...I like ribbons in my hair.

As many of you know, BS Angel closed the Halo Bulletin(7/6/11) with a “P.S.”, saying that she “liked ribbons in her hair.” Now, at first I thought she was just adding some random closing to her bulletin to add one final laugh. However, I seemed to remember hearing that somewhere, I just couldn’t put my finger on it. I went searching…but found nothing, so I dropped it.

Over this past weekend. I got this sudden urge to watch my favorite guys from Blood Gulch go through their crazy shenanigans. (Red vs. Blue for those of you, unsure of what I’m talking about.) I finally arrived at this (Skip to about the 3:00 minute mark.) episode and I found the quote coming from Grif, when he was being forced to surrender his self esteem. Now, with all this talk of a TU, I am speculating that the quote used in the Halo Bulletin, was BS Angel’s way of hinting at the addition of new firefight voices. More specifically the voices of the Red vs. Blue cast. What do you think?

I would love that. I think I’m still using the default.

Or MC. Can’t remember.

> I would love that. I think I’m still using the default.
>
> Or MC. Can’t remember.

I would love it too. I need some more variety. Plus, they would add some humor to the firefight side of Reach.

I thought this was a troll topic at first based on the title :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, back OT, maybe it just means RvB will be going over the changes coming in the TU?

I got the reference right away, but no, I don’t think she was hinting at new FF voices.

> I thought this was a troll topic at first based on the title :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Anyways, back OT, maybe it just means RvB will be going over the changes coming in the TU?

No trolls here. :stuck_out_tongue: That is possible that they are only announcing the changes, but why use that quote? I mean, “I like ribbons in my hair” seems like it could be something Grif could say when he is dying or defeated, just like he did in that episode of Rvb.

@Guywiired: Why else would she use a quote from a Red vs Blue episode that aired back in 2004? I can’t think of any other reason.

> @Guywiired: Why else would she use a quote from a Red vs Blue episode that aired back in 2004? I can’t think of any other reason.

Because she’s a girl, and she loves to use obscure Halo related quotes to remind us of that.

It’s entertaining, that’s all!

> > @Guywiired: Why else would she use a quote from a Red vs Blue episode that aired back in 2004? I can’t think of any other reason.
>
> Because she’s a girl, and she loves to use obscure Halo related quotes to remind us of that.
>
> It’s entertaining, that’s all!

Good point, that makes sense. However, I’m still hoping that it was hinting at some firefight voice love. Either way, I’m happy I came across the reference.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of RvB FF voices, but I don’t think her comment was enough for me to hang my hopes on, maybe in the next Halo!

> Oh don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of RvB FF voices, but I don’t think her comment was enough for me to hang my hopes on, maybe in the next Halo!

Believe me, I am not gonna get my hopes up…but a guy can dream. haha I can remember discussing the possibility of RvB FF voices about a year ago, before Reach was out. I got my hopes up then, won’t be doing that again. Here’s to Halo 4! haha

I play with a pretty tight group of guys regularly, some times just to raz them I’ll ask if they like ribbons in their hair, or if they “like all the boys”.

People who get the reference laugh, everyone else just scratches their head, it’s fun!

> I play with a pretty tight group of guys regularly, some times just to raz them I’ll ask if they like ribbons in their hair, or if they “like all the boys”.
>
> People who get the reference laugh, everyone else just scratches their head, it’s fun!

The guys and I are always making RvB references as well. Everyone gets laughing. Its like an inside joke that everyone is in on that has ever watch Red vs Blue. We are our own buddy club. haha