I Knew There Was a Reason I Stopped Posting

I decided to pop back in after a pretty lengthy absence from Waypoint, just to see what the good ol’ Halo 4 forum was talking about these days. What with all the information released, I was simply curious to see what was up.

And I promptly remembered why I stopped posting/checking this site.

You all are arguing about the same -Yoink- you were arguing about a month ago. And a month before that. And pretty much since we learned our first details about Halo 4. Armor abilities are in Halo 4. Loadouts are in Halo 4. PERKS are in Halo 4. Everything you’ve seen so far IS IN HALO 4.*
By god you’d think some of you would get that by now. No amount of complaining or discussion or any of that rubbish will change what’s in the game. No, your thread about AAs ruining Halo will not get AAs to go away. YET ANOTHER THREAD about perks is neither helpful NOR productive and will most certainly NOT make 343 think twice about them.
343’s community staff does care about your feedback, but they sure as -Yoink- aren’t going to modify a game this late in development just because some forum-goers got their jimmies rustled.
Now, I have seen some stupidly intelligent posts suggesting the following: Let’s all just shut up until launch, and if you choose to buy the game, THEN talk to 343 about changes. If there’s a classic playlist…-Yoinking!- PLAY IT (Unlike the current No-bloom and Classic playlists you all begged for and never play).
Stick to your damn guns, commit to your principles…And be PRACTICAL. Your 500-page dissertation about how Perks and Loadouts ruin the Halo formula are not -Yoinking!- valid until the game is in your hands. Then, and only then, will your opinion be relevant to both the forum at large and the developers you so readily slag off.
So, by all means write a bible on how 343 is the worst developer in the world, and how the sky will LITERALLY FALL DOWN IN PIECES because they took some cues from CoD (Which I SWEAR you guys think stands for Call of the Devil)…
But save that -Yoink- for November.

Yeah! I… I think…

Welcome back to Waypoint!

> Welcome back to Waypoint!

poop noise

> > Welcome back to Waypoint!
>
> poop noise

What, you don’t want me to welcome you back?
What!?

Jumps into a well

People mistake these forums as journalism, in where your word will reach and influence the masses. It astounds me how many people are directing 343 to remove features they don’t like despite 3 years of development. Its as if this forum is currently occupied by the largest number of psychics in a single community as everyone declares features to be broken or unbalanced. Its these same psychics that lack the generosity to tell us what is actually good in the game since they are so familiar with it.

These forums do serve their purpose in giving 343 ideas and feedback, but that’s the extent of what they take from it. They don’t take orders and by god they aren’t going to mold the game based on a single thread. Although there are some majority opinions that are raised from time to time that do need to be addressed, these opinions are never without a subsequent 50 threads all saying the same thing.

Its in my opinion that the notion of actually waiting for the game’s release before berating every little detail actually scares to tinkle out of most of these posters.

This the -Yoink!- best return thread ever. 'Nuff said.

So, the only reason why you came back was to write a complaint thread about the state of the forums and how much complaining there is and how little that complaining matters. Not only is that hypocritical and detrimental to what you are trying to get across, but it also isn’t completely true. I can write a text about the detrimental effects of loadouts to the Halo formula and that text most certainly is as valid as a text written after the release of Halo 4. The only difference here is that after the release of Halo 4, these detrimentalities are seen in practice.

Might I also say that the attitude you chose to come to the forums with was the wrong attitude. We are aware of that these forums have problems, but you are not helping those problems by coming to shout at us how wrong you think we are doing things. So please, don’t return to these forums until you find a bit nicer and a bit more polite attitude.

Sorry people care about the game.

Hell even in an im back post you can start an argument, I see why your back, heck you belong here.

Back to halocouncil.com now.

You’re worse than those who come here to discuss the game. You’re just complaining…about complainers. If you don’t like the topics of discussion here, why didn’t you do the logical thing and just not post yet another thread complaining about complainers? Nothing is forcing you to post here.

Good day.

…I think I love this guy.

Applause.gif

Time Glitch, you’ve said what has been on so many minds.

And on the opposite side of the abyss, we have the equally annoying people who praise and defend 343 (and previously Bungie) literally no matter what they do, which is just as counter productive as anything you said.

> And on the opposite side of the abyss, we have the equally annoying people who praise and defend 343 (and previously Bungie) literally no matter what they do, which is just as counter productive as anything you said.

This. Complainer complaint threads and blind praise threads are less productive than actual complaint threads.

I can see why you would feel the way you do OP, these forums are to busy trashing on stuff that has no real value (gun aesthetics, FP assassinations, forge) or they complain about stuff they KNOW will be in halo 4 (AA’s, perks, kill streak rewards, custom loadouts) regardless of how much they complain about it.

I know how passionate these people are about halo because I’m one of them, but to sit around and nitpick over stupid stuff and start flamewars for no justifiable reason, well that’s just flat out frivolous and really needs to come to an end.

OP I’ve said this many times before but I’ll say it again; the only thing worse than people who complain are those you complain about people who complain.

bottom line-try to say something a little more important than “look at all these people complaining, this is why I haven’t been on the forums”

Which is why I’ve been popping into halo 4 forums a lot lesser. I rather go to different forums on here (here as in Waypoint) than give my input to multiple threads that are a rehash from months. It’s just the same damn conservatives that wont move on…

What’s funny, is that people feed their threads until it’s like 5 pages. I’m sitting out of this crappy cycle.

> Which is why I’ve been popping into halo 4 forums a lot lesser. I rather go to different forums on here than give my input to multiple threads that are a rehash from months. It’s just the same damn conservatives that wont move on…
>
> What’s funny, is that people feed their threads until it’s like 5 pages. I’m sitting out of this crappy cycle.

other forums aren’t any better, seriously all you see in the EGF is people whining and crying over sawed-offs and retro lancers like its a -yoink!- religion or something.

even though this forum isn’t perfect, its still not the worst by any means.

> > Which is why I’ve been popping into halo 4 forums a lot lesser. I rather go to different forums on here than give my input to multiple threads that are a rehash from months. It’s just the same damn conservatives that wont move on…
> >
> > What’s funny, is that people feed their threads until it’s like 5 pages. I’m sitting out of this crappy cycle.
>
> other forums aren’t any better, seriously all you see in the EGF is people whining and crying over sawed-offs and retro lancers like its a -yoink!- religion or something.
>
> even though this forum isn’t perfect, its still not the worst by any means.

I meant other forums on this site.

> I decided to pop back in after a pretty lengthy absence from Waypoint, just to see what the good ol’ Halo 4 forum was talking about these days. What with all the information released, I was simply curious to see what was up.
>
> And I promptly remembered why I stopped posting/checking this site.
>
> You all are arguing about the same Yoink! you were arguing about a month ago. And a month before that. And pretty much since we learned our first details about Halo 4. Armor abilities are in Halo 4. Loadouts are in Halo 4. PERKS are in Halo 4. Everything you’ve seen so far IS IN HALO 4.*
> By god you’d think some of you would get that by now. No amount of complaining or discussion or any of that rubbish will change what’s in the game. No, your thread about AAs ruining Halo will not get AAs to go away. YET ANOTHER THREAD about perks is neither helpful NOR productive and will most certainly NOT make 343 think twice about them.
> 343’s community staff does care about your feedback, but they sure as Yoink! aren’t going to modify a game this late in development just because some forum-goers got their jimmies rustled.
> Now, I have seen some stupidly intelligent posts suggesting the following: Let’s all just shut up until launch, and if you choose to buy the game, THEN talk to 343 about changes. If there’s a classic playlist…-Yoinking!- PLAY IT (Unlike the current No-bloom and Classic playlists you all begged for and never play).
> Stick to your damn guns, commit to your principles…And be PRACTICAL. Your 500-page dissertation about how Perks and Loadouts ruin the Halo formula are not -Yoinking!- valid until the game is in your hands. Then, and only then, will your opinion be relevant to both the forum at large and the developers you so readily slag off.
> So, by all means write a bible on how 343 is the worst developer in the world, and how the sky will LITERALLY FALL DOWN IN PIECES because they took some cues from CoD (Which I SWEAR you guys think stands for Call of the Devil)…
> But save that Yoink! for November.
[/quote]
You are right. People post stupid things. I have seen somany threads about the quality of the game. Threads like "OMG halo is perfect, best game ever, or Halo is cod, sucks, are tottaly childish and i hate them. Also there are some posts lately, in which the guy that posted them thinks he is a programmer, with decades of experience and practise and posts something like " The solution to Active Camo, or THE ONLY WAY to balance PV. I mean, ok you can post your opinion, tht’s the reason of the forums, but come on, just be logical…

> And on the opposite side of the abyss, we have the equally annoying people who praise and defend 343 (and previously Bungie) literally no matter what they do, which is just as counter productive as anything you said.

In my opinion everyone who makes threads like “Halo 4 will suck, halo is finished” or Halo is going to be super perfect" are in the same category. The only difference is that the second guy is negative about the game, while the first got his legs in the air…