I know it's a polygon video, but... silenced AR

Check out the new silenced AR, it’s not that powerful, but I figured some people wanted to see it.

I cringed so many times.

Seems useless to me. As long as you have a team that communicates the opponents’s weapons can be called. I doubt anyone will use this as it’s not even silent.

> 2533274817907732;3:
> Seems useless to me. As long as you have a team that communicates the opponents’s weapons can be called. I doubt anyone will use this as it’s not even silent.

Eh, I’d blame the user in this case, not the weapon, not saying its an all mighty weapon but… really… trying to ground pound that low to the ground?

I agree ouipet, it’s not worthy of using for any reason, but maybe it doesn’t show you on the radar when you fire? Idk, still not worth it for me.

Tragic, yes, every time I watch Polygon’s videos I cringe, they said they aren’t good at Halo, and I believe them.

> 2535447317427844;5:
> I agree ouipet, it’s not worthy of using for any reason, but maybe it doesn’t show you on the radar when you fire? Idk, still not worth it for me.
>
> Tragic, yes, every time I watch Polygon’s videos I cringe, they said they aren’t good at Halo, and I believe them.

Radars in Halo aren’t fire related, aren’t they ? They’re movement related as far as I know. Call of Duty when I last played it was fire related but a silent gun shouldn’t affect detection in Halo. Crouching is the only way to be off the radar.

> 2533274817907732;6:
> > 2535447317427844;5:
> > I agree ouipet, it’s not worthy of using for any reason, but maybe it doesn’t show you on the radar when you fire? Idk, still not worth it for me.
> >
> > Tragic, yes, every time I watch Polygon’s videos I cringe, they said they aren’t good at Halo, and I believe them.
>
>
> Radars in Halo aren’t fire related, aren’t they ? They’re movement related as far as I know. Call of Duty when I last played it was fire related but a silent gun shouldn’t affect detection in Halo. Crouching is the only way to be off the radar.

It’s both, if you fire you’re on the radar, regardless of crouching or not

Question, are we sure its a silencer and not something else like a muzzle break or a heavy barrel?

I love how they (Xbox,343) let the media, who never laid hands on Halo before, nor have years upon years of playing experience, play this game and have the balls to give a review on it. SMH

> 2533274877739207;8:
> Question, are we sure its a silencer and not something else like a muzzle break or a heavy barrel?

Well, I think it is a silencer, it sounds like it’s the same as the silenced SMG I saw earlier in another video.

What on earth is the point of a silencer in a game like Halo? It’s a run and gun shooter. Also, this isn’t CoD. You dont pop up on the map when firing soooo somebody explain the purpose of such an option to me, would ya kindly? I feel like a lot of these weapon variants are useless and/or completely uneccesary…

I am super pumped for warzone, even despite being more of an Arena guy, but I just can’t help but feel that there is an excess of “filler” in that mode.

As a side note, the weapon skins are downright hideous.

Also, is it Oct 27th yet?

> 2533274820821094;11:
> What on earth is the point of a silencer in a game like Halo? It’s a run and gun shooter. Also, this isn’t CoD. You dont pop up on the map when firing soooo somebody explain the purpose of such an option to me, would ya kindly? I feel like a lot of these weapon variants are useless and/or completely uneccesary…
>
> I am super pumped for warzone, even despite being more of an Arena guy, but I just can’t help but feel that there is an excess of “filler” in that mode.
>
> As a side note, the weapon skins are downright hideous.
>
> Also, is it Oct 27th yet?

I agree, but some people were curious as to what the silenced ar was like, so I posted it.
Personally, I’d never use it, but rather stay with a BR and SMG combo at the beginning, but to each their own.
And I’m counting the days man, less than 3 weeks and I get the Xbox! :smiley:

Any idea what the icon next to the magazine indicator means when he’s using the silenced AR?

When the shotgun “Lawgiver” was used there was no icon shown next to the shells.

You mean the little thing above the numbers? That’s a compass, been there on assault rifles since CE

I mean, it looks and sounds cool, but I can’t really pin down why it would be used.

Most games use a silencer as a way to avoid showing up on the minimap, and whilst that would still be a useful trait for Halo, the minimap is, and always has been, a motion sensor, so firing your weapons shouldn’t ping you on the map, anyway.

Just seems like something that will be used in Forge/Custom games rather than anything else, especially when you have scopes and laser sights available.

> 2533274815711361;13:
> Any idea what the icon next to the magazine indicator means when he’s using the silenced AR?
>
> When the shotgun “Lawgiver” was used there was no icon shown next to the shells.

That just shows what attachment you are using.

The loadout weapons use attachments, like scopes, laser sights and suppressors, whereas the shotgun, comes in tiers, not attachments.

> 2533274803432205;16:
> > 2533274815711361;13:
> > Any idea what the icon next to the magazine indicator means when he’s using the silenced AR?
> >
> > When the shotgun “Lawgiver” was used there was no icon shown next to the shells.
>
>
> That just shows what attachment you are using.
>
> The loadout weapons use attachments, like scopes, laser sights and suppressors, whereas the shotgun, comes in tiers, not attachments.

Oh, I didn’t understand what he was asking, so yea, my comment is wrong. Haha

This was painful to watch.

The real highlight of this video, is when he let someone board his Wraith, then ran over his fleeing teammate before the grenade took him out…

I enjoy the sound, might use it as a cosmetic thing but i can’t see it giving that much of a advantage.