I love Halo 5!!!

My fellow gamers. I have to be honest, I thought this game was really bad. I was dying constantly, getting killed in the back and rarely made a kill. I couldn’t get used to the new aiming in comparison with halo 4. I hated the use of the pistol and couldn’t get used to the pace of the game as well. I was constantly rushing into things and basically got tea bagged by the opponent. I was on the point of quitting the game. However, I have pushed through and put in a lot of practice hours and I from my last 40 games, my ratio was an average of 1.7. I know, it’s still basic but I’m getting there.

What I find dissapointing is the non-constructive discussions on this forum or on twitch for that matter. I believe that the more skilled players should advocate halo more by giving tips on how to improve your gameplay instead of constantly saying that the skills of the person who is giving criticism is a noob. On the other hand, I believe that there are many trolls, especially on twitch, that are criticising the game without even having played the game. So it comes both ways and I hope gamers will find the love for this game, excluding the flaws that it has. For me, it’s all about gameplay and when you learn to master halo, it is one of the most rewarding games I’ve ever played! So from my side, I’m not going to be negative anymore and just enjoy the experience. Finally, here are some tips from a noob:

• map awareness: try to figure out all the chock/ sneecky points on the map and especially where all the power weapons are placed. Finally, remember all the names of the area and call them out in battles. Look on halo way point for information on the maps in video mode. It helps a lot.

• communication: learn how to communicate. It is important to get support during your battles or when you die so that kills still can be made. Also listen to the AI that calls out enemies in areas.

• weapon use: learn ALL the weapons. I feel that the balance in halo 5 is spot on! You need to practice all the weapons, even the AR if you’re used to the BR. I’m in love with the pistol :slight_smile:

• strafing and leading your shots: strafing has become a thing again. I used to suck at reach and halo 3 and practiced like more than a year with strafing and leading your shots. Look at YouTube for references.

Practice: I cannot stress this enough. Practice, practice, practice! This is not cod! It almost feels like a fighting game to me and that’s why I put in more hours than a regular game I’m playing.

• relax: do NOT get stressed about this game! If you do, just lay down your controller and take a break and look at e.g. videos on YouTube or twitch game play. A) it’s bad for your health and B) it’s not beneficial for your results. I used to get mad about people tea bagging me. And then I was thinking: “those people got tea bagged as well so why I’m a stressing myself?”

Finally, I hope the community will grow and that more people will find the love in this game. Personally, I’m not hoping for more maps now, I’m hoping that I will master every map and that I get even better and that I will get the opportunity to upload stuff myself (-:

Game on lads and if you have tips for me, please, do not hesitate to post them in this thread:-)

I recommend watching pros like liquidninjatb on twitch. They show you the callouts, map placements starts etc. ask and they help.

> 2533274807281898;2:
> I recommend watching pros like liquidninjatb on twitch. They show you the callouts, map placements starts etc. ask and they help.

Thanks I really appreciate the help! Game on!

Not that I disagree with you. But what can the pros REALLY teach you? The map callouts are listed in the bottom left corner of your screen, (They even give you callouts for your own benefit), teaching you where to shoot doesn’t really help you understand how to shoot, knowing how to use a weapon is based on practice, not someone telling you how to do it.

I think that Pros can’t teach you anything you shouldn’t already know, but I DO think that the community can be toxic, so that should change.

> 2533274821977927;4:
> Not that I disagree with you. But what can the pros REALLY teach you? The map callouts are listed in the bottom left corner of your screen, (They even give you callouts for your own benefit), teaching you where to shoot doesn’t really help you understand how to shoot, knowing how to use a weapon is based on practice, not someone telling you how to do it.
>
> I think that Pros can’t teach you anything you shouldn’t already know, but I DO think that the community can be toxic, so that should change.

I believe you have a point but I have looked at pro videos and that they were talking at the same time and giving tips as well. My point is more that a more constructive approach would be more beneficial.