I love the gameplay of Halo 5

I hope they don’t change it much in infinite just polish it

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Hi

I definitely enjoy it, hopefully they can build from it

All I want to return from Halo 5 is Clamber, Sprint & Slide, the others is what I don’t like about Halo 5’s gameplay imo

I’m not a fan of the gameplay at all, I prefer the classic movement, Halo 1-3.

I like halo 5’s gameplay but spartan charge and ground pound aren’t necessary. Whenever I jump on MCC I find it too slow now.

I think it’s got it’s downs but by itself I enjoy the gameplay.

Other than Spartan Charge I love it as well.

> 2535450479150563;6:
> I like halo 5’s gameplay but spartan charge and ground pound aren’t necessary. Whenever I jump on MCC I find it too slow now.

I find after a couple of minutes I’ve adjusted to the slightly slower mcc classic formula , frankly I don’t find myself saying I wish I had x Armor ability at my disposal , but conversely when I switch back I don’t find it off putting having the AAs at my disposal either . I suppose I can appreciate and enjoy both formulas which is kind of cool .

Spartan charge must die and be replaced by a front kick to the gut that sends the person flying backwards :smiling_imp:

I’ve been playing since CE, none of the abilities bother me at all. Actually I rather have grown to like them. I look at it like this, especially the Spartan Charge: Do unto others as you wouldn’t have them do unto you… lol.

I would miss sprint and clamber for sure. The rest I could do with out. Basically HCS rules would be great.

If they remove Spartan Charge, would they need to dial back some of the Weapon Damage? They’ll have people who get a Sword or Hammer that just wreck shop the entire game.

If they remove Spartan Charge, should they keep it as a dash feature? Then you would be trading chargers for assassinations.

Just some thoughts.

> 2535447371726695;13:
> …
> Just some thoughts.

Personally, I think the concept of the Spartan Charge is actually pretty good. I feel it could be brought back if it gets refined, but the number one thing that needs to be modified is its effectiveness. It can’t be made as easy to abuse it which means aspects need to be toned down which simultaneously should help increase its risk/reward component too. The Ground Pound mechanic is fairly well balanced in this regard, but it could also probably use a little more risk tied to its use too.

Some of the things relating to the Spartan Charge’s effectiveness and its risk vs reward that I’d like to see modified:

• Add impact damage; meaning, that the player performing the Spartan Charge risks causing some damage to themselves when they strike another player or a structure. Not exactly sure what the appropriate amount should be, but given that I will also be recommending a reduction to the max damage dealt I’ll pick a general max impact damage in reference to the max damage dealt that I’m recommending. I’m thinking somewhere between 12% to 25% of the charger’s shields should get stripped. At least it might be a good starting spot to try out. I also wouldn’t mind seeing the Ground Pound mechanic cause some impact damage to the user too once they strike another player or a surface. This directly increases the risk in choosing to use the ability. - Reduce the max damage that the Spartan Charge can deal. Currently it will remove 100% of a player’s shield & about 55% of their health. A regular melee removes 100% of a player’s shield while leaving all of their health intact. So, perhaps the Spartan Charge should be somewhere in between removing 100% of a player’s shield & about 25% to 33% of their health. This would mean that a player could absorb a little more follow-up damage before dying verses what they’re faced with now. This directly reduces its effectiveness. - Make the damage variable based on where within the range the impact occurred. In other words, if a player was impacted within an initial 4.9 meters (or 1.6 world units) of the Spartan Charge being initiated the full damage and impact damage would be dealt, but if the impact occurred outside that range then something less would be dealt. At the furthest range the minimal amount of damage dealt would basically equate to a regular melee lung, damage wise, with essentially no impact damage. This raises the skill level associated with the ability in that now it would require some mechanic timing in order to get the most out of it. - Reduce the range of the Spartan Charge. Currently, it has about a 10 meter (or 3.3 world unit) range which is over double the 4.9 meter (or 1.6 world unit) range of the regular melee lunge. Perhaps something closer to 1.5x or between that and 1.75x the regular melee lunge. At 1.5x the regular melee lunge it would get dropped to being 7.3 meters (or 2.4 world units). Basically, this would reduce the range of the visual brackets turning red which indicates you can connect on a Spartan Charge. This directly reduces its effectiveness. - Reduce the amount of aim assist granted to the Spartan Charge. Whatever the amount of magnetism is currently just reduce it such that it feels less like it’ll automatically locked-onto a target. This may also require modifying the visual bracket indicators to something smaller; perhaps, going back to how it existed in the Beta. This will obviously increase the skill level around its use. - Make it so that using the Spartan Charge drains the use of the Thruster Pack’s Boost feature; therefore, requiring the approximate 4 second cool-down period before a player can use their Boost or re-enact another Spartan Charge. Absent having access to the Spartan Charge feature during a cool-down period players would then only have their regular melee animation and its range from their sprint. Basically, the same as if the Spartan Charge mechanic were just turned off. Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Ground Pound mechanic also get tied into the cool-down component of the Thruster Pack such that it too couldn’t be enacted if the boost feature wasn’t available due to being in a cool-down state. This directly increases the risk in choosing to use the ability.It’d be great to see these types of changes come in a future update to Halo 5 when the game receives a much needed overhaul sometime after the MCC is fully updated.

> 2535447371726695;13:
> If they remove Spartan Charge, would they need to dial back some of the Weapon Damage? They’ll have people who get a Sword or Hammer that just wreck shop the entire game.
>
> If they remove Spartan Charge, should they keep it as a dash feature? Then you would be trading chargers for assassinations.
>
> Just some thoughts.

How is SC related to swords and hammers? It isn’t really an effective counter to either.

Currently, SC with an AR spraydown (especially after the tuning) is insanely effective and I always feel cheated when I get killed by it. Thrusting away is not an effective counter due to the incredible amount of magnetism it has.

> 2535431933064458;15:
> > 2535447371726695;13:
> > If they remove Spartan Charge, would they need to dial back some of the Weapon Damage? They’ll have people who get a Sword or Hammer that just wreck shop the entire game.
> >
> > If they remove Spartan Charge, should they keep it as a dash feature? Then you would be trading chargers for assassinations.
> >
> > Just some thoughts.
>
> How is SC related to swords and hammers? It isn’t really an effective counter to either.
>
> Currently, SC with an AR spraydown (especially after the tuning) is insanely effective and I always feel cheated when I get killed by it. Thrusting away is not an effective counter due to the incredible amount of magnetism it has.

When a sword or Hammer carrier is in your spawn, you spawn then charge them or catch them coming off a corner.