I know what can make 343 lots of $$$

Listening to the requests of your massive fanbase and not always going with the cheapest decision! I like you 343, I didn’t mine halo 4 or halo mcc, I just know that doing what the fans say will make more money in the long run. For example, when fans say “We don’t like sprint, take it out.” doing what they say will make them buy the game, they will tell their friends to buy the game, and their friends will tell their friends to buy the game. If you add a feature, make it halo, not COD. I mean Sprint-COD, Thruster-COD, Loadouts-COD. For example: Halo 3 added equipment, this idea wasn’t stolen from COD, Battlefield, or GTA. Halo 2 added dual wielding, this idea didn’t change the gameplay too much. And with 343 making the cheap decisions, come on 343, ODST campaign only for compensation? I bet 343 thought "Well, Halo Reach is a prelude to Halo CE and has a full multiplayer, forge, theatre, armor system, but its too expensive. Halo Wars is a RTS so thats too expensive, well we can cut out firefight on Halo 3 ODST and cheaply port it to the Master Chief Collection! And hell, we’ll remaster Relic for Halo 2 Anniversary. Lets also make Halo Spartan Strike with the money we could use for MCC or Halo 5! 343, you’ve been left in charge of one of the biggest and most successful gaming franchises there is, with a gargantuan fan base, and a epic story, don’t ruin it, even the littlest things can take away your fans, like new rocket launchers, sprint, and cheap ports. Although some, like me, will play halo until we die, some won’t…

Only 343 knows how many people want or don’t want something. Just because 100 people on a forum that is extremely biased voted for no sprint for example doesn’t mean that’s what every Halo player wants.

About the ODST thing. We are lucky we are even getting ODST, they could’ve easily just only gave us the free month of Gold.

343 didn’t even make Spartan Strike, so I don’t know what you are talking about there.

One last thing, Sprint wasn’t invented by CoD and neither was Thruster.

Sprint and Thrusters from CoD? Super Mario and Halo 4 would like a word.
Anyway, addressing the main point, no, that’s not how it works. I’ve told friends how great Halo is, and they’ve said “No, ew, it’s got that weird aiming system and stupid silly enemies in the campaign. No thanks.” Word of mouth only works when something is close enough to the status quo that the average punter doesn’t feel alienated.

Those complaint threads with a few hundred people, DO NOT represent the whole Halo community. Halo 5 is #1 on the USA preorder charts. I personally know a few friends who never cared for Halo, but are very hyped for Halo 5. The story seems like it’s going to be a massive step forward, and the MP is pretty damn fun imo.

You had me for about ten seconds there until I realized it was yet another anti-sprint post.

> 2533274932540799;3:
> Sprint and Thrusters from CoD? Super Mario and Halo 4 would like a word.
> Anyway, addressing the main point, no, that’s not how it works. I’ve told friends how great Halo is, and they’ve said "No, ew, it’s got that weird aiming system and stupid silly enemies in the campaign. No thanks." Word of mouth only works when something is close enough to the status quo that the average punter doesn’t feel alienated.

No offense, but find some new friends.

If people seriously can’t transition from one shooter to Halo just because Halo has (or had) different mechanics, then they should get lost. Different mechanics is the reason we have different games. It promotes diversity in the gaming industry.

Back in the day, I played both COD 4 and Halo 3 regularly. I didn’t complain about the different aiming mechanics, or the fact that Halo didn’t have sprint, or even the fact that the enemies cracked jokes during battle. NOT ONCE**.** I accepted the fact that these were two different games with two different sets of mechanics that played differently. And you know what? That’s the reason why I decided that I liked Halo’s gameplay better than COD’s. Because it was different.

But now, Halo really isn’t that different from other shooters. It’s borrowing a bunch of different mechanics from several different games, and aiming has been changed to work the way it does in most other modern shooters that you find out there today. And unless that changes, I will not buy Halo 5, and will continue expressing my opinion on why this is not the right direction for Halo.

> 2533274873843883;5:
> You had me for about ten seconds there until I realized it was yet another anti-sprint post.

Its not about sprint, sprints really not as bad as people make it out to be.

> 2533274882999606;4:
> Those complaint threads with a few hundred people, DO NOT represent the whole Halo community. Halo 5 is #1 on the USA preorder charts. I personally know a few friends who never cared for Halo, but are very hyped for Halo 5. The story seems like it’s going to be a massive step forward, and the MP is pretty damn fun imo.

Thats the problem, the pre-orders! Don’t do it, its just what 343 industries wants to make their profit so they can not do what we say cause they have their money. I love halo just as much as the next person, and I’m not a halo-hater, or a 343-hater, I just want to see halo be a much better franchise, I want to see more people coming to halo from other games. I love all the halos and their implemented features, whether thats dual wielding, equipment, sprint, loadouts, or thrusters.

Enough with the sprint complaining! It’s cool, it helps, its better, so stop the complaining!

> 2533274880627067;7:
> > 2533274873843883;5:
> > You had me for about ten seconds there until I realized it was yet another anti-sprint post.
>
>
> Its not about sprint, sprints really not as bad as people make it out to be.
>
> > 2533274882999606;4:
> > Those complaint threads with a few hundred people, DO NOT represent the whole Halo community. Halo 5 is #1 on the USA preorder charts. I personally know a few friends who never cared for Halo, but are very hyped for Halo 5. The story seems like it’s going to be a massive step forward, and the MP is pretty damn fun imo.
>
>
> Thats the problem, the pre-orders! Don’t do it, its just what 343 industries wants to make their profit so they can not do what we say cause they have their money. I love halo just as much as the next person, and I’m not a halo-hater, or a 343-hater, I just want to see halo be a much better franchise, I want to see more people coming to halo from other games. I love all the halos and their implemented features, whether thats dual wielding, equipment, sprint, loadouts, or thrusters.

Did you watch the Sprint? (6 episode documentary about Halo 5’s development process). They clearly have an enormous passion for Halo.