I know who the B.O.B. are, it's been under our noses all this time...(Read)

The Ossoona

They are in ‘The Flood’ and what the do is gather intelligence and avoid ANY type of combat. Hence, when you shoot at them on Reach they disappear in thin air.

Discuss.

There’s a couple of problems with this theory. There are several types of BOBS. White General’s are BOBS. The most common though is of course the Orange “EVA” BOB. Ossona (spelling?) are Major’s. They are equipped with Active Camo, so why have a “EVA” armor? It would make more sense to have Spec-ops armor.

The B.O.B are the Gold EVA Elites.

That’s it.

> The B.O.B are the Gold EVA Elites.
>
> That’s it.

The randomly generated white Elites on Sword Base count as BOBs when you kill them.

If I remember correctly we don’t know allot BOB’s has so it could be possible but for as everything goes until proven by a reliable source BOB’s are counted as a different rank. I would personally take the different rank option.

> They are equipped with Active Camo, so why have a “EVA” armor? It would make more sense to have Spec-ops armor.

SPEC-OPS don’t have active exclusively. They just happen to have it as standard equipment.

Any B.O.B. that’s not the yellow Ranger is considered a Want-to-be B.O.B. or is just a easter egg Specops that may carry a DATPAD. Simple as that.

Point of order:
Wanna-be BOBs net a BOB medal and count towards a BOB-challenge for their death on Sword Base.
BOBs that pilot yet don’t pilot Banshees on New Alexandria and Exodus count as BOB-challenges yet don’t net a BOB medal.
Gold BOBs are easily distinguishable. They net a medal and BOB-challenge credit on any other levels but the ones mentioned above.
The SPEC.OPS Elite that carries the datapad on Winter Contingency, that is not a BOB. Does not net a medal, nor does it count towards a BOB-challenge when killed.