I might know a way to bring back The UNSC SoF

This is all just an idea on how to bring back Spirit of Fire. Okay? Alright, well most of us know about the Janus Key at the end of Spartan Ops Season 1 and how it shows the real time location of every piece of forerunner technology and all that stuff. Well at the end of Halo Wars, the SoF escaped a forerunner shield world that housed an entire fleet of forerunner warships, well SoF made sure it couldn’t fall into enemy hands by causing it’s sun to go supernova which obliterated the Shield world. This is where it gets interesting… What if at the end of a Spops season 2 or whatever we recover the other half of the janus key; infinity then gets sent to investigate one of these installations which just happens to be the location of the former shield world. When they exit slipspace they find nothing but rubble. A few moments later the pick up a beacon, and are dumbstruck to find out that the UNSC beacon is coming from the Spirit of Fire which is Thought to have been lost with all hands. Then they recover the SoF and her crew by bringing a brand new slipspace drive and recovering 3 Spartan II’s which would be pretty cool lol. Sorry for any grammar errors but I’m not trying to write a novel here, anyways yeah… I’ve always been interested in the fate of the Sof. Especially since Oni tried to cover something up about the SoF. So yeah, feel free to say what you think about my idea and your more than welcome to expand on this.

That would be awesome. They would all be in cyro-sleep except for one guy who ate all the food and grew a beard or something stupid. lol. Seriously, though. This would really be neat, especially if it took place later in the series, to bring it full circle.

This is actually the first really plausible reason for bringing them back I’ve heard.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I also wonder what condition serina would be in…

im all for tying up lose ends in canon–this is great, even if it was only mentioned

This actually seems plausible and Serina would have probably gone past rampancy and put protocols to protect important individuals, Anders, Spartans, and Cutter at the expense of the rest of the crew. Kind of like Mass effect where we find all the Prothean Cryotubes and find out what happened to them there.

If the Janus Key shows the real-time location of all Forerunner tech and the SoF destroyed that Forerunner shield world, then the Janus Key wouldn’t reveal that location since there is nothing left.

I think the SoF is just going to be another Halo-canon string that never gets tied into the story again. It would be nice to be wrong, but I’m certainly not expecting to see them again.

The only really plausible way for the SoF to be brought back into the canon is with ONI. Something along the lines of ONI randomly finding them and keeping it a secret while using Dr. Anders and the Spartans on board the SoF to further whatever dubious goals theyre going to have in future games.

Halo Wars is non-canon.

> Halo Wars is non-canon.

Which would be a true statement, if it wasnt infact false.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> My ignorant opinion is non-canon.

> This is all just an idea on how to bring back Spirit of Fire. Okay? Alright, well most of us know about the Janus Key at the end of Spartan Ops Season 1 and how it shows the real time location of every piece of forerunner technology and all that stuff. Well at the end of Halo Wars, the SoF escaped a forerunner shield world that housed an entire fleet of forerunner warships, well SoF made sure it couldn’t fall into enemy hands by causing it’s sun to go supernova which obliterated the Shield world. This is where it gets interesting… What if at the end of a Spops season 2 or whatever we recover the other half of the janus key; infinity then gets sent to investigate one of these installations which just happens to be the location of the former shield world. When they exit slipspace they find nothing but rubble. A few moments later the pick up a beacon, and <mark>are dumbstruck to find out that the UNSC beacon</mark> is coming from the Spirit of Fire which is Thought to have been lost with all hands. Then they recover the SoF and her crew by bringing a brand new slipspace drive and recovering 3 Spartan II’s which would be pretty cool lol. Sorry for any grammar errors but I’m not trying to write a novel here, anyways yeah… I’ve always been interested in the fate of the Sof. Especially since Oni tried to cover something up about the SoF. So yeah, feel free to say what you think about my idea and your more than welcome to expand on this.

Infinity seems to be good at that.

Good theory though

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
>
>
> *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
>
>
>
>
>
> > My ignorant opinion is non-canon.
>
>
>

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

This forum is so sugar coated that it’s surprising we all don’t have diabetes from posting on it.

> If the Janus Key shows the real-time location of all Forerunner tech and the SoF destroyed that Forerunner shield world, then the Janus Key wouldn’t reveal that location since there is nothing left.
>
> I think the SoF is just going to be another Halo-canon string that never gets tied into the story again. It would be nice to be wrong, but I’m certainly not expecting to see them again.

It wouldn’t make sense for the Forerunners to simple unacknowledged the destroyed facilities. They’d probably do something like, put a big red X where the facilities would be if they still existed.

Also for the other guy’s comment, Halo Wars is canon.

May I ask what made you believe Halo Wars wasn’t canon?

LOLWUT.

On-topic…I like to believe the ship on Exile is the SoF ha ha.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Obviously you’re only saying that because not only are you ignorant, but you probably didn’t even play the game because of it’s graphics.

There are no credible sources that state that ANY Halo based lore is non-canon. And how do you think 343 would succeed in saying that a game that we’ve all played suddenly never existed? Clearly they would sound like morons and would have even more trouble getting the point across to everyone.

Halo Wars is canon as of now. Why else would there be a Cyclops v2 on Adrift and a Dropper on Outcast? Many of the vehicles form halo Wars are used in Halo 4.

> > If the Janus Key shows the real-time location of all Forerunner tech and the SoF destroyed that Forerunner shield world, then the Janus Key wouldn’t reveal that location since there is nothing left.
> >
> > I think the SoF is just going to be another Halo-canon string that never gets tied into the story again. It would be nice to be wrong, but I’m certainly not expecting to see them again.
>
> It wouldn’t make sense for the Forerunners to simple unacknowledged the destroyed facilities. They’d probably do something like, put a <mark>big red X</mark> where the facilities would be if they still existed.
>
> Also for the other guy’s comment, Halo Wars is canon.

So many comments come to mind… lolz

Anyway, even if it did show the location of a destroyed shield world I doubt anyone would go check it out - certainly not anytime soon.

> > Halo Wars is non-canon.
>
> LOLWUT.
>
> On-topic…I like to believe the ship on Exile is the SoF ha ha.

Okay,

But Exile is made up out of the crash site of the UNSC Diadochi. So it can’t be the SoF.