I knew it!

During the weapon tuning live stream, was anyone else wondering, “why does the thruster pack seem more useful”?

In the quite recent bulletin, we were informed that the base player speed has been increased to 110% to increase the pace of the game.

Do you know what that extra 10% does to the thruster pack? It adds a whole new layer of strategy. In my “Head to Head” game variants (1v1), I made the base player speed 110% and it did wonders to the thruster pack. You can use it to get to other parts of the map more easily and you can dodge things a lot better.

We wanted a thruster pack buff and now we’ve got it.

Discuss and jump with joy.

I hope you are right. I do like the thruster pack.

Because when Ninja used the thruster pack, the speed was at 110% because of weapon tuning.

I was damn sure he was thrusting farther.

TIME TO TAKE THE DUST OFF THIS MEAT CLEAVER IT’S BEEN FAR TO LONG

> During the weapon tuning live stream, was anyone else wondering, “why does the thruster pack seem more useful”?
>
> In the quite recent bulletin, we were informed that the base player speed has been increased to 110% to increase the pace of the game.
>
> Do you know what that extra 10% does to the thruster pack? It adds a whole new layer of strategy. In my “Head to Head” game variants (1v1), I made the base player speed 110% and it did wonders to the thruster pack. You can use it to get to other parts of the map more easily and you can dodge things a lot better.
>
> We wanted a thruster pack buff and now we’ve got it.
>
> Discuss and <mark>jump</mark> with joy.

Thrust with joy* :slight_smile:

Thruster Pack buff! Awesome!

The thruster pack would be cool except for the asinine shift into 3rd-person every time you use it.

I can’t stand the thing.

So THAT’S why the Thruster Pack works really well with Flood, but less so with Spartans. I was wondering about that. Cool! I simply can’t wait. I hope I can make it to the playdate on Monday, but that’s pretty iffy.

Looks like I’m going to switch from using Hologram to thruster pack.

The TP was my first viable AA option in Matchmaking. Now with this and the Carbine’s buff, I’ll be even more enabled!

Unfortunately there won’t be a population left to use it against.

> The TP was my first viable AA option in Matchmaking. Now with this and the Carbine’s buff, I’ll be even more enabled!

Yeah, it’s an awesome AA. It requires the most skill in my opinion.

I hope we see some side by side videos once this goes live. I am curious to see the differences in real time.

> During the weapon tuning live stream, was anyone else wondering, “why does the thruster pack seem more useful”?
>
> In the quite recent bulletin, we were informed that the base player speed has been increased to 110% to increase the pace of the game.

Does anyone else the pace of games are bad already?

I don’t think speeding up players will even help that. Little off topic about thrusters but this is the first I’ve heard of the player speed inc.

> Unfortunately there won’t be a population left to use it against.

Get outta here, 30,000 allows for more than enough suckers in my game for me to use it against!

So that’s why the flood thruster pack is so good.

good for us, now the thruster pack is as good as all the others.

> > During the weapon tuning live stream, was anyone else wondering, “why does the thruster pack seem more useful”?
> >
> > In the quite recent bulletin, we were informed that the base player speed has been increased to 110% to increase the pace of the game.
>
> Does anyone else the pace of games are bad already?
>
> I don’t think speeding up players will even help that. Little off topic about thrusters but this is the first I’ve heard of the player speed inc.

From my experience this is the slowest Halo game yet, only when using the DMR are the kill times exceptable

> From my experience this is the slowest Halo game yet, only when using the DMR are the kill times exceptable

You think? I think it’s way to fast. But that’s probably because most people just slap instant respawn, charge with stickies and repeat.

Maybe with fixed respawns I wouldn’t think it’s too fast but for now something makes the games a mess of chaos.

> > From my experience this is the slowest Halo game yet, only when using the DMR are the kill times exceptable
>
> You think? I think it’s way to fast. But that’s probably because most people just slap instant respawn, charge with stickies and repeat.
>
> Maybe with fixed respawns I wouldn’t think it’s too fast but for now something makes the games a mess of chaos.

Oh yes, minus the instant respawns haha.

I tend to stick to playlists without those

> Oh yes, minus the instant respawns haha.
>
> I tend to stick to playlists without those

My favorite playlist has been Action Sack and 4’s is ok but instant respawns are there so I’m kind of stuck with it.

But at least it feels like even fighting in it. I’d play more throwdown but usually my party friends don’t want to play that lol.