forum are a tiny, insignificant portion of the people who play. Of that tiny portion, the naysayers are the most vocal. What I’m trying to say is, you can’t gauge where the consensus lies by visiting these forums. But hey, it’s fun to praise or rant so why not?

Halo 4 sucked because of Loadouts, AAs, and -Yoinking!- ORDINANCE.

I feel Halo 5 will be the biggest yet! The beta was for the arena aspect of the game, and I must say I loved it. However, I still feel that infinity slayer will be included as well where we can play as we want. It won’t be the competitiveness of the arena side, but a place to go for fun. I also think that if they are smart, they will have a huge forge side of multiplayer, as well as Spartan ops & an upgraded and awesome firefight mode.

I understand that some people don’t like certain things from previous games, but I see no harm in making this the biggest halo game yet, including everything from previous halos only upgraded and improved upon. Again, arena is only a portion of halo 5 multiplayer.