I know that Onyx isn't in Halo 4...

Okay, I am rereading Ghosts of Onyx, and Halsey keeps saying we can’t win the war (We Couldn’t have without the Great Schism). But, she keeps pointing Kurt and the others to the Core Room because they need “To live and fight another day.” There are many ways you can interpret this, whether it be simply that she needed them to survive, or the way I interpret it, find a way buy more time and get more manpower for the UNSC. I’ll explain it a little better.

She says that the Shield world is excluded from everything because it exists in Slip Space. This could mean that the UNSC could use that as a New Base of Operations, completely excluded from any Assault, unless the Attacking force could make a SS portal and infiltrate it.

What I’m getting at is that Halsey and the rest of the GoO Crew find a way to open up another portal to get out of the Shield World. What happens is that they realize they can travel between different Shield Worlds, and since there are Clearly 2 types of Shield Worlds, (Halo Wars and Onyx). What happens is that they transition through another portal to a Shield World like the one in Halo Wars. This one is known as Sigma 7 the planet ONI has been doing extensive research on for years. After Halsey and ONI gather resources and start doing some serious R and D the Mjolnir Mark VII is invented for the S-II’s and S-III’s. After many new technologies have been Discovered, they start to explore other Shield Worlds that were in the Stellar Registry, they end up finding one that Had Specific Warnings tagged to it. When they visit this world, they find the Universe’s worst Enemy. The Timeless One.

The Precursor was trapped in that World so it couldn’t wreak anymore Havoc upon the Galaxy. It ends up using the flood as it’s army since they created it. It breaks loose and starts attacking the UNSC forces. This is around the time Master Chief Arrives and floats to the Inside of the Shield world and lands in a Beautiful landscape (Which brings back Halo’s epic sense of Grandeur and Scale). He explores his way through the world until he finds a UNSC/ONI base gets outfitted with the Mark VII. We might see his Face for the first time. During the rest of the Game Master Chief fights the flood, covenant remnants, and the Timeless one. His allies in the UNSC must call upon the Help of the Arbiter and his elites. Thus ensues an epic battle that will last 3 games or so. (Halo 4, 5, and 6)

THIS IS ALL CONJECTURE.
But this would explain how chief gets his Armor and all that stuff. Halo: Glasslands is supposed to cover all of the in-between of Halo 3 and 4.

Post your comments.

this is one of the best ideas ive ever heard but i think we will have to trvel to a halo ring just because this is a halo game.

Not Nessccesarily , I’d be fine without a Halo ring. 3 is enough dude.

i’d be fine too but it is likly that there will be another halo ring ever if its just a cutscene at the end like reach. every halo game has had a halo ring mentioned( with exeption of odst witch is my least favorite).

Halo 3:ODST was one of my favorite Halo Games, it finally opened for the customization of our character like we saw in reach. I loved it’s soundtrack and Campaign.

Sigma 7 isn’t real, you do know that right?

the sound track was pretty good( in fact im now listening to it). but odst is my least favorite campain. now lets stop arguing and return back to the forums.

Actually, I know that, I was using as a Nick Name because it would get confusing for some readers by me saying Shield world over and over again.

> Sigma 7 isn’t real, you do know that right?

In real-life? No.

In the Halo-Universe? Most certainly.

> Okay, I am rereading Ghosts of Onyx, and Halsey keeps saying we can’t win the war (We Couldn’t have without the Great Schism). But, she keeps pointing Kurt and the others to the Core Room because they need “To live and fight another day.” There are many ways you can interpret this, whether it be simply that she needed them to survive, or the way I interpret it, find a way buy more time and get more manpower for the UNSC.

Or as she often mentioned in the book to keep her Spartans, and these newly adopted Spartan-IIIs, alive.

> I’ll explain it a little better. She says that the Shield world is excluded from everything because it exists in Slip Space. This could mean that the UNSC could use that as a New Base of Operations, completely excluded from any Assault, unless the Attacking force could make a SS portal and infiltrate it.

A base of operations like that wouldn’t be very good. You may be safe, but what if the enemy surrounds you in real space? Unless you have a portal that goes somewhere else away from the Shield World, you may as well be a sitting duck.

> What I’m getting at is that Halsey and the rest of the GoO Crew find a way to open up another portal to get out of the Shield World. What happens is that they realize they can travel between different Shield Worlds, and since there are Clearly 2 types of Shield Worlds, (Halo Wars and Onyx).

Do I honestly need to tell you how much of a design flaw being able to travel between other Shield Worlds within Shield Worlds is? You get one Flood spore in that system and there goes the neighborhood.

> What happens is that they transition through another portal to a Shield World like the one in Halo Wars. This one is known as Sigma 7 the planet ONI has been doing extensive research on for years. After Halsey and ONI gather resources and start doing some serious R and D the Mjolnir Mark VII is invented for the S-II’s and S-III’s.After many new technologies have been Discovered, they start to explore other Shield Worlds that were in the Stellar Registry, they end up finding one that Had Specific Warnings tagged to it. When they visit this world, they find the Universe’s worst Enemy. The Timeless One.The Precursor was trapped in that World so it couldn’t wreak anymore Havoc upon the Galaxy. It ends up using the flood as it’s army since they created it. It breaks loose and starts attacking the UNSC forces. This is around the time Master Chief Arrives and floats to the Inside of the Shield world and lands in a Beautiful landscape (Which brings back Halo’s epic sense of Grandeur and Scale). He explores his way through the world until he finds a UNSC/ONI base gets outfitted with the Mark VII. We might see his Face for the first time. During the rest of the Game Master Chief fights the flood, covenant remnants, and the Timeless one. His allies in the UNSC must call upon the Help of the Arbiter and his elites. Thus ensues an epic battle that will last 3 games or so. (Halo 4, 5, and 6). THIS IS ALL CONJECTURE.But this would explain how chief gets his Armor and all that stuff. Halo: Glasslands is supposed to cover all of the in-between of Halo 3 and 4.Post your comments.

The rest of this is complete drivel and has zero evidence attached to it. Where is it stated you can travel from SW to SW? Where is it stated ONI has a “Sigma 7”-type world under their grasp? How exactly can a radically altered, high-powered, brand new set of MJOLNIR armor get crafted in a small timeframe? Where is it stated teh Timeless One is on a SW? Where is it stated there are Covenant remanants?

Honestly, this idea is terrible.

There is absolutely NO doubt in my mind that the planet the Master Chief is drifting toward, is Onyx.

How did the Chief’s armor change? Simple, it’s just a design change…one that 343 decided to do because this is THEIR vision of the Master Chief and the Haloverse.

I never said it was Onyx. It’s simply a different shield world they transitioned to.

> I never said it was Onyx. It’s simply a different shield world they transitioned to.

Perhaps, but do you understand how linking Shield World’s is such a design flaw that making it a plot point is simply beyond stupid?

> > I never said it was Onyx. It’s simply a different shield world they transitioned to.
>
> Perhaps, but do you understand how linking Shield World’s is such a design flaw that making it a plot point is simply beyond stupid?

As we can tell, Forerunners are prone to making design flaws. Such as keeping Flood on the Halo rings. Or deevolving Humanity and making an embargo on Human and San’Shyuum space travel. Because out of revenge, Humanity destroyed the Cure/Immunity.

> > > I never said it was Onyx. It’s simply a different shield world they transitioned to.
> >
> > Perhaps, but do you understand how linking Shield World’s is such a design flaw that making it a plot point is simply beyond stupid?
>
> As we can tell, Forerunners are prone to making design flaws.

Not really. They were ill-equipped to handle the Flood, but they had excellent defensive measures. Besides, where is your evidence of this linkage?

> I never said it was Onyx. It’s simply a different shield world they transitioned to.

Exactly my point. I believe that it IS Onyx.

I am by no means trying to insult you in any way, I simply disagree. Although your ideas are…interesting…they are too far-fetched, in my opinion. In order to tell a story in a video game…especially one people have been following/playing for 10 years…you have to keep is relatively simple. Too complex and players will get confused and lost in the context of what is happening. What you have described sounds good in writing and would make for an interesting read, but for those that never read any of the novels, it would be too far-gone for them to grasp.

> > I never said it was Onyx. It’s simply a different shield world they transitioned to.
>
> Exactly my point. I believe that it IS Onyx.
>
> I am by no means trying to insult you in any way, I simply disagree. Although your ideas are…interesting…they are too far-fetched, in my opinion. In order to tell a story in a video game…especially one people have been following/playing for 10 years…you have to keep is relatively simple. Too complex and players will get confused and lost in the context of what is happening. What you have described sounds good in writing and would make for an interesting read, but for those that never read any of the novels, it would be too far-gone for them to grasp.

One problem champ, it’s too big to be Onyx.

> > > > I never said it was Onyx. It’s simply a different shield world they transitioned to.
> > >
> > > Perhaps, but do you understand how linking Shield World’s is such a design flaw that making it a plot point is simply beyond stupid?
> >
> > As we can tell, Forerunners are prone to making design flaws.
>
> Not really. They were ill-equipped to handle the Flood, but they had excellent defensive measures. Besides, where is your evidence of this linkage?

They had teleportation abilities on Shield Worlds, who says Shield worlds, can’t be" right next to each other "when they exist in Slip space.

> > > > > I never said it was Onyx. It’s simply a different shield world they transitioned to.
> > > >
> > > > Perhaps, but do you understand how linking Shield World’s is such a design flaw that making it a plot point is simply beyond stupid?
> > >
> > > As we can tell, Forerunners are prone to making design flaws.
> >
> > Not really. They were ill-equipped to handle the Flood, but they had excellent defensive measures. Besides, where is your evidence of this linkage?
>
> They had teleportation abilities on Shield Worlds, who says Shield worlds, can’t be" right next to each other "when they exist in Slip space.

It’s one thing to teleport around on the world, nowhere is it said or explained that you can teleport between worlds.

> One problem champ, it’s too big to be Onyx.

We have zero statistics on this new world. How can you say it’s too big if you have no idea of it’s actual size?