I like what 343 is doing with the new Reach maps

If you have watched the recent videos of Damnation and Battle Canyon flythroughs, 343i is accommodating both hardcore “keep Halo, Halo” fans as well as people who wouldnt mind some change.

Keep it up 343!

I know, I’m really loving what they’re doing to pull off both Classic and Reach variants of the maps. Very cool, and serves both kinds of players!

I like it they haven’t just slapped the Classic Maps into Reach’s core gameplay, they changed the map up a little.

e.g. Damnation got an extra walkway added so you wouldn’t have to jump and the map variant is called Penance in Vanilla Reach.

Beaver’s Creek got new tunnels in Vanilla Reach too.

They really did think it through :slight_smile:

I also think those little tunnels behind the power ups on Battle Canyon, lifts to the top of the base and teleporter hallways will provide some interesting gameplay tactics…

Certain Affinity (they work on MP) did a great job with the maps. The color palette goesgreat ( everything looks so ‘juicy’) with the atmosphere andthe slight addiotins go great without compromising the classic feel to the original maps. I can’t wait to see Timberlands though, it just might be my next favorite map ( Tank is back, baby!). I love that they’re catering to both audiences though, you get to try some new things while you get to stick you your favorite version!

Great job Certain Affinity (you too Team saber)

If you watch the damnation gameplay, skip to 4:16

and you’ll see a bloomless DMR in action!

sorry, i just saw it first hand for the first time, totally unrelated

> If you watch the damnation gameplay, skip to 4:16
>
> and you’ll see a bloomless DMR in action!
>
> sorry, i just saw it first hand for the first time, totally unrelated

:slight_smile: It will be optional for Custom Games if you didn’t know already, more information @Halo Fest.

> > If you watch the damnation gameplay, skip to 4:16
> >
> > and you’ll see a bloomless DMR in action!
> >
> > sorry, i just saw it first hand for the first time, totally unrelated
>
> :slight_smile: It will be optional for Custom Games if you didn’t know already, more information @Halo Fest.

haha yeh you mentioned it in the other thread about bloom

Although i am very curious to see how a bloomless DMR will affect all of matchmaking

> > > If you watch the damnation gameplay, skip to 4:16
> > >
> > > and you’ll see a bloomless DMR in action!
> > >
> > > sorry, i just saw it first hand for the first time, totally unrelated
> >
> > :slight_smile: It will be optional for Custom Games if you didn’t know already, more information @Halo Fest.
>
> haha yeh you mentioned it in the other thread about bloom
>
> Although i am very curious to see how a bloomless DMR will affect all of matchmaking

It will speed gameplay up which may sound like a good thing if it has a playlist in Matchmaking but the cR Payout would be low due to the games not lasting as long.

Heck, they would need to change the cR Payouts for that one playlist.