I miss flag dribbling...

Who else likes it better? I think it makes the gameplay more immerse. Think about it you can choose whether or not you want to be sneaky with the flag and not dribble it or you can dribble it to get the flag to the objective a lot faster but giving away your position. I also like how you have to press a button to pick up the flag. You can’t even drop the flag which is stupid in my opinion. Anyone else feel this way?

I sort of miss

FLAG TAKEN

FLAG DROPPED

FLAG TAKEN

FLAG DROPPED

Honestly I don’t mind

I didn’t like it. Such a cheesy way of scoring. Taking that away added to the intensity of the match.

You share the feelings of everyone else that played Halo, and left after this game. Why 343 handicapped CTF is a mystery that cannot be solved by logic, reasoning, and common sense.

> I sort of miss
>
> FLAG TAKEN
>
> FLAG DROPPED
>
> FLAG TAKEN
>
> FLAG DROPPED
>
> Honestly I don’t mind

I love it when the announcer guy says that. I hope they bring flag dribbling/juggling back in the next Halo.

I liked it because it added an alternate strategy to score the flag.

You could be sneaky and slow, or you could be fast but have your position given away every time you drop the flag.

Flagnum is interesting but annoying due to lack of flag drop and the implementation of flag auto pickup.

“Oh what, you had a rocket launcher and your teammate with the flag died in front of you? Tough coconuts, here’s the flag. Have fun dying.”

That annoyed me. And also auto pick up in H4 annoys me more.

> You could be sneaky and slow, or you could be fast but have your position given away every time you drop the flag.

Except most of the time the indicator doesn’t even show up for the first few seconds after a drop, so it’s more like you can be fast, sneaky, and annoying.

> I liked it because it added an alternate strategy to score the flag.
>
> You could be sneaky and slow, or you could be fast but have your position given away every time you drop the flag.
>
> Flagnum is interesting but annoying due to lack of flag drop and the implementation of flag auto pickup.
>
> “Oh what, you had a rocket launcher and your teammate with the flag died in front of you? Tough coconuts, here’s the flag. Have fun dying.”

More strategy and more skill is a NONO you know. It’s obviously why 343 took it out of the first place.

> “Oh what, you had a rocket launcher and your teammate with the flag died in front of you? Tough coconuts, here’s the flag. Have fun dying.”

I’m starting to think I’m the only person who feels this way, but sometimes I grab the flag to use it as a weapon. In a small area, like the bases on Settler (Blood Gulch bases), the Flagnum is most certainly a power weapon. A fatal melee with a 4-shot kill magnum? If you have even the slightest patience for letting the reticle reset, you can drop people from mid range and even score the occasional triple at close range. But I digress…

Flag dribbling was a mechanic that was, atleast to my knowledge, unique to Halo and provided some new possibilities for strategy. Like SilentA98 said, you could choose slow and sneaky or fast and obvious. Besides that even, it allowed you to pass flags over certain obstacles, throw flags off ledges, and drop it to help defend with whatever weapon you had prior.

In my opinion, flag dribbling was a more advanced and skill-requiring mechanic than the Flagnum, but I enjoy both. That being said, I wish there were options such as disabling the Flagnum and reverting to just a flag, and the ability to toggle flag dropping. The flag drop button could easily by mapped to “Y”, or something else inconsequential while carrying.

Flag running was my favorite part of CTF in past Halo games. They got rid of it because people on forums complained about hearing “flag taken, flag dropped” over and over. Way to go guys.

Much worse is auto pickup though. Just because I’m standing on the flag doesn’t mean I want to pick it up at that moment. Good players make sure to put most of the enemy team on respawn before grabbing the flag. Now you have to be so careful not to accidentally touch it too soon since you aren’t allowed to choose when you pick it up OR allowed to drop the damn thing.

> Flag running was my favorite part of CTF in past Halo games. <mark>They got rid of it because people on forums complained about hearing “flag taken, flag dropped” over and over</mark>. Way to go guys.

Lamest complaint ever. Reach didn’t have flag juggling outside of MLG because it didn’t work as well as in older games.

> You share the feelings of everyone else that played Halo, and left after this game. Why 343 handicapped CTF is a mystery that cannot be solved by logic, reasoning, and common sense.

Agreed

Yes, I love CTF and really miss being able to throw the flag.
I also hate auto pickup.

> I liked it because it added an alternate strategy to score the flag.
>
>
> Flagnum is interesting but annoying due to lack of flag drop and the implementation of flag auto pickup.
>

Rarely an issue to me it seems. I like how you can shoot WHILE running with the flag.

CTF is more intense now, just what people have wanted. It’s far less boring than previous CTF’s, in my opinion.

I hate flag juggling… I hate people who do it. But I also hate not being able to drop the flag. My thought is if you drop the flag you should still be slow for like 3-5 seconds after you drop it so you can’t juggle. Why not do that for Halo 4 in the first place.

auto pickup is a joke

I like the flagnum just for the fact that it is a tiny piece of what is left of duel wielding (not really, but its close) from previous games. They made sure not to leave you vulnerable and gave you a 4sk pistol with two extra shots to help you survive better. Essentially, they gave you an op magnum with a 1hk melee.

However, an option to toggle this off and switch it with regular flag pickup should have also been added, as well as the option to drop the flag, and a toggle to hold the action/reload button to pick the flag up for when the player wants to instead of auto pickup.

That feature was annoying. The only gripe I have is automatic pick up and to an extent not being able to drop the flag.

Dropping and picking it up repeatedly shouldn’t speed you up though if being able to drop the flag was added