I Like Halo 5 More Than Halo 2

I can’t see myself getting as involved into Halo 2 as I did for Halo 5’s Beta. The Halo 2 gameplay, now that I’ve played the Beta, just seems to bland and slow. It’s too competitive. Whenever I play ranked Halo 2 (which is the only Halo 2 Anniversary playlist) I get overly mad when I lose. I don’t like the ranking system. While the game is actually still really great (as I love every and all Halo games), there is nothing to unlock, no motive to win (Since 12 to a 13 is just a number change, while Silver 3 to Gold 1 feels like your progressing).
Do not get me wrong! I love Halo 2, and Halo 5 is just not perfect. Call me whatever, but I actually want to play like a super-soldier flying through the battlefield. Is Halo 5 perfect? No! I think the Sprint speed should be reduced and the time-to-kill made higher.
But all in all, I am excited for Halo 5 and want to preorder it.

Viewing the service record for Trio of Kings VIEW YOURS
MULTIPLAYER STATS SUMMARY
Trio of Kings HAS NOT PLAYED HALO 2 YET

TOTAL GAMES PLAYED

TOTAL KILLS

TOTAL DEATHS

> 2533274799961722;2:
> Viewing the service record for Trio of Kings VIEW YOURS
> MULTIPLAYER STATS SUMMARY
> Trio of Kings HAS NOT PLAYED HALO 2 YET
> –
> TOTAL GAMES PLAYED
> –
> TOTAL KILLS
> –
> TOTAL DEATHS

If he’s played the MCC version it’s not going to show up in his record for the xbox original.

Maybe OP is like me, I got a new account with the xboxone.

On topic. I have to agree although I’d like to see the 1-50 system reintergrated at the semi and pro levels

> 2533274819302824;3:
> > 2533274799961722;2:
> > Viewing the service record for Trio of Kings VIEW YOURS
> > MULTIPLAYER STATS SUMMARY
> > Trio of Kings HAS NOT PLAYED HALO 2 YET
> > –
> > TOTAL GAMES PLAYED
> > –
> > TOTAL KILLS
> > –
> > TOTAL DEATHS
>
>
>
>
> If he’s played the MCC version it’s not going to show up in his record for the xbox original.

Halo 2’s greatness came with the time period in which it released. For 2004, Halo 2 was far superior to Halo 5 over a decade later. In order to properly compare two games, the time in which they released is key. Hence why most people rave Tetris, Super Mario, and Pong as the best games of all time.

Edit: I guess I’m coming of as kinda douchy, but I just find this to be an asinine comparison. To each their on I guess.

Halo 2 was great when it was released and I probably would have played it a lot had I played video games at that time. But NOW, going back to it (in the form of Halo 2 Anniversary) just seems bland. Maybe its just the lack of maps. I don’t know. I really want to play custom games but I have no one to play with.

I’ll be honest. My skills in the good ol Halo 3 days were average. Now having had went back to halo 3 recently, it just seems “easier”. Easier In terms of knowing the layout of a map and the goal to control the power weapons. With now having hands on time with Halo 5 at a friend’s house, it truly does add a different level of skill. Player’s seem to be not as predictable in Halo 5 than others. But that’s just an experience driven analysis.

I couldn’t agree with you more. I personally find halo 5 really fun and can’t wait for the full game release. I can’t find myself playing halo 2 or halo 2 anniversary. Personally…I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate from this…but I don’t think halo 2 was anything THAT special as everyone claims it to be.

A video game is evoking actual real emotion. A ranking system in a video game has made you care to the point where it upsets you when it doesn’t go your way.

And this is a bad thing how?

A lot of the greatest entertainment makes us feel sad or angry.

It’s a good thing.

I’d rather a game make me feel upset than make me feel nothing(Reach, H4, h5)

OP, I certainly agree with you, but prepared to be crucified by these so-called “Halo die-hards.”

Play Destiny OP… Have all you want.

The idea is for casual players Halo 2 was not incentive based it is game play based you play because you love the game. I think the 1-50 ranking system was good but wasn’t enough to be an incentive based game. Whereas CoD on the other hand is incentive based, the game play is simple and mediocre but where it works is kill streaks care packages etc that is the incentive and excitement to play not the game its self.

Some guy put it beautifly. If CoD was a guy he would chase girls around for the -Yoink!- and only the -Yoink!-. He would not enjoy the meal, the flowers, the romance leading up to the -Yoink!-. He is solely focused on -Yoink!- (the incentive). Whereas Halo is different he would be a guy who loves the chase the excitment is in the mean, the romance, if anything the -Yoink!- is just a bonus to the thrill of getting the girl (the gameplay).

That is why a simple 1-50 ranking system working in Halo with brilliant core game play. But since the game play complexity and variety the first 3 games had is gone, the only way to make it interesting is to make it incentive based. Give the player a -Yoink- load of medals and ranks and unlocks to make him feel badass.

> 2533274819302824;3:
> > 2533274799961722;2:
> > Viewing the service record for Trio of Kings VIEW YOURS
> > MULTIPLAYER STATS SUMMARY
> > Trio of Kings HAS NOT PLAYED HALO 2 YET
> > –
> > TOTAL GAMES PLAYED
> > –
> > TOTAL KILLS
> > –
> > TOTAL DEATHS
>
>
> If he’s played the MCC version it’s not going to show up in his record for the xbox original.

Or if he’s like me and anyone else who has changed their gamertag name but kept the same account, the stats for the older games is no longer viewable.

I do enjoy Halo 5, and I played way back when Halo 2 was online. It’s fun and fresh and you do feel like a supersoldier. I just wish I had people to play with so I wasn’t always on the losing team as of late.

I love competitive Halo but I don’t want the game to have a huge skill gap like League of Legends. I just want everyone to stop complaining and start having fun.

> 2533274877056440;14:
> I love competitive Halo but I don’t want the game to have a huge skill gap like League of Legends. I just want everyone to stop complaining and start having fun.

Its the reason is complaining and not having fun. By reducing the skill cap to appeal to newer players while also keeping a few original game mechanics from the original halos to appeal to older players you please nobody. Older players hate it because it doesn’t feel like halo and newer players get bored within 6 months becauase it isnt as in depth as other FPS games. Hell, Destiny is a mess but all Halo 5 beta made me want to do is go play it because it has more to offer MP wise.

Skill gap is good for games. There is nothing too competitive about H2 or H2A. Can you explain how it is too competitive, because it doesn’t make sense to me. CE had tremendous skill gap, you should be complaining about that over h2, but it can still be played for casual fun.

They’re two totally separate games essentially. Halo 5 is a newer, mutated version of Halo. You probably are a really big Call of Duty fan, H5 has imitations of CoD.

> 2535471367604642;9:
> A video game is evoking actual real emotion. A ranking system in a video game has made you care to the point where it upsets you when it doesn’t go your way.
>
> And this is a bad thing how?
>
> A lot of the greatest entertainment makes us feel sad or angry.
>
> It’s a good thing.
>
> I’d rather a game make me feel upset than make me feel nothing(Reach, H4, h5)

Actually for me, Halo 5 actually makes me feel rage when I lose. Which was something I did not have from halo3-halo 4.

Good for you OP! You have found something to enjoy about H5. Don’t let others tell you that your opinion is wrong, you’re allowed to like what you want.

I completely agree, man.