I loved Fighfight and Spartan ops

I know warzone was suppose to replace these mode but it plainly does not. Firefight and spartan ops let you play online with friend and kinda go into auto pilot. You can’t do that in warzone. I just want to kill the AI and not deal with other players. That is what was great about Firefight and spartan ops. You could play with friend or by yourself. The campain just doesn’t cut it. So I would love it if something like a combination of firefight and spartan ops. Anyone think so too?

Maybe both but not combined.

It would be nice to have either firefight or spartan ops.
I, myself would prefer firefight.

I’d say Spartan Ops with weekly cut scenes featuring our custom Spartans would be nice.
but for replay value firefight with Halo Reach customization options, hands down.

> 2533274809110531;4:
> I’d say Spartan Ops with weekly cut scenes featuring our custom Spartans would be nice.
> but for replay value firefight with Halo Reach customization options, hands down.

> 2535455681930574;2:
> Maybe both but not combined.

I think they could be combined.

Spartan Ops with weekly cut-scenes, but then in the same menu have a bunch of customization options. So if you just launched the Spartan Ops mission, it would be “vanilla”, ala Halo 4.

Finishing a playthrough of the Vanilla version the way the developers wanted it to to be played would unlock a bunch of customization options which would allow you to configure it to play like firefight, with all the options from ODST and Reach, with a couple presets such as “Classic ODST”, “Reach Arcade”, etc.

I never understood why they didn’t put a customization option in Halo 4 Spartan Ops to enable limited life pool, medals, scoring, skulls, waves, enemies, weapons, etc. I’d still be playing it if they’d done that. As it was, I played each mission once or twice and then never went back.

Unfortunately I think 343 has written off the Spartan Ops concept due to negative feedback. Which is sad, because the concept itself was great, it was just the implementation that was the issue (the stripping out of all the options that made Firefight so much fun with replay value). The unlimited life pool was the biggest issue, but the lack of things like medals, scoring, skulls, were also major contributors to lack of replay value.

My great hope for the future of firefight is that they introduce an AI palette into forge so that I can essentially create my own firefight missions on my own maps. This seems like the minimum investment in time for them, and the maximum amount of investment from the player who gets to forge his own maps and then play them as PvE to his heart’s content. How is that not a win for everyone???

One simple solution, not the best, is to take the warzone maps and increase AI spawns drastically. Then make some objectives like hold Garage against 5 waves of enemies, next take out this patrole leader, take the armory that is guarded by x amound of enemies, defent armory etc…

Most of that stuff is already in the game. And to please the community they can optimize and build on that with dedicated maps etc…

idk how many of you all ever played the pre gen 1 transformers games(War for Cybertron, Fall of cybertron), but its escalation mode, is to cap sections of the maps while dealing with waves of mobs until bosses show up…
Warzone meets firefight with the req system…

just a thought… Though I did enjoy Spartan ops too.

I think 343i should just add in Firefight, but also include a Firefight variant that implements the REQ system. Spartan Ops could have been much better if the mechanics from Firefight were put in there (waves, lives, etc).

> 2533274807684791;8:
> idk how many of you all ever played the pre gen 1 transformers games(War for Cybertron, Fall of cybertron), but its escalation mode, is to cap sections of the maps while dealing with waves of mobs until bosses show up…
> Warzone meets firefight with the req system…
>
> just a thought… Though I did enjoy Spartan ops too.

This would be cool.

All the Warzone maps have the potential to be set up as Firefight maps, I would be ok with this or the above suggestion. Another Spartan Ops doesn’t seem likely. Hopefully in an update soon we’ll get some worthwhile form of PVE.

They are most likely working on a wave based warzone with a pve only element. But if they were to ask the community right now which i would prefer, I would take both reasons being that halo 5 is bare bones when it comes to content. I dont think the game in its current state is worth all the money people have put in to it. With game and req sales alone i think we deserve more.

> 2533274873843883;6:
> My great hope for the future of firefight is that they introduce an AI palette into forge so that I can essentially create my own firefight missions on my own maps. This seems like the minimum investment in time for them, and the maximum amount of investment from the player who gets to forge his own maps and then play them as PvE to his heart’s content. How is that not a win for everyone???

This.

> 2533274873843883;6:
> My great hope for the future of firefight is that they introduce an AI palette into forge so that I can essentially create my own firefight missions on my own maps. This seems like the minimum investment in time for them, and the maximum amount of investment from the player who gets to forge his own maps and then play them as PvE to his heart’s content. How is that not a win for everyone???

This right here

Firefight and Spartan ops were well received so y they took them out idk

I just looked up to see I had the same idea as someone else.

> 2535463972917793;14:
> Firefight and Spartan ops were well received so y they took them out idk

Spartan Ops wasn’t really received well…

Spartan Ops was a failed attempt at a lazy man’s Firefight, in my opinion.