I love single wield SMGs

I love the SMG. I love it in single wield. I do not find it underpowered or useless. I don’t like the AR. I need a SMG, or something similar, as a secondary weapon on my loadout. If there has been a final decision that there won’t be a SMG, or a suitable replacement, can I please get a confirmation on this? Otherwise, I hope the wait isn’t long for news. I’m sorry, but I really love the single wield SMG, and I’m tired of wondering if it’ll be in H4 or not. I just want to know for sure.

[deleted]

SMG out.

SMG is out but I think the storm rifle could fill in the SMG role. Not sure though.

Yeah, theLMG is the next best thing. It’s good enough, in a way it’s better, but the load-out is the problem. I still have a need to fill there.

Does anyone have confirmation that the SMG isn’t in Halo 4? I’d love to see it.

> Does anyone have confirmation that the SMG isn’t in Halo 4? I’d love to see it.

The Halo 4 UNSC Weapons video revealed all the UNSC weapons I believe, and there was a severe lack of SMGness :frowning:

> Does anyone have confirmation that the SMG isn’t in Halo 4? I’d love to see it.

The SMG lives on in the Saw, I saw its potential.

Haha, I loved using the SMG in halo 3. It was actually a very useful weapon, good for taking people out in a regenerator because of how fast it fired. It was also surprisingly effective on its own, unlike many of the other dual wieldable weapons. The plasma rifle SMG combo still reigned supreme as well, it’s unfortunate to see that it dwindled so much in it’s use.

How do you know it’s out? Do you have a link? Sorry, but I need to know that you have actual information. I can assume the worst from the lack of info myself, I don’t need other people for that, you know?

> How do you know it’s out? Do you have a link? Sorry, but I need to know that you have actual information. I can assume the worst from the lack of info myself, I don’t need other people for that, you know?

The smg is dead. It wasn’t included when 343i revealed the unsc weapons video which showcased all the unsc weapons in halo 4. I think the SAW has effectively replaced it permanently. Although for all smg lovers, dont worry, the smg will have one last hooray in halo 2 anniversary(it’s going to happen, no question).

I think the SMG would have been cool as a secondary option but sadly it’s not in the game.

I don’t know that the vid necessarily shows the full final list. Can anyone provide a link to where 343i said that the UNSC weapon vid has ALL UNSC weapons that will ever be announced? I need to eliminate all assumptions from your answers.

I’m pretty sure that they said it wasn’t the final full list. Anyone have more info?

> > How do you know it’s out? Do you have a link? Sorry, but I need to know that you have actual information. I can assume the worst from the lack of info myself, I don’t need other people for that, you know?
>
> The smg is dead. It wasn’t included when 343i revealed the unsc weapons video which showcased all the unsc weapons in halo 4. I think the SAW has effectively replaced it permanently. Although for all smg lovers, dont worry, the smg will have one last hooray in halo 2 anniversary(it’s going to happen, no question).

As far as the SMG appearing in the inevitable H2 Anniversary, it should, but how? If they do it the same as CEA, in this case multiplayer built on the H4 engine, how will they recreate the H2 SMG if there isn’t a SMG in 4? InCEA, they modified the existing Reach pistol to work like the CE pistol.

We know 343i are already planning ahead for years to come with the new trilogy and all, and Microsoft have said that they are going to continue making spin-offs like CEA and ODST between numbered titles. So it seems out of character for 343i to not make a SMG, when they know they will need it later. But there hasn’t been a word about SMGs in H4. So are they doing H2A completely differently than H:CEA, completely changing their MO by making a separate updated engine? Either way, it doesn’t make sense to me.

No! I will not let this thread die!

I’m sick of every thread I participate in having a sudden radio silence before it gets very far.

Everyone who loves SMGs, even single wielded, say aye.

Dude. We get it. Smg. you. love. etc etc. But it has been more or less confirmed the SMG is out, the LMG/SAW is in.