I miss Halo Reach's Customization options

You know the more I watched this video, the more I missed the grind on trying to get that Inclement weather effect. How many of you looked at that and went:

" I have to get that " or " Wow why is that so expensive" or even " how many people actually got that? ".

Now its just like “hey whoop de doo I got myself Pool of Radiance Certification, only another 70 more golden packs or less until I get Jorge’s Chest plate”.

Personally I like the idea of the whole RNG system and all, but why is there only one armor set you have to get through grinding (which btw doesn’t even look at all impressive IMO)? I mean sure there are a few others you can unlock as well like Hunter! Oh wait you can unlock that by preordering from Gamestop. No wait that’s ok we can still unlock Master Chiefs Helmet! Oh wait you can do that by playing Masterchief collection (which is an entirely different game).Then There’s nightfall with the whole watch 6 episodes of some series that has Locke in it and then there is Helioskrill, used to be known as the most hardest unlock armor set until they put it onto the loot table.

I mean what happened with the whole unlocking thing anyway? What happened to playing a game on the hardest difficulty and finding all the collectibles and you will receive a blue flaming skull helmet (FYI that’s an example)? I mean even these commendations are a joke. Get enough kills with the SPNK Rocket Launcher and you will receive a Cone emblem. Meanwhile in Reach, you had access to all the damn emblems the second you play.

Also here is a question that people have asked on repeat, why is there no option to sell all my REQs at once? Or why isn’t the armor not set under compiled lists like Reach (It would definitely help with all the scrolling I would have to go through/anyone that goes through just to find a single variation)? Why is there no filter like alphabetical order or Rarity?

But the 10 million dollar question is: What happened to Reach’s Art style on Armor and the armor effects that was with it? When I look at that armor, it spells out SPARTAN. When I look at things like this, it spells out ALIEN. Not that anything is wrong with that, it’s just I wish it can have that gritty metal look again.

speaking of metal, will we ever have this is as customization option again?

I miss playing real Halo…Fingers crossed for a good Halo 3 remastered.

#MakeHaloGreatAgain

While I am not a big fan of the random system and yeah there needed to be way more cosmetics unlocked via gameplay… A grind is a grind. Whether you are grinding req points for packs or certain armor pieces. I like to complete as much of a Halo game as I can so it would be a grind either way. What I miss or don’t like really is the majority of the armor now is just ugly. Reach did have better looking armor.

If you think tracer is bad then have a look at seeker. It spells Coffee Machine. But yes I agree and i would also like to see Spartans customising their shoulders and wrists again.

> 2533274816788253;3:
> While I am not a big fan of the random system and yeah there needed to be way more cosmetics unlocked via gameplay… A grind is a grind. Whether you are grinding req points for packs or certain armor pieces. I like to complete as much of a Halo game as I can so it would be a grind either way. What I miss or don’t like really is the majority of the armor now is just ugly. Reach did have better looking armor.

Uhhh no

Id prefer to grind and get stuff I CHOOSE on the way to the end goal, rather than useless items throughout and only get what I want till the very end.

Example. I have Jorges chestplate in halo 5, many players love and want it. I don’t. I want Mark IV, but no, I’m stuck with something I don’t want. Do I wear Indominatable? Of course. Mark IV and Indominatable are both the same rarity, so why can’t I chose how my grind pays off? I have friends who have Mark IV, who WISHED they unlocked copperhead instead. Guess who got copperhead and doesn’t like it, nor want it?

That’s right, me.

Id hope you get my point. It’s not about the grind, it’s about actually unlocking what you want. Many players are just happy with any mythic, but I’m not. I’d like a choice in the mythic I unlock, rather than having to grind all the way to the end- to unlock everything- to get the 2 items I want that someone could have got in their first few gold packs (like my lucky brother). No point in a grind, if players can get the items you grinded for, at the start of their gold pack grind just through luck (not talking about $$ here, just RNG).

> 2533274875084332;5:
> > 2533274816788253;3:
> > While I am not a big fan of the random system and yeah there needed to be way more cosmetics unlocked via gameplay… A grind is a grind. Whether you are grinding req points for packs or certain armor pieces. I like to complete as much of a Halo game as I can so it would be a grind either way. What I miss or don’t like really is the majority of the armor now is just ugly. Reach did have better looking armor.
>
>
> Uhhh no
>
> Id prefer to grind and get stuff I CHOOSE on the way to the end goal, rather than useless items throughout and only get what I want till the very end.
>
> Example. I have Jorges chestplate in halo 5, many players love and want it. I don’t. I want Mark IV, but no, I’m stuck with something I don’t want. Do I wear Indominatable? Of course. Mark IV and Indominatable are both the same rarity, so why can’t I chose how my grind pays off? I have friends who have Mark IV, who WISHED they unlocked copperhead instead. Guess who got copperhead and doesn’t like it, nor want it?
>
> That’s right, me.
>
> Id hope you get my point. It’s not about the grind, it’s about actually unlocking what you want. Many players are just happy with any mythic, but I’m not. I’d like a choice in the mythic I unlock, rather than having to grind all the way to the end- to unlock everything- to get the 2 items I want that someone could have got in their first few gold packs (like my lucky brother). No point in a grind, if players can get the items you grinded for, at the start of their gold pack grind just through luck (not talking about $$ here, just RNG).

I’m only ever going to wear my EVA helm, so when there’s a choice between potentially having to open dozens upon dozens of packs to get the armour I want while unlocking dozens of armours I don’t want, or saving up my credits to a known quantity. I’ll pick the latter every time.

For halo 6 I’d like to see a customisation store like in reach and the req system where you only get weapons for warzone

> 2533274875084332;5:
> > 2533274816788253;3:
> > While I am not a big fan of the random system and yeah there needed to be way more cosmetics unlocked via gameplay… A grind is a grind. Whether you are grinding req points for packs or certain armor pieces. I like to complete as much of a Halo game as I can so it would be a grind either way. What I miss or don’t like really is the majority of the armor now is just ugly. Reach did have better looking armor.
>
>
> Uhhh no
>
> Id prefer to grind and get stuff I CHOOSE on the way to the end goal, rather than useless items throughout and only get what I want till the very end.
>
> Example. I have Jorges chestplate in halo 5, many players love and want it. I don’t. I want Mark IV, but no, I’m stuck with something I don’t want. Do I wear Indominatable? Of course. Mark IV and Indominatable are both the same rarity, so why can’t I chose how my grind pays off? I have friends who have Mark IV, who WISHED they unlocked copperhead instead. Guess who got copperhead and doesn’t like it, nor want it?
>
> That’s right, me.
>
> Id hope you get my point. It’s not about the grind, it’s about actually unlocking what you want. Many players are just happy with any mythic, but I’m not. I’d like a choice in the mythic I unlock, rather than having to grind all the way to the end- to unlock everything- to get the 2 items I want that someone could have got in their first few gold packs (like my lucky brother). No point in a grind, if players can get the items you grinded for, at the start of their gold pack grind just through luck (not talking about $$ here, just RNG).

Yeah I get your point but you clearly didn’t get mine. Sure some players don’t care if they unlock everything. I am one who wants to unlock everything. So either way I would be grinding out a lot of points. Sorry if I am just patient enough to keep opening packs till I had everything.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> > 2533274875084332;5:
> > > 2533274816788253;3:
> > > While I am not a big fan of the random system and yeah there needed to be way more cosmetics unlocked via gameplay… A grind is a grind. Whether you are grinding req points for packs or certain armor pieces. I like to complete as much of a Halo game as I can so it would be a grind either way. What I miss or don’t like really is the majority of the armor now is just ugly. Reach did have better looking armor.
> >
> >
> > Uhhh no
> >
> > Id prefer to grind and get stuff I CHOOSE on the way to the end goal, rather than useless items throughout and only get what I want till the very end.
> >
> > Example. I have Jorges chestplate in halo 5, many players love and want it. I don’t. I want Mark IV, but no, I’m stuck with something I don’t want. Do I wear Indominatable? Of course. Mark IV and Indominatable are both the same rarity, so why can’t I chose how my grind pays off? I have friends who have Mark IV, who WISHED they unlocked copperhead instead. Guess who got copperhead and doesn’t like it, nor want it?
> >
> > That’s right, me.
> >
> > Id hope you get my point. It’s not about the grind, it’s about actually unlocking what you want. Many players are just happy with any mythic, but I’m not. I’d like a choice in the mythic I unlock, rather than having to grind all the way to the end- to unlock everything- to get the 2 items I want that someone could have got in their first few gold packs (like my lucky brother). No point in a grind, if players can get the items you grinded for, at the start of their gold pack grind just through luck (not talking about $$ here, just RNG).
>
>
> Yeah I get your point but you clearly didn’t get mine. Sure some players don’t care if they unlock everything. I am one who wants to unlock everything. So either way I would be grinding out a lot of points. Sorry if I am just patient enough to keep opening packs till I had everything.

I do get your point. I want to unlock everything as well, however, I want to choose on the way to the end. Rather than getting what I’ve been after at the very end.

My point is about choice on the road to unlocking everything.

> 2533274973685362;1:
> You know the more I watched this video, the more I missed the grind on trying to get that Inclement weather effect. How many of you looked at that and went:
>
> " I have to get that " or " Wow why is that so expensive" or even " how many people actually got that? ".
>
> Now its just like “hey whoop de doo I got myself Pool of Radiance Certification, only another 70 more golden packs or less until I get Jorge’s Chest plate”.
>
> Personally I like the idea of the whole RNG system and all, but why is there only one armor set you have to get through grinding (which btw doesn’t even look at all impressive IMO)? I mean sure there are a few others you can unlock as well like Hunter! Oh wait you can unlock that by preordering from Gamestop. No wait that’s ok we can still unlock Master Chiefs Helmet! Oh wait you can do that by playing Masterchief collection (which is an entirely different game).Then There’s nightfall with the whole watch 6 episodes of some series that has Locke in it and then there is Helioskrill, used to be known as the most hardest unlock armor set until they put it onto the loot table.
>
> I mean what happened with the whole unlocking thing anyway? What happened to playing a game on the hardest difficulty and finding all the collectibles and you will receive a blue flaming skull helmet (FYI that’s an example)? I mean even these commendations are a joke. Get enough kills with the SPNK Rocket Launcher and you will receive a Cone emblem. Meanwhile in Reach, you had access to all the damn emblems the second you play.
>
> Also here is a question that people have asked on repeat, why is there no option to sell all my REQs at once? Or why isn’t the armor not set under compiled lists like Reach (It would definitely help with all the scrolling I would have to go through/anyone that goes through just to find a single variation)? Why is there no filter like alphabetical order or Rarity?
>
> But the 10 million dollar question is: What happened to Reach’s Art style on Armor and the armor effects that was with it? When I look at that armor, it spells out SPARTAN. When I look at things like this, it spells out ALIEN. Not that anything is wrong with that, it’s just I wish it can have that gritty metal look again.
>
> speaking of metal, will we ever have this is as customization option again?

I miss it too. We can only hope it is brought back in half its glory.

> 2533274830960680;2:
> I miss playing real Halo…Fingers crossed for a good Halo 3 remastered.
>
> #MakeHaloGreatAgain

I’m pretty sure Halo 5 is a real Halo.

[deleted]

> 2535464451695009;12:
> > 2533274877222091;11:
> > > 2533274830960680;2:
> > > I miss playing real Halo…Fingers crossed for a good Halo 3 remastered.
> > >
> > > #MakeHaloGreatAgain
> >
> >
> > I’m pretty sure Halo 5 is a real Halo.
>
>
> In design principle sure, but not too much during gameplay imo. Sometimes it feels like Halo, but other times it feels like a weird combination of multiple shooters.
>
> I just want to customize my individual shoulders and legs at least in addition to the torso and head.

Do you think Reach is real Halo then? Because if Halo 5 isn’t, Reach sure as hell isnt either.

> 2533274973685362;1:
> I mean what happened with the whole unlocking thing anyway? What happened to playing a game on the hardest difficulty and finding all the collectibles and you will receive a blue flaming skull helmet (FYI that’s an example)? I mean even these commendations are a joke. Get enough kills with the SPNK Rocket Launcher and you will receive a Cone emblem. Meanwhile in Reach, you had access to all the damn emblems the second you play.

I could go one step further and say, what happened with the whole, play a game to enjoy playing the game instead of worrying about being awarded for it. The best award playing H:CE and H2 on Legendary was the satisfaction of beating one of the hardest campaigns at that time. Didn’t hurt that there was the best special ending when completing Legendary in CE.

Never understood the obsession over Spartan customization. Most of the armor customization decisions I witnessed when playing in Reach was atrocious anyways.

[deleted]

> 2533274830960680;2:
> I miss playing real Halo…Fingers crossed for a good Halo 3 remastered.
>
> #MakeHaloGreatAgain

One can only hope to such a thing!

> 2533274800383882;14:
> > 2533274973685362;1:
> > I mean what happened with the whole unlocking thing anyway? What happened to playing a game on the hardest difficulty and finding all the collectibles and you will receive a blue flaming skull helmet (FYI that’s an example)? I mean even these commendations are a joke. Get enough kills with the SPNK Rocket Launcher and you will receive a Cone emblem. Meanwhile in Reach, you had access to all the damn emblems the second you play.
>
>
> I could go one step further and say, what happened with the whole, play a game to enjoy playing the game instead of worrying about being awarded for it. The best award playing H:CE and H2 on Legendary was the satisfaction of beating one of the hardest campaigns at that time. Didn’t hurt that there was the best special ending when completing Legendary in CE.
>
> Never understood the obsession over Spartan customization. Most of the armor customization decisions I witnessed when playing in Reach was atrocious anyways.

I agree so much with this! I feel like Halo has become an online build a Spartan workshop instead of a FPS.

Also, I miss the elite customization, the armor special effects, and the firefight voice customization. I remember how the armor variants were notable and had their own description, now they so lazy that they only changed their color and labeled them as legendary. Back then elites were respectable, now they’re all like noobs.

The thing I liked the most about Reach’s customization was, for the most part, armor modifications actually looked like they served a purpose (even if there was no change to gameplay), rather than just being a different shell for the same undersuit. For example, extra pouches for increased ammo/carrying capacity, arm-mounted GPS system, “up armored” variants, hardened uplink attachments, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I like the fact that you can have different armor choices, but I also like my armors to look like they’re purpose built for function, not just to “look different”.

RNG and the REQ system makes sense from a monetization standpoint, as it inherently drags out the duration of time to unlock the things you want, but I think it would be most beneficial for a hybrid of the two systems. For example, you can either grind out the amount of REQ points needed to unlock a certain item (which, maybe to incentivize players to go with REQ packs, are marked up if you buy a single item), or run the chance of getting what you want at less cost by going through REQ packs.

> 2533274916180958;7:
> For halo 6 I’d like to see a customisation store like in reach and the req system where you only get weapons for warzone

Actually, that’s a good idea. Weapons are a different thing that could be unlocked by REQS and armor by a price or achievements, or anything that was in the older Halos.

I like your idea. Hand this man a beer, please.