I miss the Halo 5 Beta

For all it’s flaws, from 1th to across the map AR head shots and Pro ranks being matched up with Iron newbies, the Halo 5 beta was some great fun. Too much fun, personally I can’t wait for the official release. Really, I’m having a difficult time finding something to fill the void left by the beta. Maybe it’s because of the MCC’s lack of Ranks and many remaining glitches, spoiling what should have been the gap closer between the end of the beta and release. It certainly doesn’t help that no current Halo can match the fluid gameplay and balanced weapon sandbox found even in just the beta. If there was a way to pay to gain access to the beta for the remainder of time till release, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy into it.

Of course a lot of folks on these forums do not share my views. You are, of course, not wrong in your opinions but I feel as though there’s some confusion about the comments on the quality of the game we recently previewed in the beta. It’s fine to not like the direction that 343 is taking Halo but you cannot deny the quality of the game they have built. This is apparent from only the beta, where multiplayer is concerned 343 has constructed a well tuned masterpiece of an Arena Shooter which still holds the essence of Halo found in every game. You can pick that statement apart all you want but you can’t deny that we are still jumping around on relatively colorful maps, head shotting and tea bagging our way to victory using the holy trinity of grenades, melee and weapons while keeping a competitive atmosphere by incentivizing team work (Through team shotting, on map weapons, and the moderate kill times compared to other FPS’s). Not to mention the silly/fun game types and vehicles that will undoubtedly be in the final game. This is what Halo is, and 343 has used that base to create a perfect version of the game they think will make their fans happy. Sorry if this reads like a bunch of rambling nonsense, been a long day :D.

Also, the poll question: Would you pay to play the beta, more or less how it was earlier this year, till Halo 5 is released?

Nah, it was a good taste. Tantalizing, but that’s all it was: a taste. Hopefully it is only a small portion of what is to be an absolutely splendid course.

> 2533274867157068;2:
> Nah, it was a good taste. Tantalizing, but that’s all it was: a taste. Hopefully it is only a small portion of what is to be an absolutely splendid course.

It’s hard to imagine how they could do any wrong to the multiplayer from this point if they keep what they had in the beta as a base (assuming you liked it in the first place). Campaign on the other hand is a whole n’other beast, but I trust 343 will do well.

> 2533274803896054;3:
> > 2533274867157068;2:
> > Nah, it was a good taste. Tantalizing, but that’s all it was: a taste. Hopefully it is only a small portion of what is to be an absolutely splendid course.
>
>
> It’s hard to imagine how they could do any wrong to the multiplayer from this point if they keep what they had in the beta as a base (assuming you liked it in the first place). Campaign on the other hand is a whole n’other beast, but I trust 343 will do well.

Yeah, I think Halo 5 will be something great. They got good feedback from the beta, so I think they won’t deviate from that path. I just want a good campaign story. I am confident in 343 as a company to make a good story, but the writer of Escalations is writing Halo 5, so I’m a bit concerned.

> 2533274803896054;3:
> > 2533274867157068;2:
> > Nah, it was a good taste. Tantalizing, but that’s all it was: a taste. Hopefully it is only a small portion of what is to be an absolutely splendid course.
>
>
> It’s hard to imagine how they could do any wrong to the multiplayer from this point if they keep what they had in the beta as a base (assuming you liked it in the first place). Campaign on the other hand is a whole n’other beast, but I trust 343 will do well.

Finally people showing some lovelove

Miss it 2

I would never pay 60$ for any BETA -not unless it was bundled with a game I’m planning on purchasing.

I missed it sadly too

I did rather enjoy the beta, and would like to have played more. But i dont want to get burned out by such a limited selection of maps and gametypes before the actual launch, so i would rather enjoy my (now working quickly) MCC until November.

> 2533274802469862;5:
> > 2533274803896054;3:
> > > 2533274867157068;2:
> > > Nah, it was a good taste. Tantalizing, but that’s all it was: a taste. Hopefully it is only a small portion of what is to be an absolutely splendid course.
> >
> >
> >
> > It’s hard to imagine how they could do any wrong to the multiplayer from this point if they keep what they had in the beta as a base (assuming you liked it in the first place). Campaign on the other hand is a whole n’other beast, but I trust 343 will do well.
>
>
> Finally people showing some lovelove

Glad to be bringing back the lovelove to these forums.

> 2533274798578400;9:
> I did rather enjoy the beta, and would like to have played more. But i dont want to get burned out by such a limited selection of maps and gametypes before the actual launch, so i would rather enjoy my (now working quickly) MCC until November.

I was pretty satisfied with the 6 available non-Breakout maps with Team Slayer, the new ranking system has given a lot of incentive to keep playing at “max level” instead of hitting the 50 level cap and being more or less done with that play list.

> 2533274803896054;10:
> > 2533274798578400;9:
> > I did rather enjoy the beta, and would like to have played more. But i dont want to get burned out by such a limited selection of maps and gametypes before the actual launch, so i would rather enjoy my (now working quickly) MCC until November.
>
>
> I was pretty satisfied with the 6 available non-Breakout maps with Team Slayer, the new ranking system has given a lot of incentive to keep playing at “max level” instead of hitting the 50 level cap and being more or less done with that play list.

I agree, but the ranking system still needs some tweaks. It was very starcraft-esque at its core though, which i rather enjoy.

I still think that the 6 maps were not nearly enough, especially considering that some were just “remixes” of the original maps. Plus they were missing gametypes like flag, ball, and bomb. If they were going to add those then they might as well have released the whole game haha

> 2533274798578400;11:
> > 2533274803896054;10:
> > > 2533274798578400;9:
> > > I did rather enjoy the beta, and would like to have played more. But i dont want to get burned out by such a limited selection of maps and gametypes before the actual launch, so i would rather enjoy my (now working quickly) MCC until November.
> >
> >
> >
> > I was pretty satisfied with the 6 available non-Breakout maps with Team Slayer, the new ranking system has given a lot of incentive to keep playing at “max level” instead of hitting the 50 level cap and being more or less done with that play list.
>
>
> I agree, but the ranking system still needs some tweaks. It was very starcraft-esque at its core though, which i rather enjoy.

I had heard that the guy who made the ranking system for Starcraft was the same guy who made the ranking system for the Halo 5 Beta.

Who the hell pays for a demo? Stop giving these businesses ideas.

Paying for a beta? HELL NO!

A beta is for testing purposes, not for money making.

If it were a pre-order bonus I’d consider it since pre-ordering at my local gamestore doesn’t require money upfront.

> 2533274831961512;13:
> Who the hell pays for a demo? Stop giving these businesses ideas.

Fans? If you don’t like the idea of “paying for a demo” then look at it as supporting a company and game series you love, with a small reward(that means nothing or will mean nothing once the game is released) attached to it. A lot of companies do this, its nothing new.

> 2533274870489921;14:
> Paying for a beta? HELL NO!
>
> A beta is for testing purposes, not for money making.
>
> If it were a pre-order bonus I’d consider it since pre-ordering at my local gamestore doesn’t require money upfront.

The beta can easily become a demo if the developers simply stop using it to gather information.

> 2533274803896054;15:
> > 2533274831961512;13:
> > Who the hell pays for a demo? Stop giving these businesses ideas.
>
>
>
>
> Fans? If you don’t like the idea of “paying for a demo” then look at it as supporting a company and game series you love, with a small reward(that means nothing or will mean nothing once the game is released) attached to it. A lot of companies do this, its nothing new.
>
>
>
> > 2533274870489921;14:
> > Paying for a beta? HELL NO!
> >
> > A beta is for testing purposes, not for money making.
> >
> > If it were a pre-order bonus I’d consider it since pre-ordering at my local gamestore doesn’t require money upfront.
>
>
> The beta can easily become a demo if the developers simply stop using it to gather information.

there’s early access and then there are demos. I love Halo, but I’m not paying for a demo. Early access is you play it from when it’s basically a demo, but you get full access no holds barred. I’ve never heard of people payng for demos. I’ve heard of them being included as incentives with other games (as Halo 5’s was), but you aren’t paying for the demo specifically in that instance.

You’re confusing early access with demos and I’d really rather wish you wouldn’t.

> 2533274803896054;12:
> > 2533274798578400;11:
> > > 2533274803896054;10:
> > > > 2533274798578400;9:
> > > > I did rather enjoy the beta, and would like to have played more. But i dont want to get burned out by such a limited selection of maps and gametypes before the actual launch, so i would rather enjoy my (now working quickly) MCC until November.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I was pretty satisfied with the 6 available non-Breakout maps with Team Slayer, the new ranking system has given a lot of incentive to keep playing at “max level” instead of hitting the 50 level cap and being more or less done with that play list.
> >
> >
> >
> > I agree, but the ranking system still needs some tweaks. It was very starcraft-esque at its core though, which i rather enjoy.
>
>
> I had heard that the guy who made the ranking system for Starcraft was the same guy who made the ranking system for the Halo 5 Beta.

Yeah its Josh Menke. Check out his Twitter too. it has some interesting thoughts on game rank systems.

> 2533274831961512;16:
> > 2533274803896054;15:
> > > 2533274831961512;13:
> > > Who the hell pays for a demo? Stop giving these businesses ideas.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Fans? If you don’t like the idea of “paying for a demo” then look at it as supporting a company and game series you love, with a small reward(that means nothing or will mean nothing once the game is released) attached to it. A lot of companies do this, its nothing new.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274870489921;14:
> > > Paying for a beta? HELL NO!
> > >
> > > A beta is for testing purposes, not for money making.
> > >
> > > If it were a pre-order bonus I’d consider it since pre-ordering at my local gamestore doesn’t require money upfront.
> >
> >
> >
> > The beta can easily become a demo if the developers simply stop using it to gather information.
>
>
> there’s early access and then there are demos. I love Halo, but I’m not paying for a demo. Early access is you play it from when it’s basically a demo, but you get full access no holds barred. I’ve never heard of people payng for demos. I’ve heard of them being included as incentives with other games (as Halo 5’s was), but you aren’t paying for the demo specifically in that instance.
>
> You’re confusing early access with demos and I’d really rather wish you wouldn’t.

Early access is paying to be apart of an alpha or some sort of version of the game where feedback is taken and recorded. What I’m suggesting is more along the lines of a demo since the multiplayer Beta at this point is a stripped down version of the real game having the purpose of giving Halo 5 more exposure (for a price possibly, online multiplayer anything needs servers to make it work and those aren’t free) and basically being a fan service for those people who can’t wait for the release while not being used for feedback since it’s an old and obsolete version of the game.

It’s fine if you don’t want to pay for or take part in something like this but as long as it didn’t take away resources from more important projects I don’t see why this couldn’t be done. As in, if 343 could spare a day at most to set up some sort of verification system(if payments are a thing) to let people back into the (now obsolete) beta (if it still exists in its original form, otherwise the effort to set it back up would be too great I fear) then I’d be for it. All this is a crazy dream though, it’s hard to believe it would even reach the right people at 343.

I loved the beta, and I honestly can’t wait to play the full game!

You miss it I could not play it when it was there.
I wont ever pay money for a Beta.
I think that is just…I dont know.
I mean you help as user for free cause you like the game.
Why would you pay to do this???
That is a little strange to me.