I just thought of something about sprint

I’ve been a big fan of having sprint as standard in Halo 4 since I’ve first heard about it but I just thought of something. If everyone all has sprint all the time unless it was custom options then wouldn’t this make short range power weapons such as the shotgun, sword or hammer overpowered? Such weapons have always been one shot to kill within their effective range, to balance this you would have to get close to your enemy to do some damage which is easier said than done. However if you can quickly close that gap by sprinting then whats stopping people from running around the map murdering everything they see when they get an energy sword?

I know that shooting at a sprinting enemy will slow them down but I don’t know how effective that would be as we have seen little footage of that so far. We currently have a similar problem with sprinting and short range weapons in Reach but in Halo 4 sprint will be standard.

Will the slow down while getting shot really prevent this?

Thoughts?

This is why I removed sword-block removal in Reach. The sword was unstoppable. Hopefully shooting a sprinting enemy is as effective as it’s being made out to be.

But since sprint is default, couldn’t you then run away from the person chasing you with a sword, hammer, shotgun? So it would be balanced. Plus, if there is a certain amount of range you can kill them anyways, and if they are too close you would die anyways, so…

I can’t see how this can be much of a problem, unless the rest of your team are really bad noobs. The guy sprinting will slow down, it would only happen rarely and only on certain playlists and also the maps are probably going to be much more open and designed for sprint and these kind of things.

We really can’t judge the effect of the “new sprint”. If the slow-down is relatively insignificant, I can see it being an issue.

I actually think 343 added this feature in because they saw the response after the BR VidDoc. In one of the scenes, the sprinter doesn’t slow down after being shot, so hopefully this feature was added after that VidDoc was made.

How to fix
Engery Sword: Less lunge distance towards enemy
Shotgun: lower range

And like the others have said, you can sprint away and you could have a shotgun on you class

I wouldn’t worry. It’d be cool to force the swordsmen and hammer-ers to take a more stealthy and strategic approach to kills, rather than sprint around bulldozing everyone in its path.

I agree.

One (of many) things that made dislike Reach was the whole sprint double melee or
sprint sword/hammer move. It’s absolutely frustrating when this happens.

So to all you sprint double melee people, F*** YOU!

<3 :smiley:

I believe they will make a ability to counter-balance Sprint
/ o the man above- You can double melee with Sprint!?

> How to fix
> Engery Sword: Less lunge distance towards enemy
> Shotgun: lower range
>
> And like the others have said, you can sprint away and you could have a shotgun on you class

Actually you can’t have a shotgun on your class. Power weapons are not available.

> How to fix
> Engery Sword: Less lunge distance towards enemy
> Shotgun: lower range
>
> And like the others have said, you can sprint away and you could have a shotgun on you class

The shotgun already has next to no range. If anything it needs slightly more.