I lost my faith...

Had a couple of horrible games today…

Let’s summerize:

First i’m trying to play Slayer and I had to find out pro settings are implemented… gee. Well that wouldn’t be too bad if there wasn’t horrible lagg and team members which are basically overstrained with movement alone.
So a quit a few (3) games (guess where this is going).

I check my internet. Nothing wrong here (sometimes brother pulls all my internet speed)

Jumping back into the playlist, get matched up with horrible connection again and I quit again (5 games in between).

Finally changing for CTF playlist because I’m really annoyed by the Forge Maps. Just no, I hate those grey bulky maps.

And guess what, I get playlist banned. Nice one 343.

Instead of banning me for dodging games with bad connection or stupid teammates, thouse recources would be better of use to validate hosts, or matching me up with people in my skill range from my region.

Ban deserverd? Perhaps I quit a bit too much this time but honestly, who wouldn’t do so. Matchmaking is horrible broken and should be fixed.

Anyone up for Customs? -.-

Greetings,

Raven

Bungie no longer makes Halo…

I know, just corrected that.

I honestly don’t see the point of a quit ban in Halo 4 with Join In Progress. Nor do I understand why they made it an hour.

I didn’t even know until i got banned.

I constantly see people leaving my games, and now you get banned for whatever reasons.
I’d love to see 2 seperate playlists like they did in Halo 3.

Ranked without JIP but with BAN for leaving

and

Unranked with JIP without BAN for leaving.

Sort out those new additions to Slayer (mean look at pro settings -.-*)

It worked in H3, don’t fix whats broken :frowning: now I need to live through all those bad games… guess the fun is ruined for me… in Slayer at least.

Am I only the one that encounters laggy matches rarely and at about the same frequency as other AAA games?

So i got unbanned…

and i guess im getting banned again for leaving just now again.

Getting matched up vs a team which absolutely destorys my teammates, lagg and people in my team afking.

Why should I consider this a even matchup or stay in the game, while all the enemy team is kill us and not capture the flag?

I lost my faith… again -.-

> I honestly don’t see the point of a quit ban in Halo 4 with Join In Progress. Nor do I understand why they made it an hour.

Agreed. The whole point of the quit ban was to stop people from quitting mid-game, leaving a team with less players. Now that players can be replaced, it seems silly to ban players for something harmless…

Reach had it right for the duration as well. Fifteen minutes gave you time to sit back and wait a bit before going back into the action, but was annoying enough to discourage quitting. Halo 4’s hour-long quit ban is just too much, since nobody is going to sit around for an hour and then start playing again. They’ll probably pop in a different game or just walk away from the Xbox altogether.

> Am I only the one that encounters laggy matches rarely and at about the same frequency as other AAA games?

I quit with MW3 so i can only speak of the series up to then, but COD had the best matchup in any game (mw was bad, but after black ops 1 they nailed it).

In Halo 4 I get into laggy games frequently.
Perhaps you can feel the lagg more, I don’t know but the matchup is a mess.
When the game runs, it runs perfectly fine but lagg destroys the game more then leaver or bad matchups.

If it all comes together, I consider H4 as the worst matchmaking I’ve ever seen.

> Agreed. The whole point of the quit ban was to stop people from quitting mid-game, leaving a team with less players. Now that players can be replaced, it seems silly to ban players for something harmless…

JIP in the beginning was horrible. Joining loosing games is absolutely no fun. Why are the gamers leaving the games in the first place? Bad matchups anyone?

Greetings,

Raven

> So i got unbanned…
>
> and i guess im getting banned again for leaving just now again.
>
> Getting matched up vs a team which absolutely destorys my teammates, lagg and people in my team afking.
>
> Why should I consider this a even matchup or stay in the game, while all the enemy team is kill us and not capture the flag?
>
> I lost my faith… again -.-

Look, I wholeheartedly understand what it is like to be on a team of people who obviously enjoy dieing and not trying. I know what it is like with join in progress fails and it is me and another guy versus the entirety of another team who all seemed to be amazingly skilled. I know what it is like to have the worst luck in the word.

It seems the only difference between you and I is that I try and stick it out until the end of the game. It really REALLY sucks to do that all of the time, but I only leave 1 game on the rare chance that it is unplayable (uber-lag).

TL;DR: Stop leaving games ya ninny.

I did that too more or less until now…

BUT I fail to acknowledge either to stay in such games for the pure reason of not getting banned or leaving and getting banned.

I just want to play the game, no lagg, even matchups.

If nobody complains about the system not being unable to do so, no one will care.
Either way I guess nobody cares anyways…

If you’re fine with that, props to you sir.

But I mystelf won’t accept the state the matchmaking is in. But as you said you encounter such games yourself. It’s not only me, a major part of the cummunity suffers from bad MM.

And with the constant updates (which took ages, like more then half a year) I’m not wondering anymore the playlists getting emptier day after day.

Just letting loose of my frust…

Don’t know what’s happened fairly recently (last month or so) but it’s not my internet and H4 matchmaking is pretty much ruined.

Between the lag and the terrible team balancing it’s really just not worth the frustration of even playing.

Very sad for a longtime online Halo player and all-around Halo fan.

I haven’t played in quite a while (been playing Final Fantasy XIII) but I thought I’d have a couple of games this evening:

First of all I had an issue with the Castle DLC after downloading the most recent update. After that was sorted though I hopped into Matchmaking…

1. New Community Forge playlist

4 v 4 slayer. There was someone on my team with a guest who both got 1 kill each, the guest was running around trying to shoot his friend, they both went -13 and -14 respectively (I think) and then decided to quit when we were 50-30 down. I thought, great, now we might be able to do a bit better. Unfortunately no one else was added into our match via JIP so it remained 4 v 2. It also started to lag slightly with two of the opposing team going red and orange bar and making them hard to hit. Needless to say we lost the game 60-46.

1. Capture the Flag

I joined a game via JIP with our team 4-0 down against a team of 4 players (who all had same emblem and were clearly searching the playlist as a team).
10 seconds later they get the final flag cap… game over.

I may play a bit tomorrow. I hope I have more success.

> Am I only the one that encounters laggy matches rarely and at about the same frequency as other AAA games?

And here I was thinking I was the only one. No I get normal connections generally speaking, I typically have more trouble with other games than Halo 4. I do however have personal internet problems that make my life miserable but that is unrelated

> In Halo 4 I get into laggy games frequently.
> Perhaps you can feel the lagg more, I don’t know but the matchup is a mess.
> When the game runs, it runs perfectly fine but lagg destroys the game more then leaver or bad matchups.
>
> If it all comes together, I consider H4 as the worst matchmaking I’ve ever seen.
>
> JIP in the beginning was horrible. Joining loosing games is absolutely no fun. Why are the gamers leaving the games in the first place? Bad matchups anyone?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Raven

The reasons for quits are Halo 4 has zero options to address this abysmal player location /ping time matching, is continually selecting people whom have new XBoxes as host rather than best connection, has random game selection (I go to BTB and I have zero idea what I am playing Pro or Slayer and the maps selection is just 3 or nothing) and lastly JIP makes it impossible to know if your going to be tossed into a Map or Game type you didn’t vote for.

I get maybe 1 in 10 War Games where I have a good lag free game (+6 or higher on K-D). I get 2 out of 10 where I can play, but I’m lucky if I break even on K-D ratio. The other 70% of the games are just crap where I’m lagged by 1+ seconds.

I gave up playing War Games this week and then tried again on friday night. I checked my ping time across the USA and got 60 - 100 ms ping time to Florida (I’m in western Canada so that’s ~2,300 miles away). I have 38 mbps download and 2.9 mbps upload on my connection to the Xbox.

The game starts, and I am lagged by at least 3 seconds. I was shooting at people whom aren’t even aiming at me - then I’m dead. Had my Auto Turret up, using a DMR I put 8 rounds into a enemies head and he shoots me with one burst from a AR (I have full shields on) and I’m dead. So I quit in the first 30 seconds - what would be the point in continuing?

Some idiot on our team sends me a text message that I’m a Whiny “female dog” for quitting (reported him for that too) - and then sent him a message explaining 4 seconds of Lag doesn’t make for good game play - and the only thign I would be doing is dying - which drags the team down.

So given the above “experience” why would anyone continue playing Halo 4?

And the update on June 3 doesn’t address ANY of these issues, Local Players only choice (yes I realize sitting in the lobby will take longer to find good matches), random Maps and Game types selection, Best Connection only (i.e. as in Reach) and JIP being an user selected option.

The other Games (i.e. Halo 3, Halo Reach, COD II, MW3, Sonic & Sega Racing etc.) I play do not have ANY of these issues with erratic Lag like Halo 4 does.

343 basically “fiddles” at tweaking stuff that doesn’t improve basic online game play, while Halo 4 players say forget it and move on:

http://www.halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all

much the same as Nero fiddled while Rome burns.

Milton

The decline is just shocking…

I found 3 other people from my region and now was able to match up a few games…
A bit of faith was restored…

Hope they start adressing those MM problems or at least implement a proper system for Halo 5.

As much as I like Halo, with the MM as it stands I’ll pass on the next one.

That mostly happens in War games matchmaking for me, but not spartan ops. I get lag like every 1 in 10 games now a days in any war games match.

Just had a game where shooting at someone seemed to have no effect. I could shoot as much as I would, they wont loose shields or anything. Never had this before.
Movement and such was really fluid, so what kind of lagg is this where the enemy team is rendered invulnerable due to my shots not connecting?

Guess I’m done with the game for a while… Matchmaking sucks more then I ever thought nowadays.

> I honestly don’t see the point of a quit ban in Halo 4 with Join In Progress. Nor do I understand why they made it an hour.

What’s even worse is that you get banned for leaving FFA games.

Nope not the only one. I’m playing from the UK at the moment too, so i never pull host. Yes I play laggy games but the VAST majority are ok.

OP what is your internet speed. Do a speed test. Maybe your internet is not suited for online gaming.