I know no falcon is upsetting but...

We have some awesome things coming this update. Great looking halo reach armors, brute plasma rifle will be a nice addition, matchmaking preferences will be fantastic, post game medals are finally making a glorious return, and infection which will lead to booming custom games. These things will all make this update very solid. Yes I am disappointed about no falcon it would have made this update the best one yet, but it seems unreasonable to expect 343 to create and test a new flying vehicle in a month. However, they shouldn’t have hidden the phaeton varient behind the ONI symbol because that is what built up all of our hype on the first place and led to an unfortunate amount of disappointment regarding this update.

Can you stop -yoinking- 343 -yoink-. Non of these are halo reach related but the armor.

> 2535452680668322;1:
> We have some awesome things coming this update. Great looking halo reach armors, brute plasma rifle will be a nice addition, matchmaking preferences will be fantastic, post game medals are finally making a glorious return, and infection which will lead to booming custom games. These things will all make this update very solid. Yes I am disappointed about no falcon it would have made this update the best one yet, but it seems unreasonable to expect 343 to create and test a new flying vehicle in a month. However, they shouldn’t have hidden the phaeton varient behind the ONI symbol because that is what built up all of our hype on the first place and led to an unfortunate amount of disappointment regarding this update.

I agree, hiding the Phaeton behind an ONI symbol was unnecessary (and unprecedented). I could understand hiding the Falcon, but not a Phaeton.

I am excited for Infection though, and the Wrath armor.

> 2533274908131346;2:
> Can you stop -yoinking- 343 -yoink-. Non of these are halo reach related but the armor.

Never mentioned that these were specifically halo reach related things only that they are solid additions to the game. So chill. I’m not sucking 343s -Yoink-, I’m simply examining both the positives and negatives of the update.

This calmed down my anger toward the HALO cow-milking company just a bit, but still pissed that it’s a Phaeton that’ll be destroyed with a full mag of an AR.

Yes, I use my AR to take down Phaetons with ease!

I just wish there were more solid transport vehicles that can move multiple people, All we really have are warthogs and I’d like another vehicle that can move at least 3 people around.

The actual update with all new features is great its just the reqs (half of which are already released skins) that are the issue

We’re getting new matchmaking parameter options FINALLY. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

“Memories of Reach”

>5 items are from Reach; 6 if you count Infection that was in Halo before Reach was even announced or hinted at

343- winner of the Troll of the Year award.
Sorry Javik, maybe next year buddy.

The funny thing is, thinking back, I’d probably be as salty as everyone else had I given a crap about Halo 5 before. Since the game came out it’s just been disappointment after disappointment, so I’m not all that chaffed. Had my initial “Really 343? This is our new Halo?” back when the game came out, and now this has just sort of become the norm so I’m taking it pretty well.

I thinking I’m starting to accept that Halo is dead and it had it’s time and now new games will take it’s place. Which sucks because I love Halo, but such is life.

Honestly, I was hoping for a falcon. Especially since it was behind an oni card. The plasma rifle is a nice touch though, but we don’t need another phaeton that under normal circumstances will never see the light of day…

> 2533274856723140;10:
> I thinking I’m starting to accept that Halo is dead and it had it’s time and now new games will take it’s place. Which sucks because I love Halo, but such is life.

I’m very much in the same boat. I love Halo because it’s been in my life for damn near 15 years. Without Halo I would have never joined the communities that I did and make the friends that I have. So seeing Halo become this shell of its former self is rather disappointing. It’s like 343i and Microsoft went through an identity crises with Halo. They started catering to a different audience which made their existing one stop playing.

They didn’t learn with Halo 4 and made the same mistakes with Halo 5. They added a few cool things, but the cons far outweigh the pros when it comes to what was changed.

I still want to hold out hope for Halo 6. Maybe someone will turn Halo around and make it feel like it was, but keep it new and refreshing. “Newer” doesn’t always mean “Better” which is why change is a double edged sword.

> 2552039788849114;12:
> > 2533274856723140;10:
> > I thinking I’m starting to accept that Halo is dead and it had it’s time and now new games will take it’s place. Which sucks because I love Halo, but such is life.
>
>
> They didn’t learn with Halo 4 and made the same mistakes with Halo 5. They added a few cool things, but the cons far outweigh the pros when it comes to what was changed.

>No UNSC Air Vehicles in Halo 4, which was met with backlash
>More gametypes in Halo 4 than 5

Yeah, I don’t think they learned much either.

Every update that comes out, theres always SOMETHING to be disappointed about, but the falcon and phaeton are so similar, i dont get why people wanted it so much
And this phaeton variant might be something really cool.

> 2533274818737568;9:
> “Memories of Reach”
>
> >5 items are from Reach; 6 if you count Infection that was in Halo before Reach was even announced or hinted at
>
> 343- winner of the Troll of the Year award.
> Sorry Javik, maybe next year buddy.

“Throw the Phaeton out the airlock.”

> 2535452680668322;1:
> We have some awesome things coming this update. Great looking halo reach armors, brute plasma rifle will be a nice addition, matchmaking preferences will be fantastic, post game medals are finally making a glorious return, and infection which will lead to booming custom games. These things will all make this update very solid. Yes I am disappointed about no falcon it would have made this update the best one yet, but it seems unreasonable to expect 343 to create and test a new flying vehicle in a month. However, they shouldn’t have hidden the phaeton varient behind the ONI symbol because that is what built up all of our hype on the first place and led to an unfortunate amount of disappointment regarding this update.

We can’t even make 3-ball oddball yet, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s hardly customisable tbh :confused:

> 2533274908131346;2:
> Can you stop -yoinking- 343 -yoink-. Non of these are halo reach related but the armor.

Holy -Yoinking!- crap, it’s called “Memories of Reach”, not “Memories of Halo: Reach”. Brutes were on Reach, and they used the blood-hand (Brute Plasma Rifle).

The Phaeton is new because, well, why not? The Hannibal Mantis and Scorpion weren’t made on Meridian and yet they were in the “Ghosts of Meridian” update. My point is that just because every update has a theme doesn’t mean that everything in the update has to fit under that specific theme.

> 2535455771499455;3:
> > 2535452680668322;1:
> > We have some awesome things coming this update. Great looking halo reach armors, brute plasma rifle will be a nice addition, matchmaking preferences will be fantastic, post game medals are finally making a glorious return, and infection which will lead to booming custom games. These things will all make this update very solid. Yes I am disappointed about no falcon it would have made this update the best one yet, but it seems unreasonable to expect 343 to create and test a new flying vehicle in a month. However, they shouldn’t have hidden the phaeton varient behind the ONI symbol because that is what built up all of our hype on the first place and led to an unfortunate amount of disappointment regarding this update.
>
>
> I agree, hiding the Phaeton behind an ONI symbol was unnecessary (and unprecedented). I could understand hiding the Falcon, but not a Phaeton.
>
> I am excited for Infection though, and the Wrath armor.

Considering they had weapons mislabeled that card was probably mislabeled as well.

> 2533274859620752;17:
> > 2533274908131346;2:
> > Can you stop -yoinking- 343 -yoink-. Non of these are halo reach related but the armor.
>
>
> Holy -Yoinking!- crap, it’s called “Memories of Reach”, not “Memories of Halo: Reach”. Brutes were on Reach, and they used the blood-hand (Brute Plasma Rifle).
>
> The Phaeton is new because, well, why not? The Hannibal Mantis and Scorpion weren’t made on Meridian and yet they were in the “Ghosts of Meridian” update. My point is that just because every update has a theme doesn’t mean that everything in the update has to fit under that specific theme.

Agreed!