I like Halo5 why is that unacceptable?

As the title says i like the game. There are a lot of people here very vocal about their disappointments of the game. I just want to know why people think they’re not being heard about their distaste even though that’s what most of the posts are about. We hear you loud and clear.

We understand that you think the game is so flawed that you hate it, we understand that you want 343i to go away, and we understand that you think you are justified in your plight.

I feel like some of you need to understand that there are many that very much enjoy the game such as myself. Some are unreasonable and don’t want to accept your complaints. Then there are some like me that respect your complaints, but wonder why you’re still here. Many of you have been vocally disappointed in the series since Halo 4.

The thing is 343i is not going away. They have their own fanbase now that like the direction they are going in, and they are going to make Halo their own game. It will never return to what it once was.

I’m glad all of you were here to help guide the series to where it is. A lot of changes were made because of some of you. That said, your job is over now. If you still don’t like what they’ve done after they tried so hard to please you then the series is too far gone from what you want. It might just be time for you to leave this series behind.

It’s not. They nay sayers are just married to their opinions and spout them as facts.

In my opinion, Halo 5 is awesome. Luckily, this view is shared by a significant number of people.

There are valid complaints with the campaign, multiplayer lobby (I want to see all the medals I earned in a match post-game and party up with my teammates!), and the lack of maps at launch (though of course we wait for the holidays for that issue).

I honestly hate the campaign more than the multiplayer (which has me hooked right now) so while I’m not seething with rage, I am disappointed.

I love the game. I really enjoyed the campaign and haven’t had this much fun in multiplayer for years, never had this much fun in a Halo MP. I just don’t have much time to play it sadly.

It’s entirely acceptable. Halo 5 has hundreds of thousands, if not millions of players in it’s fanbase. As much as so many of the threads on here are negative, you’ve got to remember that they still represent only a fraction of the population.

Hmm so you enjoy getting spawn killed in swat, you’ll enjoy when the obvious deadzone becomes a problem forcing you to buy a new controller, maybe you also enjoy how imbalanced Warzone is with four enemy tanks constantly killing you, maybe you even enjoy the ranking system that places you against high tiered players and then again you also enjoy the RNG. Along with posting this thread which disregards any of the flaws the actual game has. Not sure about you but when you so happen to either suicide, team kill by mistake , go afk just for a few minutes then get a message on your screen that you got banned just remember who you should thank for that.

Why is it unacceptable that I don’t think Halo 5 is very good?

> 2533274812949247;7:
> Why is it unacceptable that I don’t think Halo 5 is very good?

It’s not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just seems that, more often than not, players who admit to liking the game are shouted down by pseudo-pros who forget that opinions are subjective and allowed.

> 2533274816376242;8:
> > 2533274812949247;7:
> > Why is it unacceptable that I don’t think Halo 5 is very good?
>
>
> It’s not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just seems that, more often than not, players who admit to liking the game are shouted down by pseudo-pros who forget that opinions are subjective and allowed.

True. Very true.

I like Halo 5 too. I understand that the game has problems and that solutions are needed to keep the player base happy and in good numbers, but the amount of complaining going on is insane and really needs to stop. There are some that don’t like it, there are those that do like it, and that’s it, there’s no reason to say let’s change the whole game to make it better. If you do have that opinion, you either have to adjust to the new direction of Halo, or leave because this is how Halo is being done now.

I like the campaign a lot. Not the best in the series though. And I am excited about the Forge. The multiplayer isn’t as good as other instalments, but it still works very well.

Finally a non-fanboy claim to supporting the game! With so many “whiners” and “REQ Pack sympathizers” this community is literally ripping itself in two. Most of the threads I have commented on, are in support for my distaste for Halo 5. But I still love the game and the series as a whole and I want to see it excel. People are frustrated not only because of change but because of the path 343 is taking. Microtransactions no matter what side you are on in the debate, are very bad for a franchise’s health. People lose faith quick, especially when they see features removed. Halo 3 as amazing as it was, started off very negatively as well(I distinctivly remember people creating thread after thread knocking the Brute Shot) and the same for Reach. And because of the community working together to address these issues they were patched. I dont see a lengthy future for Halo 5 when it costs 680 hours(according to angry Joe) to unlock every armor set. This is a decision that was made in favor of trying to sell quantity over quality and has no positive outcome for the player(especially when you cant even use your unlocks offline). Halo 4 had a similar outcome by keeping Supply Drops in matchmaking and releasing Spartan Ops late. I can accept Halo 5 for what it is and will certainly try to adapt to its massive overhaul of what defines Halo. But Halo 6 is 343’s LAST CHANCE to do things right. I will not be so forgiving a second time.

Well, for me … i like the Gameplay of Halo 5, the general pace, the mobility is really great.

I am not really liking the aiming “hiccups” so far, but i am sure it will get patched.

About the REQ Packs , don’t like them. But well, they won’t go away, there are always some people who will buy such crap.

> 2533274854672563;13:
> Well, for me … i like the Gameplay of Halo 5, the general pace, the mobility is really great.
>
> I am not really liking the aiming “hiccups” so far, but i am sure it will get patched.
>
> About the REQ Packs , don’t like them. But well, they won’t go away, there are always some people who will buy such crap.

I think they are neat and I only use points for them but I also like card games like hearthstone so the collection aspect is pretty fun to me. I like opening a pack and getting a legendary helmet that I can flaunt. I just hope they make it so character models are visible in lobby so I can show off my shiny legendary gear

OP, it’s almost tradition now for the forums to be infested with constant hate threads at the release of a game and at Christmas. If you want to have sane disscusions about Halo you should probably chat with your Spartan Company or wait till Febuary.

> 2533274925960280;6:
> Hmm so you enjoy getting spawn killed in swat, you’ll enjoy when the obvious deadzone becomes a problem forcing you to buy a new controller, maybe you also enjoy how imbalanced Warzone is with four enemy tanks constantly killing you, maybe you even enjoy the ranking system that places you against high tiered players and then again you also enjoy the RNG. Along with posting this thread which disregards any of the flaws the actual game has. Not sure about you but when you so happen to either suicide, team kill by mistake , go afk just for a few minutes then get a message on your screen that you got banned just remember who you should thank for that.

Spawn killed in swat - yes this annoying, yes it needs changing. No it isn’t a reason to hate an entire game…
deadzones - I can honestly say this has never been an issue to me, its by no means gamebreaking and any issue with deadzone (you aren’t the first one I’ve heard complaining about this) will likely be fixed in a patch. I would love to know who is buying an elite controller because they are literally forced to by this issue, it simply isn’t happening.

four enemy tanks in warzone - really? is this REALLY a common occurrence in your warzone games? Warzone is designed to be an all out war, a place for you to ‘show off’ your req pack rewards. If you genuinely are losing to 4 tanks, do something about it, or wait it out and try harder to control the map with your fireteam next game. ANY vehicle can be beaten by a well timed plasma pistol shot and one competent teammate.

Ranked players - the rank system is very new, it cannot determine in 10 games, which rank player you are. Its an ever changing system that 343 will continue to update and improve.

RNG - are you seriously complaining about a RANDOM number generator… its random, that’s like complaining you aren’t winning the lottery every week…

getting banned - from my experience, getting banned is in a good state. You SHOULD get banned for consistently committing suicide, you SHOULD get banned for killing your own players and for the love of all that’s holy, you SHOULDDD get banned for being AFK, this is by far the worst problem with ANY online game. Players should not join a match if they cannot commit to the MAX 10 mins needed to complete it. I understand you may have something you need to put the controller down for, but I highly doubt people have been banned for going afk for a few mins in one match…

You go on about this game having flaws? where are they? all of the issues you have listed are fixable, easily, they are barely even issues with the game… they are lightyears away from flaws…

As you can probably tell I am a fan of halo 5, I enjoyed the story, I enjoy the multiplayer. Don’t get me wrong, it has issues, but as I’ve said these are all fixable, and WILL be fixed. The game itself is amazing, there is room for improvement like any other game and people need to learn when a game has teething issues that will be fixed and when a game is just ‘bad’. Halo 5 is anything but a bad game and I am getting seriously pissed off with all the hate coming from people who are listing, at best, minor annoyances.

For the few saying i am disregarding the issues of the game. I have my own complaints. This was something i posted in another thread.

“I think it’s the best in a lot of ways, but there are some serious flaws that keep it from bring the greatness it could have been.
One is that there is just too little content. Sure, there are a lot of maps, but too many are only playable in one mode. They should have made more maps that can be played on in multiple modes.
The campaign is really well done, but there are many problems with it as well. The story itself can be summed up too well in one sentence. Most of it was just cat and mouse fluff. It would have been more interesting if they would have focused more on some of the points made in their marketing campaign.
Then there’s the aiming issue. I’m sure it will be fixed, but it is just a surprising oversight. I honestly didn’t notice it until it was pointed out, but it’s still a problem. Also, the issue isn’t the aiming, but that it makes you wonder what other problems could be hiding under the surface.
I like 343 and think they are doing good, but they do have a ways to go until they are truly worthy successors. All in all, i think most of these problems will be remedied shortly. They are releasing a ton of free maps that will fix the content problem, I guess they will have to wait until the next installment to fix the story issue, and many of type technical issues will certainly be fixed with patches.
I am excited for the Halo series again, and although I am criticizing it, I think it’s an amazing game. I have enjoyed every minute I’ve played of it. Soloing legendary wasn’t easy and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I’m looking forward to blasting my way through it again, but on an easier difficulty. I will be like a monster after having beat it on legendary”

Only the haters come to the forums to troll, the rest of us are too busy enjoying the game.

> 2533274925960280;6:
> Hmm so you enjoy getting spawn killed in swat, you’ll enjoy when the obvious deadzone becomes a problem forcing you to buy a new controller, maybe you also enjoy how imbalanced Warzone is with four enemy tanks constantly killing you, maybe you even enjoy the ranking system that places you against high tiered players and then again you also enjoy the RNG. Along with posting this thread which disregards any of the flaws the actual game has. Not sure about you but when you so happen to either suicide, team kill by mistake , go afk just for a few minutes then get a message on your screen that you got banned just remember who you should thank for that.

I get accidental betrayals all the time and I didn’t get banned. I got banned for 2 minutes for team killing a guy who betrayed me first but that was totally worth it. I also constantly fall off the map and never get such warnings. The ban hammer is strong because people can’t handle a loss and drop out all the time; good for them when they get banned. You don’t know how many matches I lost because someone is AFK or just a quitter.

I love Halo 5. I also am severely disappointed with many aspects of it- the campaign had very little Master Chief in it, I don’t like feeling that the multiplayer is all about the E-Sports scene, and I dislike how unbalanced Warzone feels.
I still like Halo 5 though, even though I’m able to dislike parts of it. Everyone has their different opinions, don’t let them bother you.