I love the DMR

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Just saying… There seems to be a lot of hating on this weapon.
I also love the BR, AR, SPR and the LR.

343 - LEAVE THEM THE F*CK ALONE.
ok reduce the bloom on the SPR :slight_smile:

The last thing we need is H4 to lean even further towards H3 than it already does, players need to get over the fact that a weapon from Reach out performs the precious BR at range.
Learn to adjust to a new game, DMR is powerful? Then fcking use it!!!
Remember theres no AL, the grenades are weak as f
ck… This isnt Reach so its not like you’re being hypocritical by using this weapon, you’re not breaking any ‘I hate Reach’ philosophy you once aspired to.

yea.

If the BR was the overpowered weapon people would complain just as much.

They aren’t complaining that the BR is no longer the best weapon, they are complaining that the balance in this game is horrible.

Why would you NOT make the weapons balanced with each other? What logic is there in that?

It makes the game less competitive and it ruins weapon variety.

“Learn to adjust”, everyone already has. They just don’t want to have to use a single weapon for the game’s entire lifespan.

I love the DMR too. Doesn’t mean I don’t acknowledge that it is broken. The Carbine, BR, and LR are all balanced. Just create a Custom where those are the only options and that’ll prove it right there. The DMR is the only problem weapon in the set of primaries.

Also, the Suppressor doesn’t need less bloom. It does tons of damage, with less bloom it would completely annihilate the AR, SR, and Carbine.

If the BR was OP and not the DMR, you would be crying out for a nerf (just as you did during Halo 3). Now the DMR needs a nerf, but you are fine the way it is simply because it’s not the BR? Hypocritical. All of the other weapons are fine, it’s just the DMR that needs a slight nerf.

If everyone complains that DMR is OP it’s only becouse it forces you to use it, as it beats all the other weapons. Why should you play with the BR or the Light Rifle when the DMR kills you faster and from every range?

This game is like halo 3?! Please! I love the DMR, absolutely love it, but come on with the amount of aim assist, bullet magnetism, and the ease of use at long range makes it OP. I wouldn’t say nerf damage or RoF, but make it harder to use at long range. Make it fire projectile which means you have lead your shots making it harder to use at range. As of now you can’t move on big maps without getting your sheilds raped by a DMR see Ragnarok.

OP tried to talk about bias earlier, and again in this post.

How amusingly hypocritical.

“I wouldn’t say nerf damage or RoF, but make it harder to use at long range”.

It outguns the BR, which is part of why it needs Damage or RoF nerfed. That would also help at long range.

> If the BR was OP and not the DMR, you would be crying out for a nerf (just as you did during Halo 3). Now the DMR needs a nerf, but you are fine the way it is simply because it’s not the BR? Hypocritical. All of the other weapons are fine, it’s just the DMR that needs a slight nerf.

I didnt do much H3 MM.
I’ve just posted in another thread about this too, the BR is on two of my loadouts the DMR is on one - my ‘big map’ loadout and when I get DMR master it will be switched for the LR.
Its a no brainer really… big map = DMR

The DMR is fine as it is. imo

Also, in Halo 3, even though the BR was the dominant weapon, it did not have the cross-mapping capabilities that the DMR has. Also, it wasn’t hit-scan, so you had to work harder to land your shots, especially on a map like SandTrap. The DMR is a longer-ranged, better aim-assisted, hit-scan version of the BR from Halo 3.

> > If the BR was OP and not the DMR, you would be crying out for a nerf (just as you did during Halo 3). Now the DMR needs a nerf, but you are fine the way it is simply because it’s not the BR? Hypocritical. All of the other weapons are fine, it’s just the DMR that needs a slight nerf.
>
> I didnt do much H3 MM.
> I’ve just posted in another thread about this too, the BR is on two of my loadouts the DMR is on one - my ‘big map’ loadout and when I get DMR master it will be switched for the LR.
> Its a no brainer really… big map = DMR
>
> The DMR is fine as it is. imo

So? Just because you use it in one loadout doesn’t mean anything. All of my friends use the DMR, but they’ll freely admit that it’s because they feel that it’s the most OP precision weapon compared to the others. And they don’t even come to these forums! Also, the fact that you said that the Light Rifle is just another version of the DMR in the last thread makes me think that you have every little idea of what you are talking about.

> Also, in Halo 3, even though the BR was the dominant weapon, it did not have the cross-mapping capabilities that the DMR has. Also, it wasn’t hit-scan, so you had to work harder to land your shots, especially one a map like SandTrap. The DMR is a longer-ranged, hit-scan version of the BR from Halo 3.

You forgot to mention random spread making it almost impossible to hit long range, but what you said is exactly what makes the DMR OP along with a lot of aim assist and bullet magnetism

> Also, the Suppressor doesn’t need less bloom. It does tons of damage, with less bloom it would completely annihilate the AR, SR, and Carbine.

So your opinion on the DMR is right and my opinion on the SPR is wrong?

Well I can see where everyone is going wrong… They’re posting opinions!

Imagine that.

> > Also, the Suppressor doesn’t need less bloom. It does tons of damage, with less bloom it would completely annihilate the AR, SR, and Carbine.
>
> So your opinion on the DMR is right and my opinion on the SPR is wrong?
>
> Well I can see where everyone is going wrong… They’re posting opinions!
>
> Imagine that.

Dude, I raped with the Suppressor in one game of CTF we played on Abandon. It has an extremely fast rate of fire, and when you use it in CQC, it tends to kill very quickly. Doubly so if you are combining with a melee. If it had less bloom, it would be OP as hell in CQC. It has draw-backs, which makes it balanced.

And so are you…In the end of the day, all we’re doing is posting our opinions and seeing if people agree with them. Hopefully 343 takes the most popular opinion and does something with it.

Yes let’s lean away from Halo 3. It’s not like that game was the best performing Halo title. Oh. Wait.

The BR in Halo 3 actually took a fair amount of skill, especially in a game with NO lag what’s so ever. The BR in Halo 3 also did NOT have the godly range that the DMR has in Halo 4. The BR was never capable of destroying BTB maps, cross mapping with it was so much harder than it is with the DMR.

The DMR has the best of everything, and takes very little skill to master.

-Low Recoil
-Great Ammo count
-Superb at long Range, very good at Short range, capable of beating the BR with little effort.
-High accuracy and precision

And to top it all off with a massive fat Cherry.

Godly amounts of Bullet Magnetism.

Have you tried the DMR with Damage Boost? It’s a 3 shot kill, but retains it’s effectiveness it has in all fields. Easiest Killing Frenzy I have ever achieved.

The DMR is overpowered

Sincerely
-A DMR and BR user.

Both the BR and the DMR are 5sk weapons, yet the DMR fires faster than the BR for no real reason at all. Totally balanced.

Also, place the DMR in Halo 3’s sandbox. That would literally kill everything. And it would turn BTB into a no-man’s land. SandTrap especially. The BR for all of its “OP-ness” at least didn’t destroy BTB. I never have to same feeling in BTB that I did in Halo 3. Ever sense Reach, BTB pretty much devolved into maps becoming no-man’s lands because people can’t move without getting raped from across the map by DMRs. Well, that and the overabundance of Power Weapons from the Infinity Drops, but that’s another issue.

> Well I can see where everyone is going wrong… They’re posting opinions!

Here is a fact for you. The DMR has the fastest kill time of any precision weapon at any range (except for a scoped in LR, but the DMR is easier to use and still has further range).

I love the DMR wilth all of my heart but I won’t turn a blind eye to its dominate power. It needs to have some type of skill to use it. Slow down the rate of fire or give it REAL bloom. Not the the illusional bloom it has right now.

“Here is a fact for you. The DMR has the fastest kill time of any precision weapon at any range (except for a scoped in LR, but the DMR is easier to use and still has further range)”.

If the DMR has greater range than the BR, that makes limited sense, but you are, to my knowledge, incorrect about the DMR, as the Carbine also beats it.

The DMR is obviously the superior weapon, but the Carbine kills quicker unless I’m mistaken.