i just want to know

IF this seems like a perfectly reasonable way to handle this split

> There is Absolutely now reason why they COULDN’T have am middle ground for both player lets face it competitive is on a small fraction of the “gamers” that will be buying to to these games you look at halo there are those who have always hated halo, then there those who only like either halo CE, 2, 3, ODST, or Reach, then there’s those who know nothing about halo, then there are those who are social, then there’s the MLG, then just normal competitive.
>
> There’s a split between the two. They have already created games that focus on competitive play (Halo 2, 3) and though they did well $ wise and sales(seeing as it was the Peaks of halo popularity) but as for the Competitiveness, there was a huge split between casual which figuratively would have been either 50/50% or more likely 40/6% halo 3 was terrible for casual player which is why Bungie which to focus on a more casual play style in Reach(failed because they didn’t get the right balance)
>
> But there is an obviously a split between casual and competitive and at this point in time lets face it there are more casual players on the market then competitive player. Even the word casual lends to the every day gamer people who just want to sit down and play and have fun who don’t want to focus on wins or loses thigh might be detrimental to there ranking. Now i know they already tried to focus on the Casual and failed but only because they didn’t keep the game play and multiplayer mechanics engaging enough.
>
> That being said, I think they have the power and the ability to focus on both. implement a duel ranking system, one for competitive and ranks matching using all those playlist and game type associated with Competitive play, And the other focusing on casual play fun unranked casual playlists and game types associated for the casual players, with both using something similar to the credits and achievements for unlocking armor and effects, and both being able to cross over so for those who don’t like Casual can compete and for those who don’t want to compete can just play for fun this isn’t really that difficult or a big issue and would make both parties happy.

> My point is that casual player doing get any satisfaction for playing in casual playlist they want to be rewarded with stuff just like competitive and see as alot of casual player are they best there standing in competitive is low so they don’t end up succeeding and so they stop play a game the don’t feel like there succeeding in. Now i say still have a ranking system that allows player to rank up in competitive to how how well the play and how good they are. But also allow casual player to rank up in there casual play list. So the best way to do this would have a duel ranking system for both ranked and casual.

now who agrees
I see Absolutely no conflicts of interest in this hypothesis.
Edit:
This could definitely be plausible in Halo 4 and could be the best of both world and help prolong halo as a franchise and keep all types of player into this game

I dont really think this belongs here but then again I really dont now how to define this

> I dont really think this belongs here but then again I really dont now how to define this

Fixed it i meant this to be focused in halo 4 this is a very feasible way to gain players of all types and keep both types playing the game.

halo 2 = a game for competitive gamer = golden time of halo
halo 3 = a game for competitive gamer = golden time too,most copies sold
reach = a game for casual gamer = amount of players dropped drastically

make a ranked playlist for competitive gamer and a social playlist for casual gamer,like h3 was

> > > > The TU is aimed at competitive gamers and it’s slowly taking over Reach, what does that tell you?
> > >
> > > That 343 basically lied through their teeth to casual players while catering to a vocal minority on the forums.
> > >
> > > I want to be wrong. I desperately want to be wrong. But I’m prepared for H4 to be nothing but a golden idol to competitive players and to just drop the franchise.
> >
> > it would be genius,it would not drop the franchise,look at reach and the other halo games
> >
> > halo 2 = a game for competitive gamer = golden time of halo
> > halo 3 = a game for competitive gamer = golden time too,most copies sold
> > reach = a game for casual gamer = amount of players dropped drastically
>
> But that is skewed by the fact the the popularity of the game was high because it was new and different these two things are not necessarily tied to each other.
>
> Halo 2 = brand new game something different every one wanted check it out(multiplayer was new and interesting but fans to this day argue, at whether it was implemented correctly and there still a slip between casual and competitive player)
>
> Halo 3 = after the success of halo2 people bought in to the franchise not only for the multiplayer but for the fabulous campaign as well (but even more casual player started leaving focusing on other game like CoD, because there greater focus to both to competitive and casual sides coexisted)
>
> Halo reach = the fall of popularity, two game after the initial core game story arch, and after back last bungie focused on casual style failing at implementing a proper balance and a lower entertainment value.
>
> That doesn’t mean the switch to casual didn’t add to the failing of Reach but not just because it was focus on casual but because it was implemented wrong.
>
>
> But if they focused on both this would not be and issue.

> halo 2 = a game for competitive gamer = golden time of halo
> halo 3 = a game for competitive gamer = golden time too,most copies sold
> reach = a game for casual gamer = amount of players dropped drastically
>
> make a ranked playlist for competitive gamer and a social playlist for casual gamer,like h3 was

Well prior to popular belief that most people on halo are competitive, the truth is most gamers are casuals. Now there are ways to make MM work for competitive players again but you will have to accept some of the things if you want it to go back to competitive play while still bringing in the majorities which are casuals. This can be divided up into 2 parts: casual and competitive.

Casuals: make theatre mode easier to upload vids so you can get it on YouTube so you can share with your friends and rest of world. Because that is unfortunately one of the smart things cod is doing. If you know anything about advertising you know seeing something so many times will get you to buy it even though you don’t want it or need it next thing you know you bought it. cod vids on YouTube outnumber halo, gow, and bf videos combined. reason being is that it’s so easy to upload videos now on cod that people at home see videos like this when they are on YouTube and next thing they now they are buying mw3 preused because it looks like fun. Halo players want to share amazing moments with the rest of the world and so this is indirectly going to help halo 4 keep selling after release date. 2nd is they need to nerfed banhammers. All banhammers should now be only if you hack in MM. anything like AFK you just get kicked, no punishment. You quit, and then you get replaced with a bot with afkers too same thing. And if it’s somehow an extreme boosting method someone found that is largely affecting negative gameplay then the only way he is going to get punished is you need to film it and submit to 343 like what Epic does with GOW3 and with theatre mode that will be easy. And there is no way to be perma banned. Or they need to keep the 3 strike policy but if you are on good behavior you go down a strike every 3 or 4 months you don’t boost. So if you are at strike 2 then if you go 8 months without boosting you will be back to 0.

Competitive: now I know this may feel like mostly a reward for casuals but it’s to help out competitive players. Bring back 1-50 rank with halo 2 style and have both a ranked and casual playlist with the tactical playlist (which is game types where everyone is required to have mics and no party chat). And that will solve most of the problems because a progressive system is indeed for more casual gamers while a true skill level system is competitive. Now here is the part you won’t like but it will fix the BS and stop casuals ruining the game for you. No one gets to see your level unless you are in a playlist MM so that way it’s no reward for being a 50 if you aren’t going to have to play it. Also no more MM achievements, no more commendations, challenges, and no more special rewards for playing MM. People have gotten selfish and think spending no life on MM thinks they need to be rewarded for it to brag to other players with special armor. We all know no one would want to go to inheritor if there was no armor piece at the end. You get level 50 then that is your reward. All of this will solve the large majority of BS that goes on in game because people want to get those cheevos and armors and so forth or buy lvl 50s in H3 and act like they are pro but won’t play it because truth is most people bought theirs. Players under the age of 12 were the majority of level 50 players but they all bought theirs from some guy that got MSP out of it because they are boosters. When the majority are level 50 are under the age of 12 that should say a lot about its giving too much of a bragging right. The level system was made to find people the same skill so you had even games. Not to get to 50 and say “I’m done”.

I know you may not like it but it’s the truth.

Just to add to that list Fergus, casuals also want a far more powerful forge with terrain editing and other various advanced options and tweaks. Some people may not believe this but there are people out there who enjoy nothing more than to make incredible maps and mini-games, people like darth human, who create absolute master pieces. Anyone who have played custom games have likely come across one of his/her creations (don’t know, don’t want to offend). It would also solve all the complaints of “bland forgeworld maps”. Also an evolution of firefight is in order.

> Just to add to that list Fergus, casuals also want a far more powerful forge with terrain editing and other various advanced options and tweaks. Some people may not believe this but there are people out there who enjoy nothing more than to make incredible maps and mini-games, people like darth human, who create absolute master pieces. Anyone who have played custom games have likely come across one of his/her creations (don’t know, don’t want to offend). It would also solve all the complaints of “bland forgeworld maps”. Also an evolution of firefight is in order.

ya problem is most people on the forums are competitive 9/10 and dont care about forge anymore while on the actual game 3/4 are infact casual players. thats why all polls should be done on halo reach where it matters if 343 wants accurate polls.

Casuals will play it regardless.

> Casuals will play it regardless.

that is false. casuals have been leaving reach. yet competitive players come to play the most casual game ever made… cod. so it can work vice versa