I know the Magnum will be in anniversary multiplayer, but what about..

the assault rifle? The Magnum has clearly been the center of attention here for being the fan favourite, but I have just as much fond memories of the Halo: CE AR.
I fell in love with the gun the first time I used it, the awesome design, the sixty round mag, high rate of fire, ballsy firing sounds… Aahh, those were the good times. Do you remember how awesome it was to just charge against an elite, emptying the clip of your AR until their shields fail and then finishing it up with an AR butt to the face? I was overjoyed when they brought it back in Halo 3 but it ended up being somewhat of a disappointment. It just wasn’t the same. Now I’m extatic that we’re finally going to get the real and original deal with Halo: Anniversary.

But whenever I look at Anniversary multiplayer, I see the Magnum in use, but instead of the original assault rifle, it’s the Reach assault rifle. This I find disappointing. Why not use the original assault rifle since, atleast I myself think is better than the Reach one.

I know the game has gone gold now, but it can’t be too hard to replace the Reach assault rifle with the original in a patch, if it could be done for the magnum too.

So who agrees, that we should have the Combat Evolved AR, instead of the Reach peashooter.

i hate the navy AR, it looks bad, i like the reach AR, that looks cool, however i like the ce ar performance better than the reach ar, i mean come on, a pistol beats asullt rifle

> Anniversary multiplayer

That’s where you’re making the mistake. Halo Annie uses Reach’s engine and Matchmaking for Multiplayer. They can’t change the weapon models. (Frankly, I’m still baffled as to how they added a damage adjustment for the Magnum without altering the map files.)

> > Anniversary multiplayer
>
> That’s where you’re making the mistake. Halo Annie uses Reach’s engine and Matchmaking for Multiplayer. They can’t change the weapon models. (Frankly, I’m still baffled as to how they added a damage adjustment for the Magnum without altering the map files.)

I know. But how do you suppose adding the CE assault rifle to Reach would be that difficult, when they already have the models, animations and sound effects and the code. Just edit the magazine size and adjust the rate of fire on the Reach AR and replace the model and firing sounds and voila.

> > > Anniversary multiplayer
> >
> > That’s where you’re making the mistake. Halo Annie uses Reach’s engine and Matchmaking for Multiplayer. They can’t change the weapon models. (Frankly, I’m still baffled as to how they added a damage adjustment for the Magnum without altering the map files.)
>
> I know. But how do you suppose adding the CE assault rifle to Reach would be that difficult, when they already have the models, animations and sound effects and the code. Just edit the magazine size and adjust the rate of fire on the Reach AR and replace the model and firing sounds and voila.

It’s not as simple as that. The only thing they’d be able to change is the damage, rate of fire and bloom (like they’ve done with the Magnum). They wouldn’t be able to change the magazine size, the sounds or the weapon model as these are saved in the .map file. Basicly you’d have to re-download the map if they wanted to change the AR that much. If you wanted the CE AR on every map you’d have to download every map.

This is why we’ve never had any new armour or weapons and vehicles. For example the Golf Club was added to Sandbox in Halo 3 but we never got it on any of the older maps. Same with those snowy vehicles on Avalanche. It’s not as simple as just changing a few files.

It’s not impossible to do these things but it would take up a lot of 343’s time and eventually it’ll take up a lot of our time (and Hard Drive space). People with the 4G Xbox wouldn’t be able to play with everyone else.

Just play the cea campaign. You’ll get to to kick some elite butt.

Basicly your using 2 different typse of AR’s. One that is Only mean for campaign which carries up to 300 or so bullets, the other one which we all know is the Reach Ar for multi-player. [I always do ferget the names of the guns so dont sue me 7_7;;]