I missed you, Halo:Reach...

Halo 4 was a great game in it’s own right. But Reach was, and still is, my favorite Halo game ever.

I got my CQB helmet back. The Jetpack in this game is actually useful. Vehicles actually stand a chance without everyone running around with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades.

Oh… and Firefight. Spartan Ops was kinda fun, but I definitely prefer Firefight with all the customization options, the freedom to tweak the game to my hearts content.

Only thing Firefight is missing are heavy vehicles and aircraft; I’d love to have a large Firefight map with Scorpions, Gauss 'Hogs, drivable Banshees, and lots of enemy vehicles to blow up (+ friendly AI, just like on Installation 04); and a Firefight Heavies gametype to go with it. But I suppose it’s too late for more Firefight DLC…

There’s also the little differences; I really hate the brand-new sound effects they used for all the weapons and vehicles in Halo 4. I prefer the SFX for Halo:Reach, seeing as the Halo 4 Warthog sounds like an RC car and the much-desired Battle Rifle sounds like a cheap airsoft gun… but really, there are few weapons and no vehicles in that game that don’t sound like crap.

I really wish 343i would renew support for Halo:Reach. A few playlist updates, maybe… like a DLC playlist with all the Noble, Defiant, and Anniversary maps. I’d like to play the maps I bought, and there’s still 3 achievements for the Defiant maps I haven’t gotten. Reach still has a pretty good population (better than Halo 4, in fact) so that’s not an unreasonable request.

Amen!

Little details, indeed. I could list like a thousand inconsistencies and lost details in H4. Like how the Reach ghost loses accuracy when damaged. In Halo 4, when you look at your armor, you press UP to zoom out. But when you equip anything, you press DOWN for the same effect. Even the menu controls of H4 don’t match. In H4, icons don’t match the weapons; notice the DMR icon is actually for the Reach DMR.

I too, prefered Reach’s graphics and sound. The rendering glitches a lot in H4, and there’s less grass too.

But I have to say I prefer the H4 jetpack which is shorter lived but more readily available for use. Plus it comes with sprint for FREE.

> Little details, indeed. I could list like a thousand inconsistencies and lost details in H4. Like how the Reach ghost loses accuracy when damaged. In Halo 4, when you look at your armor, you press UP to zoom out. But when you equip anything, you press DOWN for the same effect. Even the menu controls of H4 don’t match. In H4, icons don’t match the weapons; notice the DMR icon is actually for the Reach DMR.
>
> I too, prefered Reach’s graphics and sound. The rendering glitches a lot in H4, and there’s less grass too.
>
> But I have to say I prefer the H4 jetpack which is shorter lived but more readily available for use. Plus it comes with sprint for FREE.

Personally, I never had much use for the H4 Jetpack. It’s a little too short-lived; I can’t get anywhere with that thing.

Having free Sprint is nice, though… especially with the Mobility upgrade, which lets you Sprint forever.

Halo 4 did have some things that I liked… like the Mantis, and the SAW, but it just had too many things I didn’t like, and took away a lot of things I liked about past Halos.

Another thing about the Campaign; while I found it enjoyable, the flying missions in Halo 4 with the Pelican and Broadsword were lousy compared to Reach’s flying missions with the Falcon and Sabre, respectively.

In Reach with the Falcon, you had nice big city to fly around, some random side-objectives, and plenty of Banshee and Phantom patrols, plus Covenant AA guns to shoot at. The Pelican in H4, on the other hand, seemed like little more than a means to get from point A to point B. The weapons on it were also way too powerful.

With Reach’s Sabre, you had a nice long space battle where you got take on Banshees, Seraphs, Phantoms, and even a Covenant Corvette, and it’s challenging as a normal mission on Heroic and Legendary. In Halo 4 with the Broadsword, you get to race down a trench and blast forerunner turrets. Very short-lived and boring… and it’s not even a challenge no matter what difficulty you’re playing on; hell even on LASO, it’s a cakewalk!

As far as I’m concerned, when Halo 5 comes around, 343i doesn’t just have to surpass Halo 4… they have to surpass Halo:Reach.

> > Little details, indeed. I could list like a thousand inconsistencies and lost details in H4. Like how the Reach ghost loses accuracy when damaged. In Halo 4, when you look at your armor, you press UP to zoom out. But when you equip anything, you press DOWN for the same effect. Even the menu controls of H4 don’t match. In H4, icons don’t match the weapons; notice the DMR icon is actually for the Reach DMR.
> >
> > I too, prefered Reach’s graphics and sound. The rendering glitches a lot in H4, and there’s less grass too.
> >
> > But I have to say I prefer the H4 jetpack which is shorter lived but more readily available for use. Plus it comes with sprint for FREE.
>
> Personally, I never had much use for the H4 Jetpack. It’s a little too short-lived; I can’t get anywhere with that thing.
>
> Having free Sprint is nice, though… especially with the Mobility upgrade, which lets you Sprint forever.
>
> Halo 4 did have some things that I liked… like the Mantis, and the SAW, but it just had too many things I didn’t like, and took away a lot of things I liked about past Halos.
>
> Another thing about the Campaign; while I found it enjoyable, the flying missions in Halo 4 with the Pelican and Broadsword were lousy compared to Reach’s flying missions with the Falcon and Sabre, respectively.
>
> In Reach with the Falcon, you had nice big city to fly around, some random side-objectives, and plenty of Banshee and Phantom patrols, plus Covenant AA guns to shoot at. The Pelican in H4, on the other hand, seemed like little more than a means to get from point A to point B. The weapons on it were also way too powerful.
>
> <mark>With Reach’s Sabre, you had a nice long space battle where you got take on Banshees, Seraphs, Phantoms, and even a Covenant Corvette, and it’s challenging as a normal mission on Heroic and Legendary. In Halo 4 with the Broadsword, you get to race down a trench and blast forerunner turrets. Very short-lived and boring… and it’s not even a challenge no matter what difficulty you’re playing on; hell even on LASO, it’s a cakewalk!</mark>
>
> As far as I’m concerned, when Halo 5 comes around, 343i doesn’t just have to surpass Halo 4… they have to surpass Halo:Reach.

What? I beat Reach on Legendary solo in a couple of days. I beat Halo 4 Legendary co-op but have yet to beat it solo (not that I’ve been trying, I already got my Mark VI for the co-op run). I find it harder than Reach (in most spots). But maybe we just play differently. Honestly, I found Reach to be probably the smoothest run through on Legendary of all the Halo games. And I suck.

> > > Little details, indeed. I could list like a thousand inconsistencies and lost details in H4. Like how the Reach ghost loses accuracy when damaged. In Halo 4, when you look at your armor, you press UP to zoom out. But when you equip anything, you press DOWN for the same effect. Even the menu controls of H4 don’t match. In H4, icons don’t match the weapons; notice the DMR icon is actually for the Reach DMR.
> > >
> > > I too, prefered Reach’s graphics and sound. The rendering glitches a lot in H4, and there’s less grass too.
> > >
> > > But I have to say I prefer the H4 jetpack which is shorter lived but more readily available for use. Plus it comes with sprint for FREE.
> >
> > Personally, I never had much use for the H4 Jetpack. It’s a little too short-lived; I can’t get anywhere with that thing.
> >
> > Having free Sprint is nice, though… especially with the Mobility upgrade, which lets you Sprint forever.
> >
> > Halo 4 did have some things that I liked… like the Mantis, and the SAW, but it just had too many things I didn’t like, and took away a lot of things I liked about past Halos.
> >
> > Another thing about the Campaign; while I found it enjoyable, the flying missions in Halo 4 with the Pelican and Broadsword were lousy compared to Reach’s flying missions with the Falcon and Sabre, respectively.
> >
> > In Reach with the Falcon, you had nice big city to fly around, some random side-objectives, and plenty of Banshee and Phantom patrols, plus Covenant AA guns to shoot at. The Pelican in H4, on the other hand, seemed like little more than a means to get from point A to point B. The weapons on it were also way too powerful.
> >
> > <mark>With Reach’s Sabre, you had a nice long space battle where you got take on Banshees, Seraphs, Phantoms, and even a Covenant Corvette, and it’s challenging as a normal mission on Heroic and Legendary. In Halo 4 with the Broadsword, you get to race down a trench and blast forerunner turrets. Very short-lived and boring… and it’s not even a challenge no matter what difficulty you’re playing on; hell even on LASO, it’s a cakewalk!</mark>
> >
> > As far as I’m concerned, when Halo 5 comes around, 343i doesn’t just have to surpass Halo 4… they have to surpass Halo:Reach.
>
> What? I beat Reach on Legendary solo in a couple of days. I beat Halo 4 Legendary co-op but have yet to beat it solo (not that I’ve been trying, I already got my Mark VI for the co-op run). I find it harder than Reach (in most spots). But maybe we just play differently. Honestly, I found Reach to be probably the smoothest run through on Legendary of all the Halo games. And I suck.

I wasn’t talking the whole Campaign, I was talking about the space missions. Halo 4’s space mission is an absolute cakewalk even on Legendary with all skulls on. Reach’s space mission presents a much greater challenge on higher difficulties, especially as you add skulls.