I just remembered why I stopped playing Big Team Battle

I had a hankering to play some Hemorrhage today, and I didn’t know why, but I figured I’d just go into Big Team Battle and find a game and play it quickly to get rid of my craving for bloody, gulchy goodness. So I did so. Right upon getting into a match, the first reason I already retired from this playlist smacked me across the face again. I didn’t recognize any of the maps available for play. Community maps abound! Ick. None of the above was successfully voted, but Utopie was in the next selection of maps. It seemed the other eight players immediately voted for it, then reason number two for my retirement from that playlist hit me across the head. I was matched against a full team, when everyone on my team was randoms. To make this even worse, the lowest rank on the enemy team was a Legend (they also had a Forerunner, a Reclaimer, and an Inheritor). This wouldn’t be so bad, except that I was the highest rank on my team, at Field Marshall (the lowest non-guest rank on my team was a Captain). In other words they were pretty clearly well-rehearsed, experienced, and at a huge advantage for the act they were about to perform on us. I’m sure you can see where this is going, with the full opposing team of high ranks voting fervently for Capture the Flag on Utopie. I certainly saw where it was going.

Well, like I said, I saw where it was going, so I tried immediately to break off and hide. I found a pretty good outcrop of rocks, and I was able to hide there for a good while. I could see from my perch my teammates were dropping like flies and then I heard the whir of the Banshee flying over my base. I noticed the Banshee was flying over my quite a few times, so I figured I would probably be found. Anyways, a number of my teammates quit around this point, and from my perch, I saw enemies taking the middle rock of the map and picking us off with DMR fire. Then they moved on top of our base, and that’s when the Banshee finally found and nailed me. I spent the remaining ~8 minutes of the game trying to escape the spawn trap, in a futile attempt to preserve my kill-death ratio. I failed to escape, obviously. It eventually became a game of activating Active Camouflage right when I spawned to extend my life ever so slightly. So here was reason number three. Spawn camping abound! I ended up with no kills and twenty-six deaths in the end. But I stuck it out…

I took a small break, disgusted with my luck at finding a fully superior team on that specific map, and regrouped in an attempt to find the apparently now much-coveted Hemorrhage. So I find another game. Once again we’re bombarded by community maps, and Abridged is chosen. I didn’t have much of a problem with it, except immediately reason number four snuffed me in the face. A teammate came up and punched me, then T-bagged when I looked at them. I ran off, but I saw a few of my teammates doing this as I did so. We were sure to lose. Then reason number five hit me. Suddenly, the host quit. We had to sit for literally around a minute to connect to a new host, but right when we got dropped back in, that host quit too, followed closely by three more teammates. All-told, we ended up waiting literally around three to five minutes for the game to find its final host; a huge and annoying lull in the mockery of a battle. I went to the bathroom and refilled my drink in the time, and when I came back, three people were remaining on my team, against their full team (two people quit their team by the end, but by then it didn’t matter much). Fun. We obviously lost.

So then I had one actual decent game of Slayer on Mt. Lam Lam, but I still wasn’t able to take it seriously. People were still just fooling around, team-shooting for fun. I always have that problem on this playlist. Plus I still didn’t know any of the maps. But I started up the playlist one more time, I finally found my coveted Hemorrhage. But then one of the stupid problems reared its head again. Right when the game started, two of the opposing team quit, and they were thus at an obvious disadvantage. So my team locked down their base with most of the Warthogs, both of the Wraiths, and quite a few Ghosts. The rest of the game consisted of them camping the inside of their base, our two Wraiths camping both entrances, and Ghosts trying to cram themselves in there like headless chickens. I pretty much sat around and didn’t do much.

All four of my games in Big Team Battle today were absolutely dreadful. Here’s the list of reasons again:

1. Too many community maps
  2. Being matched against full, higher-ranked teams almost always results in spawn-trapping
  3. Quitting happens, I swear, in almost every game I play in this playlist
  4. Nobody takes it seriously; there’s always messing around

I understand that it’s a social playlist with few implications, but sometimes I do want to just relive the glory days of Big Team and have a huge, serious in tone show down on a map I’m familiar with, where nobody quits and everybody does their part. But it seems like the only people who do that in this playlist in Reach are those dreadfully annoying spawn trappers. And thus I was reminded why I quit this in Reach. 343 Industries, please repair this playlist somehow.

Here’s a few hints to help your Big Team Battle experiences online… They’ve worked in almost every match for me so far.

Firstly, you haven’t played nearly enough Big Team Battle to get matched accurately. With that being said, you had BETTER have Skill checked on in your Search Restrictions. Using Halocharts to identify your Trueskill, this would work wonders for you. Before I hit level 45+, using Skill I never ran into a Party of more than 3. Literally NEVER once I started using it. But, as my Trueskill hovered around 45, slowly but surely teams of 4, 5, 6, 7, or even 8 started popping up much more frequently.

I say before level 45+ is that the game’s Trueskill value takes into account your Games Played as well so once you near this number, choosing Skill will actually HURT your matchmaking process. I actually run into more Full Teams while having Skill checked on because I’m up to a level 50 in that playlist.

My Trueskill value is inflated so it thinks it is much higher than it should be because of the amount of games I’ve played and won. Therefore, the raised Trueskill values of teams makes me the PERFECT match for them because of my inflated Trueskill.

Other than that issue with bad players and Full Teams, all I can say is don’t be discouraged because of griefers. People armed with internet anonymity are literally programmed to be complete d-bags. No consequences = no rules = anarchy and chaos. This happens in every gametype, especially Grifball and Living Dead so. Nothing you can do except just move on!

If there’s any playlist that needs all DLC required, it’s BTB. Having regular access to Breakpoint, Tempest, and Highlands, and eventually Timberland and some other BTB remake, would increase gameplay quality so much, as well as help keep out the morons who just betray each other all game. It would also make having a ton of community maps unnecessary, although Trident and Utopie can stick around. They should also add Incubus to the mix, that map is pretty cool.

Wayont and Abridged need to be in also.

And, you know, I have same luck as you, OP. So I just don’t take BTB seriously now. I splatter on mongoose, shoot team mates, take falcon on Abridged with team mates in it and hover over water until they get out and commit suicide…yeah.

Abridged is awful. Wayont’s not too bad, it’s just really campy. You have a shotgun, GL, and rockets right in your base, which is enormous and ridiculously easy to defend. No reason to go anywhere if it’s not CTF or bomb.

> Here’s a few hints to help your Big Team Battle experiences online… They’ve worked in almost every match for me so far.
>
> Firstly, you haven’t played nearly enough Big Team Battle to get matched accurately. With that being said, you had BETTER have Skill checked on in your Search Restrictions. Using Halocharts to identify your Trueskill, this would work wonders for you. Before I hit level 45+, using Skill I never ran into a Party of more than 3. Literally NEVER once I started using it. But, as my Trueskill hovered around 45, slowly but surely teams of 4, 5, 6, 7, or even 8 started popping up much more frequently.
>
> I say before level 45+ is that the game’s Trueskill value takes into account your Games Played as well so once you near this number, choosing Skill will actually HURT your matchmaking process. I actually run into more Full Teams while having Skill checked on because I’m up to a level 50 in that playlist.
>
> My Trueskill value is inflated so it thinks it is much higher than it should be because of the amount of games I’ve played and won. Therefore, the raised Trueskill values of teams makes me the PERFECT match for them because of my inflated Trueskill.
>
> Other than that issue with bad players and Full Teams, all I can say is don’t be discouraged because of griefers. People armed with internet anonymity are literally programmed to be complete d-bags. No consequences = no rules = anarchy and chaos. This happens in every gametype, especially Grifball and Living Dead so. Nothing you can do except just move on!

That’s ironic, because I had my skill filter on for the match against the full team, and turned it off right after, not having any of those kind of problems after I switched it off. But that’s just coincidence, and I understand that.

> If there’s any playlist that needs all DLC required, it’s BTB. Having regular access to Breakpoint, Tempest, and Highlands, and eventually Timberland and some other BTB remake, would increase gameplay quality so much, as well as help keep out the morons who just betray each other all game. It would also make having a ton of community maps unnecessary, although Trident and Utopie can stick around. They should also add Incubus to the mix, that map is pretty cool.

Agreed, except that last bit about Utopie. I hate that map. To me, any map based around Paradiso needs to be removed, period. It’s just too ideal for spawn trapping. It’s happened to me so many times there that I just groan and sigh when I see that map selected, especially against a full opposing team.

> Wayont and Abridged need to be in also.
>
>
>
> And, you know, I have same luck as you, OP. So I just don’t take BTB seriously now. I splatter on mongoose, shoot team mates, take falcon on Abridged with team mates in it and hover over water until they get out and commit suicide…yeah.

I’ve never played Wayont, but Abridged bordered between really boring and really horrible. I wouldn’t want it included anymore.

Blame Bnet, those kids cried about 1-50 ever since H2 and now 80 percent of our matchups are totally unfair. lol, Trueskill.

> Blame Bnet, those kids cried about 1-50 ever since H2 and now 80 percent of our matchups are totally unfair. lol, Trueskill.

Matchups don’t bother me 80% of the time. 20% of the time at most, and even that is a stretch, I’d say. By far the biggest problem is quitters for me.

> Here’s a few hints to help your Big Team Battle experiences online… They’ve worked in almost every match for me so far.
>
> Firstly, you haven’t played nearly enough Big Team Battle to get matched accurately. With that being said, you had BETTER have Skill checked on in your Search Restrictions. Using Halocharts to identify your Trueskill, this would work wonders for you. Before I hit level 45+, using Skill I never ran into a Party of more than 3. Literally NEVER once I started using it. But, as my Trueskill hovered around 45, slowly but surely teams of 4, 5, 6, 7, or even 8 started popping up much more frequently.
>
> I say before level 45+ is that the game’s Trueskill value takes into account your Games Played as well so once you near this number, choosing Skill will actually HURT your matchmaking process. I actually run into more Full Teams while having Skill checked on because I’m up to a level 50 in that playlist.
>
> My Trueskill value is inflated so it thinks it is much higher than it should be because of the amount of games I’ve played and won. Therefore, the raised Trueskill values of teams makes me the PERFECT match for them because of my inflated Trueskill.
>
> Other than that issue with bad players and Full Teams, all I can say is don’t be discouraged because of griefers. People armed with internet anonymity are literally programmed to be complete d-bags. No consequences = no rules = anarchy and chaos. This happens in every gametype, especially Grifball and Living Dead so. Nothing you can do except just move on!

Halocharts skill isn’t an accurate presentation of Trueskill. I can get my Halocharts skill to 50 without even trying to win. Multi Team is a good example, I never played it to win, just to mess around with my friends. I probably have over 50% of my Multi Team games lost, but still happen to have Halocharts skill of 50 in that playlist while my Trueskill is probably somewhere around 25.

Facing full teams still is result of a “high” Trueskill, I can’t deny that. Probably after about 30, you start facing them from time to time, usually the bad ones first, although it doesn’t matter as the team with randoms is always at disadvantage.

The system shouldn’t be putting teams against randoms in the first place, parties bigger than four should always go against other parties that are at least as big. Many of the full parties in BTB are there just because they want to dominate randoms and hold the objective to get as much kills as possible, I wouldn’t exactly consider that fair gameplay.

> > Blame Bnet, those kids cried about 1-50 ever since H2 and now 80 percent of our matchups are totally unfair. lol, Trueskill.
>
> Matchups don’t bother me 80% of the time. 20% of the time at most, and even that is a stretch, I’d say. By far the biggest problem is quitters for me.

Yeah, I guess if you like automatic wins against randoms, or getting matched up with parties as a random most of the time the MM system is fine.

I just wanna chip in and say Utopie is possibly the absolute worst BTB map I have ever played. Spire is a close second.

I have lost count of the number of times I got base camped in Utopie. There is the stupidly overpowered Banshee, the rocks that allow one team to base camp the other with DMRs and Sniper and the fact that you almost always spawn in clear open ground. It almost always leads to ridiculously one sided games. Spire with its limited spawns isnt much better. Esp if you end up playing CTF in it.

Just removing the Banshee from both those maps would make them at least palatable. TBH the Banshee has no place in any MP map as it is, you can say it can be Team DMRd as much as you want but with 8 aside games, unless you go in with a large team its pointless.
And this is coming from someone who almost only plays BTB.

> I just wanna chip in and say Utopie is possibly the absolute worst BTB map I have ever played. Spire is a close second.
>
> I have lost count of the number of times I got base camped in Utopie. There is the stupidly overpowered Banshee, the rocks that allow one team to base camp the other with DMRs and Sniper and the fact that you almost always spawn in clear open ground. It almost always leads to ridiculously one sided games. Spire with its limited spawns isnt much better. Esp if you end up playing CTF in it.
>
> Just removing the Banshee from both those maps would make them at least palatable. TBH the Banshee has no place in any MP map as it is, you can say it can be Team DMRd as much as you want but with 8 aside games, unless you go in with a large team its pointless.
> And this is coming from someone who almost only plays BTB.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. Maps like Utopie, Renegade, and Spire could actually be enjoyable without Banshee. Boneyard is the only map I could see it to stay on as the map has lots of cover and interior spaces.

Taling about Spire, the Banshee spawn isn’t even fair, the team that spawns in the small building always gets the banshee first, in Big Team Slayer it guarantees them almost an automatic win.

> > I just wanna chip in and say Utopie is possibly the absolute worst BTB map I have ever played. Spire is a close second.
> >
> > I have lost count of the number of times I got base camped in Utopie. There is the stupidly overpowered Banshee, the rocks that allow one team to base camp the other with DMRs and Sniper and the fact that you almost always spawn in clear open ground. It almost always leads to ridiculously one sided games. Spire with its limited spawns isnt much better. Esp if you end up playing CTF in it.
> >
> > Just removing the Banshee from both those maps would make them at least palatable. TBH the Banshee has no place in any MP map as it is, you can say it can be Team DMRd as much as you want but with 8 aside games, unless you go in with a large team its pointless.
> > And this is coming from someone who almost only plays BTB.
>
> I’ve been thinking the same thing. Maps like Utopie, Renegade, and Spire could actually be enjoyable without Banshee. Boneyard is the only map I could see it to stay on as the map has lots of cover and interior spaces.
>
> Taling about Spire, the Banshee spawn isn’t even fair, the team that spawns in the small building always gets the banshee first, in Big Team Slayer it guarantees them almost an automatic win.

Those Invasion maps shouldn’t even be in Big Team Battle at all. They’re so off-balance because they’re obviously designed to be tiered areas with selected spawning. One side of the map (the side where Invasion starts) is always a big area of nothingness. Yawn. Yes, those should definitely be exclusive to Invasion.

> > > I just wanna chip in and say Utopie is possibly the absolute worst BTB map I have ever played. Spire is a close second.
> > >
> > > I have lost count of the number of times I got base camped in Utopie. There is the stupidly overpowered Banshee, the rocks that allow one team to base camp the other with DMRs and Sniper and the fact that you almost always spawn in clear open ground. It almost always leads to ridiculously one sided games. Spire with its limited spawns isnt much better. Esp if you end up playing CTF in it.
> > >
> > > Just removing the Banshee from both those maps would make them at least palatable. TBH the Banshee has no place in any MP map as it is, you can say it can be Team DMRd as much as you want but with 8 aside games, unless you go in with a large team its pointless.
> > > And this is coming from someone who almost only plays BTB.
> >
> > I’ve been thinking the same thing. Maps like Utopie, Renegade, and Spire could actually be enjoyable without Banshee. Boneyard is the only map I could see it to stay on as the map has lots of cover and interior spaces.
> >
> > Taling about Spire, the Banshee spawn isn’t even fair, the team that spawns in the small building always gets the banshee first, in Big Team Slayer it guarantees them almost an automatic win.
>
> Those Invasion maps shouldn’t even be in Big Team Battle at all. They’re so off-balance because they’re obviously designed to be tiered areas with selected spawning. One side of the map (the side where Invasion starts) is always a big area of nothingness. Yawn. Yes, those should definitely be exclusive to Invasion.

Of course those areas are a waste of space, but they are good places to go relax for a while when the game gets bad. I also found that they can help you in other ways too. For example on Spire, I have got a two Perfections and Unfrigginbelieveable (all in different games) with Banshee, by keeping that place under control of my team. It’s useful as both the Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifle are also on that side. I don’t use Banshee anymore (too cheap), but when I used, I knew what map to choose.

The empty area of Spire actually a very important part to keep under control as it has two power weapons and a Banshee spawn. This is why I don’t see it as as bad thing, but the map is otherwise badly designed. The area on Boneyard is pretty much useless, but as I said, it can be used to have bit of rest in the heat of combat.

I have to admit I kind of like those areas although they are a waste of space. The area of Boneyeard isn’t imbalanced, the area of Spire has a small advantage to red team’s favor.

> > Here’s a few hints to help your Big Team Battle experiences online… They’ve worked in almost every match for me so far.
> >
> > Firstly, you haven’t played nearly enough Big Team Battle to get matched accurately. With that being said, you had BETTER have Skill checked on in your Search Restrictions. Using Halocharts to identify your Trueskill, this would work wonders for you. Before I hit level 45+, using Skill I never ran into a Party of more than 3. Literally NEVER once I started using it. But, as my Trueskill hovered around 45, slowly but surely teams of 4, 5, 6, 7, or even 8 started popping up much more frequently.
> >
> > I say before level 45+ is that the game’s Trueskill value takes into account your Games Played as well so once you near this number, choosing Skill will actually HURT your matchmaking process. I actually run into more Full Teams while having Skill checked on because I’m up to a level 50 in that playlist.
> >
> > My Trueskill value is inflated so it thinks it is much higher than it should be because of the amount of games I’ve played and won. Therefore, the raised Trueskill values of teams makes me the PERFECT match for them because of my inflated Trueskill.
> >
> > Other than that issue with bad players and Full Teams, all I can say is don’t be discouraged because of griefers. People armed with internet anonymity are literally programmed to be complete d-bags. No consequences = no rules = anarchy and chaos. This happens in every gametype, especially Grifball and Living Dead so. Nothing you can do except just move on!
>
> Halocharts skill isn’t an accurate presentation of Trueskill. I can get my Halocharts skill to 50 without even trying to win. Multi Team is a good example, I never played it to win, just to mess around with my friends. I probably have over 50% of my Multi Team games lost, but still happen to have Halocharts skill of 50 in that playlist while my Trueskill is probably somewhere around 25.
>
> Facing full teams still is result of a “high” Trueskill, I can’t deny that. Probably after about 30, you start facing them from time to time, usually the bad ones first, although it doesn’t matter as the team with randoms is always at disadvantage.
>
> The system shouldn’t be putting teams against randoms in the first place, parties bigger than four should always go against other parties that are at least as big. Many of the full parties in BTB are there just because they want to dominate randoms and hold the objective to get as much kills as possible, I wouldn’t exactly consider that fair gameplay.

wait trueskill actually DOES SOMETHING in halo reach? i knew it was in the backround, ive just never observed it to actually do anything like PAIR LIKE-SKILLED PEOPLE TOGETHER.

its a revolutionary concept that apparently bungie didnt care about.

> > > > I just wanna chip in and say Utopie is possibly the absolute worst BTB map I have ever played. Spire is a close second.
> > > >
> > > > I have lost count of the number of times I got base camped in Utopie. There is the stupidly overpowered Banshee, the rocks that allow one team to base camp the other with DMRs and Sniper and the fact that you almost always spawn in clear open ground. It almost always leads to ridiculously one sided games. Spire with its limited spawns isnt much better. Esp if you end up playing CTF in it.
> > > >
> > > > Just removing the Banshee from both those maps would make them at least palatable. TBH the Banshee has no place in any MP map as it is, you can say it can be Team DMRd as much as you want but with 8 aside games, unless you go in with a large team its pointless.
> > > > And this is coming from someone who almost only plays BTB.
> > >
> > > I’ve been thinking the same thing. Maps like Utopie, Renegade, and Spire could actually be enjoyable without Banshee. Boneyard is the only map I could see it to stay on as the map has lots of cover and interior spaces.
> > >
> > > Taling about Spire, the Banshee spawn isn’t even fair, the team that spawns in the small building always gets the banshee first, in Big Team Slayer it guarantees them almost an automatic win.
> >
> > Those Invasion maps shouldn’t even be in Big Team Battle at all. They’re so off-balance because they’re obviously designed to be tiered areas with selected spawning. One side of the map (the side where Invasion starts) is always a big area of nothingness. Yawn. Yes, those should definitely be exclusive to Invasion.
>
> Of course those areas are a waste of space, but they are good places to go relax for a while when the game gets bad. I also found that they can help you in other ways too. For example on Spire, I have got a two Perfections and Unfrigginbelieveable (all in different games) with Banshee, by keeping that place under control of my team. It’s useful as both the Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifle are also on that side. I don’t use Banshee anymore (too cheap), but when I used, I knew what map to choose.
>
> The empty area of Spire actually a very important part to keep under control as it has two power weapons and a Banshee spawn. This is why I don’t see it as as bad thing, but the map is otherwise badly designed. The area on Boneyard is pretty much useless, but as I said, it can be used to have bit of rest in the heat of combat.
>
> I have to admit I kind of like those areas although they are a waste of space. The area of Boneyeard isn’t imbalanced, the area of Spire has a small advantage to red team’s favor.

I wasn’t saying imbalanced in reference to weapon balance. I was talking about map activity. I’ve never seen any worthwhile battles in the deserted end of Spire. I go down there routinely, too.

> > > Here’s a few hints to help your Big Team Battle experiences online… They’ve worked in almost every match for me so far.
> > >
> > > Firstly, you haven’t played nearly enough Big Team Battle to get matched accurately. With that being said, you had BETTER have Skill checked on in your Search Restrictions. Using Halocharts to identify your Trueskill, this would work wonders for you. Before I hit level 45+, using Skill I never ran into a Party of more than 3. Literally NEVER once I started using it. But, as my Trueskill hovered around 45, slowly but surely teams of 4, 5, 6, 7, or even 8 started popping up much more frequently.
> > >
> > > I say before level 45+ is that the game’s Trueskill value takes into account your Games Played as well so once you near this number, choosing Skill will actually HURT your matchmaking process. I actually run into more Full Teams while having Skill checked on because I’m up to a level 50 in that playlist.
> > >
> > > My Trueskill value is inflated so it thinks it is much higher than it should be because of the amount of games I’ve played and won. Therefore, the raised Trueskill values of teams makes me the PERFECT match for them because of my inflated Trueskill.
> > >
> > > Other than that issue with bad players and Full Teams, all I can say is don’t be discouraged because of griefers. People armed with internet anonymity are literally programmed to be complete d-bags. No consequences = no rules = anarchy and chaos. This happens in every gametype, especially Grifball and Living Dead so. Nothing you can do except just move on!
> >
> > Halocharts skill isn’t an accurate presentation of Trueskill. I can get my Halocharts skill to 50 without even trying to win. Multi Team is a good example, I never played it to win, just to mess around with my friends. I probably have over 50% of my Multi Team games lost, but still happen to have Halocharts skill of 50 in that playlist while my Trueskill is probably somewhere around 25.
> >
> > Facing full teams still is result of a “high” Trueskill, I can’t deny that. Probably after about 30, you start facing them from time to time, usually the bad ones first, although it doesn’t matter as the team with randoms is always at disadvantage.
> >
> > The system shouldn’t be putting teams against randoms in the first place, parties bigger than four should always go against other parties that are at least as big. Many of the full parties in BTB are there just because they want to dominate randoms and hold the objective to get as much kills as possible, I wouldn’t exactly consider that fair gameplay.
>
> wait trueskill actually DOES SOMETHING in halo reach? i knew it was in the backround, ive just never observed it to actually do anything like PAIR LIKE-SKILLED PEOPLE TOGETHER.
>
> its a revolutionary concept that apparently bungie didnt care about.

You don’t really know that because it’s all invisible. I could be a Captain, but I could go against a Nova because our Trueskills may be similar. Many people would call that imbalanced based off the cR rank alone. I think that’s incredibly ignorant.

Spire strategy:

1. Rush fuel rod gun off start. Easier if you spawn at BFG.
  2. Lift up to top spire.
  3. ???
  4. Profit.

Easy frenzy, probable riot, possible rampage depending on the IQ of your enemies.

> > Here’s a few hints to help your Big Team Battle experiences online… They’ve worked in almost every match for me so far.
> >
> > Firstly, you haven’t played nearly enough Big Team Battle to get matched accurately. With that being said, you had BETTER have Skill checked on in your Search Restrictions. Using Halocharts to identify your Trueskill, this would work wonders for you. Before I hit level 45+, using Skill I never ran into a Party of more than 3. Literally NEVER once I started using it. But, as my Trueskill hovered around 45, slowly but surely teams of 4, 5, 6, 7, or even 8 started popping up much more frequently.
> >
> > I say before level 45+ is that the game’s Trueskill value takes into account your Games Played as well so once you near this number, choosing Skill will actually HURT your matchmaking process. I actually run into more Full Teams while having Skill checked on because I’m up to a level 50 in that playlist.
> >
> > My Trueskill value is inflated so it thinks it is much higher than it should be because of the amount of games I’ve played and won. Therefore, the raised Trueskill values of teams makes me the PERFECT match for them because of my inflated Trueskill.
> >
> > Other than that issue with bad players and Full Teams, all I can say is don’t be discouraged because of griefers. People armed with internet anonymity are literally programmed to be complete d-bags. No consequences = no rules = anarchy and chaos. This happens in every gametype, especially Grifball and Living Dead so. Nothing you can do except just move on!
>
> Halocharts skill isn’t an accurate presentation of Trueskill. I can get my Halocharts skill to 50 without even trying to win. Multi Team is a good example, I never played it to win, just to mess around with my friends. I probably have over 50% of my Multi Team games lost, but still happen to have Halocharts skill of 50 in that playlist while my Trueskill is probably somewhere around 25.
>
> Facing full teams still is result of a “high” Trueskill, I can’t deny that. Probably after about 30, you start facing them from time to time, usually the bad ones first, although it doesn’t matter as the team with randoms is always at disadvantage.
>
> The system shouldn’t be putting teams against randoms in the first place, parties bigger than four should always go against other parties that are at least as big. Many of the full parties in BTB are there just because they want to dominate randoms and hold the objective to get as much kills as possible, I wouldn’t exactly consider that fair gameplay.

I wasn’t saying that the Halocharts Trueskill value is at all accurate compared to the Halo: Reach value. That’s hidden and is rumored to be a 1-100 system, but we’ll never really know until Bungie releases specifics. It’s using the Halocharts value as a basepoint of when you should switch of Skill in Search Restrictions, that’s all.

It may actually be more accurate if you think about it anyways… It takes into account Games Played as well as Halo: Reach using that to a high degree. I NEVER ran into a single Full Team, let alone parties above 4 for the longest time, until like March or May. The Matchmaking process itself would take around 5-10 minutes per game with Good Connection and Skill on, sometimes even not finding a match ever. Ever since that one point where the process sped up significantly and started giving me full teams I knew I had passed that barrier.

The problem is that it’s impossible to add Big Team Restrictions in Big Team Battle. Since you can have a Party bigger than the maximum team size, it renders it useless. Why this was EVER included in Halo is completely idiotic, basically the one choice Bungie made that I couldn’t disagree with more since the days of Halo 3 when it was made. The Party being bigger than the team also makes for some extremely poor matches… Ever play on Highlands while one of your teammates constantly steals all your power weapons/Warthog and gives it to the other team? Yeah, horrible match.

343i’s just needs to lower the Max. Team Size and FINALLY implement Big Team Restrictions for any playlist over 5 players. And that doesn’t mean ONLY teams of 8 against teams of 8, it would be flat out TEAMS against TEAMS. No matter the size. Well, probably the size at least. 4+ against 4+. Boom, Big Team Battle and Invasion become about 100 times better. It’s not that it happens all the time, running in to a full party solo. But even once out of 20 games just leaves a sour taste in your mouth that’s hard to shake.

Reach BTB is a disgrace.