I LOVE THIS GAME

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME YAYAHHA

Love the energy… but what are you talking about? I assume you mean you are excited about Infinite, but how can you love a game that hasn’t released yet? So if not Infinite, then what other game are you referring to?

> 2535436358049481;1:
> I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME YAYAHHA

Do it up my brother!

ugghh.

this is the new generation of gamers.

paying for games that dont even exist. buying any game with a AAA franchise slapped on the cover.

you guys will all buy infinite day 1 regardless of how good it is, so please tell me, what incentive does anybody even have to make infinite a good game???

it will be mediocre just like everything else 343 has released.

> 2535435902217648;2:
> Love the energy… but what are you talking about? I assume you mean you are excited about Infinite, but how can you love a game that hasn’t released yet? So if not Infinite, then what other game are you referring to?

Clearly he just got back from having snuck into 343i’s offices to play the game while they weren’t looking.

Being excited is reasonable…but I don’t think 343 has really earned the “Day 1, AAA guaranteed TAKE MY MONEY” badge of approval yet. If we were discussing Naughty Dog…that’s a different story.

I’m quite excited for Infinite. Halo is arguably the most important gaming franchise in my life and Halo:CE and 2 LAN parties are some of my best gaming memories. But 4 and 5 had serious issues and are at least partially responsible for the relative decline in stature that the Halo IP holds across the general gaming audience. 343 has articulated that it’s at least aware of some of the areas that its previous games went awry and this makes me hopeful that it can rectify some the mistakes with Infinite.

That said, I NEVER go “all in” on a videogame until I’ve actually seen a decent amount of gameplay. We’ve seen literally zero Infinite gameplay which makes me a bit nervous given that it’s releasing later this year. We’ve seen extended gameplay demonstrations for practically every AAA budget game releasing in 2020 (Cyberpunk, Last of Us, Ghosts, Doom, Avengers, FF7 Remake, etc) but not one second of Infinite gameplay.

Hopefully we see something in the not-too-distant future or else I’m concerned that people will be too busy playing the veritable onslaught of other amazing looking titles in 2020 to really notice…

> 2535423661615819;4:
> ugghh.
>
> this is the new generation of gamers.
>
> paying for games that dont even exist. buying any game with a AAA franchise slapped on the cover.
>
> you guys will all buy infinite day 1 regardless of how good it is, so please tell me, what incentive does anybody even have to make infinite a good game???
>
> it will be mediocre just like everything else 343 has released.

Gamers rushing out to by the new big title has always been the case. Don’t act like it’s something new.

He’s just excited halo infinite is coming out guys. Just hope it doesn’t come out wrong like Halo 5, fingers crossed!!!

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2535423661615819;4:
> > ugghh.
> >
> > this is the new generation of gamers.
> >
> > paying for games that dont even exist. buying any game with a AAA franchise slapped on the cover.
> >
> > you guys will all buy infinite day 1 regardless of how good it is, so please tell me, what incentive does anybody even have to make infinite a good game???
> >
> > it will be mediocre just like everything else 343 has released.
>
> Gamers rushing out to by the new big title has always been the case. Don’t act like it’s something new.

I love you doc, you always be slappin people with truth.

to the OP. I’m hyped for infinite, it’s been a long dry time since a major halo title came out and it releases this year and we still have next to no info on it. Atleast halo 5 had the marketing (although the story didn’t live up) we had plenty of teases about halo 5 around this time in development. I’m not worried for 343i. They’ll show it when they’re ready and when Microsoft permits. I speculate the reason we haven’t seen infinite yet is because it’s Microsoft’s marketing chip for this generations release. I’m sure 343i is having a hard time staying so quiet about their project that they’ve had the last 4 years to develop. That’s a lot of time to be quiet👀

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2535423661615819;4:
> > ugghh.
> >
> > this is the new generation of gamers.
> >
> > paying for games that dont even exist. buying any game with a AAA franchise slapped on the cover.
> >
> > you guys will all buy infinite day 1 regardless of how good it is, so please tell me, what incentive does anybody even have to make infinite a good game???
> >
> > it will be mediocre just like everything else 343 has released.
>
> Gamers rushing out to by the new big title has always been the case. Don’t act like it’s something new.

It is new. You guys clearly havent been around for long. People never used to preorder games. Games were sold based on word of mouth and reviews. Yeah sometimes there was hype but it was always warranted, from a high quality developer.

Now days anything that has money behind it, is guaranteed to be a financial success.

> 2535423661615819;10:
> > 2533274812652989;7:
> > > 2535423661615819;4:
> > > ugghh.
> > >
> > > this is the new generation of gamers.
> > >
> > > paying for games that dont even exist. buying any game with a AAA franchise slapped on the cover.
> > >
> > > you guys will all buy infinite day 1 regardless of how good it is, so please tell me, what incentive does anybody even have to make infinite a good game???
> > >
> > > it will be mediocre just like everything else 343 has released.
> >
> > Gamers rushing out to by the new big title has always been the case. Don’t act like it’s something new.
>
> It is new. You guys clearly havent been around for long. People never used to preorder games. Games were sold based on word of mouth and reviews. Yeah sometimes there was hype but it was always warranted, from a high quality developer.
>
> Now days anything that has money behind it, is guaranteed to be a financial success.

No , it’s not new. People have been pre-ordering since the late 80’s. What is new is the proliferation of digital markets that all but eliminate the need to pre-order. There will never again be a shortage of copies at your favorite game store. I don’t understand why you would give money to a company based solely on what they are telling you. At least wait for previews , by then you have some idea what the game actually is. As it stands you can’t trust the marketing from more than a handful of companies , and those are suspect from time to time.
Also , it is not the marketing campaigns or budgets that ensure most games are a financial success (although it certainly helps). It is in fact the virtual market. When a third of your budget isn’t being spent to print copies and print instruction booklets or game cases , it cuts down dramatically on what you need to sell to become “financially successful”.

To make my point as to the longevity of pre-ordering , I pre-ordered Ocarina of Time because Zelda titles had a tendency to sell out quickly and not be replenished for weeks , or be sold out the day a new shipment arrived. Also in 2004 , had I known it would take six months to find a copy on shelves , I would definitely have pre-ordered Halo 2.

> 2533274847627340;11:
> > 2535423661615819;10:
> > > 2533274812652989;7:
> > > > 2535423661615819;4:
> > > > ugghh.
> > > >
> > > > this is the new generation of gamers.
> > > >
> > > > paying for games that dont even exist. buying any game with a AAA franchise slapped on the cover.
> > > >
> > > > you guys will all buy infinite day 1 regardless of how good it is, so please tell me, what incentive does anybody even have to make infinite a good game???
> > > >
> > > > it will be mediocre just like everything else 343 has released.
> > >
> > > Gamers rushing out to by the new big title has always been the case. Don’t act like it’s something new.
> >
> > It is new. You guys clearly havent been around for long. People never used to preorder games. Games were sold based on word of mouth and reviews. Yeah sometimes there was hype but it was always warranted, from a high quality developer.
> >
> > Now days anything that has money behind it, is guaranteed to be a financial success.
>
> No , it’s not new. People have been pre-ordering since the late 80’s. What is new is the proliferation of digital markets that all but eliminate the need to pre-order. There will never again be a shortage of copies at your favorite game store. I don’t understand why you would give money to a company based solely on what they are telling you. At least wait for previews , by then you have some idea what the game actually is. As it stands you can’t trust the marketing from more than a handful of companies , and those are suspect from time to time.
> Also , it is not the marketing campaigns or budgets that ensure most games are a financial success (although it certainly helps). It is in fact the virtual market. When a third of your budget isn’t being spent to print copies and print instruction booklets or game cases , it cuts down dramatically on what you need to sell to become “financially successful”.
>
> To make my point as to the longevity of pre-ordering , I pre-ordered Ocarina of Time because Zelda titles had a tendency to sell out quickly and not be replenished for weeks , or be sold out the day a new shipment arrived. Also in 2004 , had I known it would take six months to find a copy on shelves , I would definitely have pre-ordered Halo 2.

Preordering games did not become normal until around the early to mid 2000’s

the majority never preordered games back in the day man. it was most definitely not the norm. I dont know a single person from my past that used to preorder games back then. even after PlayStation came out and video games started going mainstream.

> 2535423661615819;12:
> > 2533274847627340;11:
> > > 2535423661615819;10:
> > > > 2533274812652989;7:
> > > > > 2535423661615819;4:
> > > > > ugghh.
> > > > >
> > > > > this is the new generation of gamers.
> > > > >
> > > > > paying for games that dont even exist. buying any game with a AAA franchise slapped on the cover.
> > > > >
> > > > > you guys will all buy infinite day 1 regardless of how good it is, so please tell me, what incentive does anybody even have to make infinite a good game???
> > > > >
> > > > > it will be mediocre just like everything else 343 has released.
> > > >
> > > > Gamers rushing out to by the new big title has always been the case. Don’t act like it’s something new.
> > >
> > > It is new. You guys clearly havent been around for long. People never used to preorder games. Games were sold based on word of mouth and reviews. Yeah sometimes there was hype but it was always warranted, from a high quality developer.
> > >
> > > Now days anything that has money behind it, is guaranteed to be a financial success.
> >
> > No , it’s not new. People have been pre-ordering since the late 80’s. What is new is the proliferation of digital markets that all but eliminate the need to pre-order. There will never again be a shortage of copies at your favorite game store. I don’t understand why you would give money to a company based solely on what they are telling you. At least wait for previews , by then you have some idea what the game actually is. As it stands you can’t trust the marketing from more than a handful of companies , and those are suspect from time to time.
> > Also , it is not the marketing campaigns or budgets that ensure most games are a financial success (although it certainly helps). It is in fact the virtual market. When a third of your budget isn’t being spent to print copies and print instruction booklets or game cases , it cuts down dramatically on what you need to sell to become “financially successful”.
> >
> > To make my point as to the longevity of pre-ordering , I pre-ordered Ocarina of Time because Zelda titles had a tendency to sell out quickly and not be replenished for weeks , or be sold out the day a new shipment arrived. Also in 2004 , had I known it would take six months to find a copy on shelves , I would definitely have pre-ordered Halo 2.
>
> Preordering games did not become normal until around the early to mid 2000’s
>
> the majority never preordered games back in the day man. it was most definitely not the norm. I dont know a single person from my past that used to preorder games back then. even after PlayStation came out and video games started going mainstream.

Just because you didn’t know them , doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Sorry man, but I was 14 when I pre-ordered my first game , and did it almost religiously for every title I knew would be hard to find after that. I just didn’t expect Halo 2 to go blockbuster the way it did. Also , you didn’t start out by saying “normal” , you started out by saying it was “new” , which it clearly isn’t new. But , I agree that it didn’t become “the norm” until about the time you said.

And I just realized , it wasn’t ocarina , it was link to the past. sorry got them confused for a moment.

you are arguing for the sake of arguing.

you were one of the outliers that preordered big name games.

this was 100% not normal.

preordering every AAA game under the sun is a new thing.

manufactured hype for every single game that comes out is a new thing.

my point is that the industry was different and so are gamers. my point is 100% valid. It isnt the same as it used to be. If your game was a pile of crap than it most likely would not sell very well. Again you can cherry pick exceptions to this all day, but my initial point still stands.

> 2535423661615819;14:
> you are arguing for the sake of arguing.
>
> you were one of the outliers that preordered big name games.
>
> this was 100% not normal.
>
> preordering every AAA game under the sun is a new thing.
>
> manufactured hype for every single game that comes out is a new thing.
>
> my point is that the industry was different and so are gamers. my point is 100% valid. It isnt the same as it used to be. If your game was a pile of crap than it most likely would not sell very well. Again you can cherry pick exceptions to this all day, but my initial point still stands.

I was having a discussion , I’m sorry you saw it as an argument.
I mean , I get we were disagreeing , but does that make it an argument? I hold no ill will towards you.

> 2533274847627340;15:
> > 2535423661615819;14:
> > you are arguing for the sake of arguing.
> >
> > you were one of the outliers that preordered big name games.
> >
> > this was 100% not normal.
> >
> > preordering every AAA game under the sun is a new thing.
> >
> > manufactured hype for every single game that comes out is a new thing.
> >
> > my point is that the industry was different and so are gamers. my point is 100% valid. It isnt the same as it used to be. If your game was a pile of crap than it most likely would not sell very well. Again you can cherry pick exceptions to this all day, but my initial point still stands.
>
> I was having a discussion , I’m sorry you saw it as an argument.

when you respond to someone with “no, its not” you are indeed sparking an argument. A debate would’ve been a better choice of words as there was no ill intent between us. I hope no hard feelings are harbored and I wish you the best bro.

> 2535423661615819;16:
> > 2533274847627340;15:
> > > 2535423661615819;14:
> > > you are arguing for the sake of arguing.
> > >
> > > you were one of the outliers that preordered big name games.
> > >
> > > this was 100% not normal.
> > >
> > > preordering every AAA game under the sun is a new thing.
> > >
> > > manufactured hype for every single game that comes out is a new thing.
> > >
> > > my point is that the industry was different and so are gamers. my point is 100% valid. It isnt the same as it used to be. If your game was a pile of crap than it most likely would not sell very well. Again you can cherry pick exceptions to this all day, but my initial point still stands.
> >
> > I was having a discussion , I’m sorry you saw it as an argument.
>
> when you respond to someone with “no, its not” you are indeed sparking an argument. A debate would’ve been a better choice of words as there was no ill intent between us. I hope no hard feelings are harbored and I wish you the best bro.

My bad , I will try to be more selective with my words in the future.

> 2535423661615819;14:
> you are arguing for the sake of arguing.
>
> you were one of the outliers that preordered big name games.
>
> this was 100% not normal.
>
> preordering every AAA game under the sun is a new thing.
>
> manufactured hype for every single game that comes out is a new thing.
>
> my point is that the industry was different and so are gamers. my point is 100% valid. It isnt the same as it used to be. If your game was a pile of crap than it most likely would not sell very well. Again you can cherry pick exceptions to this all day, but my initial point still stands.

I actually pre order less these days than I used to. When I bought my older consoles like PS, GameCube, Snes I pre ordered more because they sold out on day one on a regular basis. Nowadays it’s not an issue because of the availability of digital versions.

So this topic managed to take quite a sharp turn in a short time. Feel free to start a new one in GD if you want to discuss game pre-ordering