I keep getting kicked and now I'm banned?

Guys & Gals,

I have a solid internet connection (20 down, 5 up) and I just got dropped from my fifth match today. I have no problem playing any other games, only this one-- I have an open nat type as well? Now I’ve been slapped with a ban :(. I want to love and play this game, but I keep getting kicked. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, I would appreciate any advice on how to solve this…I’ve already tried hard resetting.

• splitsand

EDIT: Just got kicked AGAIN in, but in warzone this time. I have full connection to xbox live and my party chat doesn’t go down! What the hell 343i?!

EDIT 2: Thanks for the tips friends! I’ll be home later to try them out-- I hate when real life interferes!

I’d contact your provider. 20 down and 5 up is generally the lowest speed on offer, upgrades are usually 50/50 and 75/75 ( talking from Eastern US). Chances are you aren’t receiving your 20 mb/s though, make sure you’re actually at that speed.

> 2552709967384648;2:
> I’d contact your provider. 20 down and 5 up is generally the lowest speed on offer, upgrades are usually 50/50 and 75/75 ( talking from Eastern US). Chances are you aren’t receiving your 20 mb/s though, make sure you’re actually at that speed.

My internet is fine, It works for every other game (Destiny, cod, gears, etc) I NEVER, NEVER get kicked from any other game. It’s just this game in particular. Not on my end…

EDIT: I run speed tests all the time – kinda OCD about it and my connection is always fine.

20 down and 5 up is the bare minimum for high speed internet nowadays. That’s also assuming you get zero interference or loss of bandwidth

> 2631791032248637;4:
> 20 down and 5 up is the bare minimum for high speed internet nowadays. That’s also assuming you get zero interference or loss of bandwidth

I have no idea where you live, but that is not the bare minimum in any of the places I’ve lived. That’s the second highest speed I can get in my area and I pay way to much for it. Once again, the internet is not the problem every thing else works fine (other games, streaming videos…)

> 2552709967384648;2:
> I’d contact your provider. 20 down and 5 up is generally the lowest speed on offer, upgrades are usually 50/50 and 75/75 ( talking from Eastern US). Chances are you aren’t receiving your 20 mb/s though, make sure you’re actually at that speed.

And if you’d like to pay my bill I’d be more than happy to. But, to upgrade internet for one game is a little dumb. Might have to go back to destiny where servers actually work.

That speed isn’t even offered for me in CA. Sorry man, I would agree with internet speed. New game may need faster connection than the other games you mentioned…

> 2533274908390198;7:
> That speed isn’t even offered for me in CA. Sorry man, I would agree with internet speed. New game may need faster connection than the other games you mentioned…

My internet is 100% not the problem. Tons of people are complaining about this. I just wanted to see if there was any kind of fix…guess not.

It 343i game match making coding i bet. If Halo 5 never had a quit ban in the game we would never have all this thread about broken quit ban program that should never been put in Halo 5 game. Like for example if i quit out in game for some reason in any other game i will never get ban from playing any other game, but in Halo 5 you could get ban for not wanting to playing a game match because some reason like 1 vs 4 or your getting spawn kill over and over again for 10min in match you know you going to lose and your k/d going -27.0 in a game you not want to play in match that make you mad or feel bad so you quit and now you ban because 343i don’t want you leave a match and start a new game match that you will do good with a good team and get high k/d and win the game match that make feel good playing Halo 5 game. So by have Quit ban in Halo 5 gamer will stop playing Halo 5 and go do something other like go put in a different game or go on internet and make a thread on halowaypoint about why i am ban from playing Halo 5. You know the biggest problem is that 343i is never going to remove the quit ban program in Halo 5 because everyone you halo fanboy get mad when someone quit in a halo game that you know suck really bad like getting spawn kill or starting a game with 1 vs 8 and many other reason. I believe the reason most time gamer get ban is not from crap internet, but from crap quit ban code that 343i made that can’t tell different when someone is quit or still playing the match in Halo 5.

The quit system is very valid for a ranked arena game, its competitive, bans should be in place… We just need some casual playlists too, that’s the problem here… Multi team would be good… Plus its definitely server side not OP internet

I can vouch for OP. My internet speed is around the same (30 up/4 down if I recall as i’m at the work place at the moment) yet I have no issues with getting kicked out of any games. Central zone here.

Also I call bull on requiring higher speeds for more recent games. I’ve had the same internet for years and see no difference in online play on H5 compared to games such as WoW or GTA 5.

I know some of the southern us (I think) servers seem to be playing up at the moment… Is this a long term thing, longer than a few days?

> 2533275021925065;10:
> The quit system is very valid for a ranked arena game, its competitive, bans should be in place… We just need some casual playlists too, that’s the problem here… Multi team would be good… Plus its definitely server side not OP internet

I agree ranked should have bans. I’m not upset about bans, just that I got banned for something I can’t control :frowning:

it might not even be you’re internet speed per say, but it could be a local traffic issue or isp throttling. I’m going to really hope you aren’t wireless as that’s a whole issue of it’s own. have you tried bypassing your router and right to your modem?(it could be an older firmware version or old router causing problems). what sort of latency are you getting?(this can be as bad as poor speed). It could also be a port forwarding issue - even though the nat appears open, certain ports might be the issue (i had this problem with gears 2 and 3 where port setting made the server think my nat was restricted)

> 2533274801548550;13:
> > 2533275021925065;10:
> > The quit system is very valid for a ranked arena game, its competitive, bans should be in place… We just need some casual playlists too, that’s the problem here… Multi team would be good… Plus its definitely server side not OP internet
>
>
> I agree ranked should have bans. I’m not upset about bans, just that I got banned for something I can’t control :frowning:

Sorry wasn’t having a dig at you :wink: have you tried a pingtest.net

Could be the router…Just throwing out ideas

> 2533275021925065;15:
> > 2533274801548550;13:
> > > 2533275021925065;10:
> > > The quit system is very valid for a ranked arena game, its competitive, bans should be in place… We just need some casual playlists too, that’s the problem here… Multi team would be good… Plus its definitely server side not OP internet
> >
> >
> > I agree ranked should have bans. I’m not upset about bans, just that I got banned for something I can’t control :frowning:
>
>
> Sorry wasn’t having a dig at you :wink: have you tried a pingtest.net

No worries man, just tried pingtest and I got an A-. with 19ms and 9ms.

There is no way it is your internet with that… Did you get any packet loss??

A couple of things to try:

https://m.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3rkga9/343i_i_am_almost_positive_that_the_twc_halo_5_lag/

https://m.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3rq4x4/a_method_that_fixed_my_lag_issues_in_halo_5_ymmv/

One of the monitors was having a similar issue, and the 2nd link helped diagnose and fix his issue.

> 2533274801548550;17:
> > 2533275021925065;15:
> > > 2533274801548550;13:
> > > > 2533275021925065;10:
> > > > The quit system is very valid for a ranked arena game, its competitive, bans should be in place… We just need some casual playlists too, that’s the problem here… Multi team would be good… Plus its definitely server side not OP internet
> > >
> > >
> > > I agree ranked should have bans. I’m not upset about bans, just that I got banned for something I can’t control :frowning:
> >
> >
> > Sorry wasn’t having a dig at you :wink: have you tried a pingtest.net
>
>
> No worries man, just tried pingtest and I got an A-. with 19ms and 9ms.

Any jitter to speak of?