I just want my Halo back

Please 343. Return Halo to its former glory. I really wanna like Reach, I really do. At first it was actually kinda fun. But it just doesn’t feel like Halo. Halo 2 changed my life, it was incredible. Halo 3 was the sequel to my favorite game of all time. I played it for 3 years. I never got bored with it. It was amazing. It was my game. I loved it so much to the point that when reach was coming out I was actually sad that Halo 3 was getting replaced.

HALO CE/2/3 are all very special to me. Reach is not. I can not wait to replace reach. I will not miss it, I want it to be in the past. I don’t wanna try and save it. I don’t wanna adjust the settings. i just want it behind us. I want an actual Halo game.

A game that takes skill. A game I can spend hours in simply practicing my jumps and movements. A game with a ranking system that is not only fun, but accurately displays how good I am compared to other people. I want a game that is first and foremost a competitive experience, but has places for casual play when you just want to relax. I want a game that rewards me with its gameplay, not a carrot dangling in front of my face, or the chance of a credit jackpot. I want a game where every map is exciting and fresh and unique to Halo. Maps you couldn’t find in other games because they exist in a world unique to Halo. I want a game where I lose because I did poorly, and won because I earned it. Not because a bunch of random mechanics changed the outcome. I want a game that is there for me no matter how I feel. Whether i feel super competitive, casual, or just wanna play a bunch of customs with some buddies and socialize.

I just want my Halo back. A very simple game. Theres no need for a ranking system based on money, or a shooting system based on randomness. I realize halo needs to evolve and introduce new things. And i’m not even saying gimmicky stuff like equipment and jetpacks need to be removed. But they shouldnt replace what made Halo great. Those new additions should have there own special place. just as a competitive player needs his special place. Please 343, return Halo to its roots, this franchise deserves better than its current status.

> Please 343. Return Halo to its former glory. I really wanna like Reach, I really do. At first it was actually kinda fun. But it just doesn’t feel like Halo. Halo 2 changed my life, it was incredible. Halo 3 was the sequel to my favorite game of all time. I played it for 3 years. I never got bored with it. It was amazing. It was my game. I loved it so much to the point that when reach was coming out I was actually sad that Halo 3 was getting replaced.
>
> HALO CE/2/3 are all very special to me. Reach is not. I can not wait to replace reach. I will not miss it, I want it to be in the past. I don’t wanna try and save it. I don’t wanna adjust the settings. i just want it behind us. I want an actual Halo game.
>
> A game that takes skill. A game I can spend hours in simply practicing my jumps and movements. A game with a ranking system that is not only fun, but accurately displays how good I am compared to other people. I want a game that is first and foremost a competitive experience, but has places for casual play when you just want to relax. I want a game that rewards me with its gameplay, not a carrot dangling in front of my face, or the chance of a credit jackpot. I want a game where every map is exciting and fresh and unique to Halo. Maps you couldn’t find in other games because they exist in a world unique to Halo. I want a game where I lose because I did poorly, and won because I earned it. Not because a bunch of random mechanics changed the outcome. I want a game that is there for me no matter how I feel. Whether i feel super competitive, casual, or just wanna play a bunch of customs with some buddies and socialize.
>
>
> I just want my Halo back. A very simple game. Theres no need for a ranking system based on money, or a shooting system based on randomness. I realize halo needs to evolve and introduce new things. And i’m not even saying gimmicky stuff like equipment and jetpacks need to be removed. But they shouldnt replace what made Halo great. Those new additions should have there own special place. just as a competitive player needs his special place. Please 343, return Halo to its roots, this franchise deserves better than its current status.

OP i love you… you just went inside my head and typed everything i was thinking… please 343, BACK TO THE ROOTS!

agree

Halo needs to be Halo again.

OP, that is exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully if we have more people post these sort of things then 343 will listen. Me and my friends just want Halo 3 back.

I would love if 343 took the best of ALL the Halo games multiplayers and mixed them into one for H4. Sure, I want that H2/H3 feeling back, but I’ve come to enjoy things like AAs as well.

I think rather than making them a core element, AAs should just be an option, while the actual MM is closer to Halo 2-3. They could bring back the equipment or just make the AAs one time use pickups on the map. I want classic Halo, but not Halo 3.5 (or Reach 2 for that matter)

I want the old Halo feeling back but I also want new and fresh variety. Sure, Halo 2 was fun, but that was Halo 2. This is Halo 4. Don’t let your nostalgia glasses cloud your vision of Halo. If Halo 2 was released today, people would be complaining about everything (can you imagine the whining about things like BXR?)

I think the era of classic Halo has just passed on. Those things that made the old Halos so fun will probably just be whined about for being unbalanced and broken nowadays, and that old close knit community feeling is long gone. I’m afraid we will never be able to re live the glory days of classic Halo.

I hope a year from now, I’ll be obsessed with this franchise once more.

I will be REALLY REALLY disappointed if they go back to Halo 2/3 style without making something REALLY new. And I don’t mean new weapons or vehicles but SOMETHING MIND BLOWING!

I couldn’t agree more.

> all the right things

high fives

can i get an AMEN BRUTHA!

I’ve felt the same things. I agree completely!

Love what you said OP. Were all hoping for the best :slight_smile:

Great post, OP. Here’s to hoping that Halo 4 is a return to form and not Reach-like.

Very impressive.

I would still be playing Halo 2 MM if I could it was very close to being perfect imo.

beg some more.

> I couldn’t agree more.