I just want the reach EOD helmet in halo Infinite

I love the helmet and I will cry if it’s not in infinite, any helmets that anyone can’t part with let me know in the thread.

Frankly, I kind of expect it, whether or not its at launch. Its been in every mainline FPS game since 3 in varying forms, whether it be there since the beginning or it returned as apart of some helmet pack. So chances are, you’re probably in luck for EOD to return, maybe even in its classic form from 3, given the effort to try and make a more classic art style. Though I personally prefer the Reach style EOD, either model returning I wouldn’t mind.

I could never part with Mark V or C.I.O. I hope both appear in Infinite. Maybe they could even put a little bit of a classic spin on the C.I.O, making it something more like Gungnir but with three little circles instead of one. But I won’t die if they don’t show up.

Well, I’d die a little.

Personal favorite helmet has always been the Mk VI. One that I do not want to part with would probably be the Hayabusa and the Achilles. Those helmets looked cool and meant something when you wore them:

1. Hayabusa: finding skulls/achievements
  2. Achilles: Spartan Company commendations

What I want is two diffrent versions of the EOD helmet, one would be the classic reach helmet, and the other would have the halo 3 visor along with the halo reach style helmet. I just think that would look really good because I prefer the halo 3 visor than the halo reach.

I prefer the Halo 3 EOD helmet, and always been a fan of the EOD helmet in general. The EOD helmet looks pretty cool in Reach, and I even like the Halo 4 variant as well.

H3 EOD

> 2533274866906624;3:
> Personal favorite helmet has always been the Mk VI. One that I do not want to part with would probably be the Hayabusa and the Achilles. Those helmets looked cool and meant something when you wore them:
>
> 1) Hayabusa: finding skulls/achievements
> 2) Achilles: Spartan Company commendations

Hayabusa much likely will never return since it was part of a deal between Team Ninja/Bungie back in the days.
You’ll have to part with that.

> 2533274886490718;6:
> > 2533274866906624;3:
> > Personal favorite helmet has always been the Mk VI. One that I do not want to part with would probably be the Hayabusa and the Achilles. Those helmets looked cool and meant something when you wore them:
> >
> > 1) Hayabusa: finding skulls/achievements
> > 2) Achilles: Spartan Company commendations
>
> Hayabusa much likely will never return since it was part of a deal between Team Ninja/Bungie back in the days.
> You’ll have to part with that.

Never part :wink:, 343 could get creative and bring it back in one way or anther. The question is do they have the willpower to. A rename with an Easter egg :egg: would suffice with similar halo: infinite redesign. Anything is possible. :+1:

> 2533274886490718;6:
> > 2533274866906624;3:
> > Personal favorite helmet has always been the Mk VI. One that I do not want to part with would probably be the Hayabusa and the Achilles. Those helmets looked cool and meant something when you wore them:
> >
> > 1) Hayabusa: finding skulls/achievements
> > 2) Achilles: Spartan Company commendations
>
> Hayabusa much likely will never return since it was part of a deal between Team Ninja/Bungie back in the days.
> You’ll have to part with that.

So sadd :frowning:

> 2533274866906624;7:
> > 2533274886490718;6:
> > > 2533274866906624;3:
> > > Personal favorite helmet has always been the Mk VI. One that I do not want to part with would probably be the Hayabusa and the Achilles. Those helmets looked cool and meant something when you wore them:
> > >
> > > 1) Hayabusa: finding skulls/achievements
> > > 2) Achilles: Spartan Company commendations
> >
> > Hayabusa much likely will never return since it was part of a deal between Team Ninja/Bungie back in the days.
> > You’ll have to part with that.
>
> Never part :wink:, 343 could get creative and bring it back in one way or anther. The question is do they have the willpower to. A rename with an Easter egg :egg: would suffice with similar halo: infinite redesign. Anything is possible. :+1:

It would take more than willpower, a new name and a slight redesign to be able to include it. The design itself is owned and trademarked by Team Ninja, and Bungie were given special permission to use as a cross-promotion with the then-upcoming Ninja Gaiden 2. This deal does not extend to 343 Industries or Microsoft. If 343 wanted to include it, they would need to independently ask both Team Ninja AND Koei Tecmo to use anything that closely resembled Ryu Hayabusa’s helmet or armour, and both Team Ninja and KT would need to consent.

And again, this is IF 343 wanted to go to all that trouble. Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin suffered a fate similar to the scenario above. The song wasn’t included in H2A because Breaking Benjamin were in the middle of a messy breakup (insert joke/pun here), with the band members suing each other over who owned what songs, with Blow Me Away being at the forefront of the battle. Obviously, since the MCC was already being rushed for Halo 2’s 10th anniversary, neither Microsoft nor 343 wanted to jump into the legal mosh pit, so they left the song out.

Sorry to say, but while it’s possible, it is extremely unlikely, especially given how Ninja Gaiden has been in hibernation for almost 7 years now, and the most recent game wasn’t even made by Team Ninja (that game also sucked hard).

ODST helmet for me. 343i said they were bringing back all armour so I wouldn’t worry about it.

> 2533274892901745;9:
> > 2533274866906624;7:
> > > 2533274886490718;6:
> > > > 2533274866906624;3:
> > > > Personal favorite helmet has always been the Mk VI. One that I do not want to part with would probably be the Hayabusa and the Achilles. Those helmets looked cool and meant something when you wore them:
> > > >
> > > > 1) Hayabusa: finding skulls/achievements
> > > > 2) Achilles: Spartan Company commendations
> > >
> > > Hayabusa much likely will never return since it was part of a deal between Team Ninja/Bungie back in the days.
> > > You’ll have to part with that.
> >
> > Never part :wink:, 343 could get creative and bring it back in one way or anther. The question is do they have the willpower to. A rename with an Easter egg :egg: would suffice with similar halo: infinite redesign. Anything is possible. :+1:
>
> It would take more than willpower, a new name and a slight redesign to be able to include it. The design itself is owned and trademarked by Team Ninja, and Bungie were given special permission to use as a cross-promotion with the then-upcoming Ninja Gaiden 2. This deal does not extend to 343 Industries or Microsoft. If 343 wanted to include it, they would need to independently ask both Team Ninja AND Koei Tecmo to use anything that closely resembled Ryu Hayabusa’s helmet or armour, and both Team Ninja and KT would need to consent.
>
> And again, this is IF 343 wanted to go to all that trouble. Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin suffered a fate similar to the scenario above. The song wasn’t included in H2A because Breaking Benjamin were in the middle of a messy breakup (insert joke/pun here), with the band members suing each other over who owned what songs, with Blow Me Away being at the forefront of the battle. Obviously, since the MCC was already being rushed for Halo 2’s 10th anniversary, neither Microsoft nor 343 wanted to jump into the legal mosh pit, so they left the song out.
>
> Sorry to say, but while it’s possible, it is extremely unlikely, especially given how Ninja Gaiden has been in hibernation for almost 7 years now, and the most recent game wasn’t even made by Team Ninja (that game also sucked hard).

I am familiar with the agreement Bungie had to create the Hayabusa armor for Halo 3. That’s why I said a rename/redesign to ensure it would not infringe. I honestly doubt much would need to be changed to stay out of conflict. Truly one of the most iconic armors for Halo at this point, and would love to see it return one way or another. :wink:

I’m in the same boat but with CQB.

For me, its Security Gen 1. Was so happy it made a return in Halo 5. Its my helmet - so to speak.
That or Halo 3’s EVA.

The return of either, I would very much enjoy.

EOD helm gives me Death Trooper vibes. I love it.

https://youtu.be/eolhkv6mJDQ
Could be fake, but I hope the reach eod is in it and not just this one. It makes sense for the helmet to evolve, but this resembles very little.
It is also my favorite helmet as well.

Locus helm, preferably with the X over the front.