I keep getting a message saying profile sync error

All my armour and rank is gone and I can’t connect to any game please can someone help

Try a cold reset of your Xbox One by holding the power button for 10 seconds to clear the game cache and also reset Alternate MAC Address in system network settings on your Xbox One to clear the network cache.

> 2533274884447055;2:
> Try a cold reset of your Xbox One by holding the power button for 10 seconds to clear the game cache and also reset Alternate MAC Address in system network settings on your Xbox One to clear the network cache.

How can I contact 343?

You can’t directly contact them. This forum is the closest you will get. This is a community based forum, where 343 Industries do check the posts occasionally acknowledging some issues (as far as I can tell).

> 2533274884447055;4:
> You can’t directly contact them. This forum is the closest you will get. This is a community based forum, where 343 Industries do check the posts occasionally acknowledging some issues (as far as I can tell).

Oh ok how could I fix this issue

About the profile sync error because I couldn’t find the thing you said in settings

What could I do to fix this please reply

> 2533274882547183;6:
> About the profile sync error because I couldn’t find the thing you said in settings

It’s under advanced settings in the network settings (they may have renamed it slightly since the last update).

If those general troubleshooting steps don’t work, then there is not much else you can do. I guess you could delete your profile and redownload it to see if that helps too.

Thank you soooooooo much it has worked after I reset the mac thanks for your help really appreciate it

I have the same problem, but I can play 3 or 4 games until the game say that a error ocurred. What can i do? Every time I play, the same thing happen, so I turn off my xbox and
then I restart the game until the same thing happen and I do the restart over and over again

Ima try it tomorrow after shcool

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks