I just really miss....

halo 5 is great but I just really miss games on maps such as high ground, last resort, guardian, rats nest, Valhalla. Some kind of feeling is just missing that like halo 3 had. Idk if it’s just me.

I miss actual vehicles in BtB not the occasional warthog or ghost, I want heavy vehicles not those small things that I don’t even bother with

The armour customization…

Nostalgia is a thing, happens to all of us.

High Ground would be fun to revisit but would be worthless until one sided objective gametypes make a return. Same for Zanzibar/Last Resort.

Guardian…meh. Never cared much for it. Same for Rat’s Nest, there were several better BTB maps in that game. Valhalla and Standoff, for example, which have Forge remakes in H5 that I’m more than satisfied with.

[deleted]

> 2533274845736258;4:
> Nostalgia is a thing, happens to all of us.

It’s a lot more then that, the maps had a certain feel to them that made them good.

Geee… if there were only a game out on Xbox one where you could play the older Halos… :slight_smile:

> 2533274800273892;1:
> I just really miss games on maps such as high ground, last resort, guardian, rats nest, Valhalla. Some kind of feeling is just missing that like halo 3 had. Idk if it’s just me.

I miss the old school maps too. I wish more of them would have stuck around

Who knows, maybe you get a forge edition, wouldn’t that be “great”

> 2533274816788253;8:
> Geee… if there were only a game out on Xbox one where you could play the older Halos… :slight_smile:

“OH BUT MCC IS “BROKEN” AND I UNINSTALLED AND SO DID EVERYONE ELSE”
Then stop -Yoinking!- complaining about 343i not porting every past Halo asset into Halo 5. Hell, even Halo 4 has a population of around 3000-5000 on a given day, and it’s not even BC.

> 2533274950478805;11:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > Geee… if there were only a game out on Xbox one where you could play the older Halos… :slight_smile:
>
>
> “OH BUT MCC IS “BROKEN” AND I UNINSTALLED AND SO DID EVERYONE ELSE”
> Then stop -Yoinking!- complaining about 343i not porting every past Halo asset into Halo 5. Hell, even Halo 4 has a population of around 3000-5000 on a given day, and it’s not even BC.

I don’t think anyone was asking for the older games assets in Halo 5.

In my opinion, Halo 5’s maps are generic because the majority fit a UNSC feel, and all the structures look exactly the same. H3 had varied maps, with different settings, and they weren’t even remixes. H5’s maps are very bland.

> 2533274970658419;12:
> > 2533274950478805;11:
> > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > Geee… if there were only a game out on Xbox one where you could play the older Halos… :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > “OH BUT MCC IS “BROKEN” AND I UNINSTALLED AND SO DID EVERYONE ELSE”
> > Then stop -Yoinking!- complaining about 343i not porting every past Halo asset into Halo 5. Hell, even Halo 4 has a population of around 3000-5000 on a given day, and it’s not even BC.
>
>
> I don’t think anyone was asking for the older games assets in Halo 5.
>
> In my opinion, Halo 5’s maps are generic because the majority fit a UNSC feel, and all the structures look exactly the same. H3 had varied maps, with different settings, and they weren’t even remixes. H5’s maps are very bland.

And while I agree that Halo 5 has some very boring maps aesthetically, 343i has shown that they can make excellent looking and functioning maps with Halo 4 (Exile, Longbow, and Monolith, for example, all have some fantastic gameplay and visuals). I’m still wondering why 343i made nearly all of their maps so visually similar; Halo 4 MP was also a simulation so that’s no reason for this. And with regards to MCC, I just get really pissed when people say “I want [map] remade in Halo 5,” or “I want the Hornet in Halo 5,” and then act like I’m an idiot for suggesting that they play MCC to experience those things. It’s not broken anymore, and if you can’t find a game, blame the lack of players in your area or your own internet.

> 2533274950478805;13:
> > 2533274970658419;12:
> > > 2533274950478805;11:
> > > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > > Geee… if there were only a game out on Xbox one where you could play the older Halos… :slight_smile:
> > >
> > >
> > > “OH BUT MCC IS “BROKEN” AND I UNINSTALLED AND SO DID EVERYONE ELSE”
> > > Then stop -Yoinking!- complaining about 343i not porting every past Halo asset into Halo 5. Hell, even Halo 4 has a population of around 3000-5000 on a given day, and it’s not even BC.
> >
> >
> > I don’t think anyone was asking for the older games assets in Halo 5.
> >
> > In my opinion, Halo 5’s maps are generic because the majority fit a UNSC feel, and all the structures look exactly the same. H3 had varied maps, with different settings, and they weren’t even remixes. H5’s maps are very bland.
>
>
> And while I agree that Halo 5 has some very boring maps aesthetically, 343i has shown that they can make excellent looking and functioning maps with Halo 4 (Exile, Longbow, and Monolith, for example, all have some fantastic gameplay and visuals). I’m still wondering why 343i made nearly all of their maps so visually similar; Halo 4 MP was also a simulation so that’s no reason for this. And with regards to MCC, I just get really pissed when people say “I want [map] remade in Halo 5,” or “I want the Hornet in Halo 5,” and then act like I’m an idiot for suggesting that they play MCC to experience those things. It’s not broken anymore, and if you can’t find a game, blame the lack of players in your area or your own internet.

From what I know about halo 4’s maps, 343 had a lot of help from another company to make them.

Don’t quote me, but that’s what I’ve been told.

> 2533274950478805;11:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > Geee… if there were only a game out on Xbox one where you could play the older Halos… :slight_smile:
>
>
> “OH BUT MCC IS “BROKEN” AND I UNINSTALLED AND SO DID EVERYONE ELSE”
> Then stop -Yoinking!- complaining about 343i not porting every past Halo asset into Halo 5. Hell, even Halo 4 has a population of around 3000-5000 on a given day, and it’s not even BC.

Well I must have a different copy of MCC because my game has been working since about 3 months after launch. Even now I find game in action sack, btb, and H2.

Ah yes the good old days!

It’s totally NOT just you. I have the same longing for the older days of Halo, nostalgia if you will. I wrote a cool solution to how we might be able to curb those cravings HERE. There’s a good chance that there will be a Halo 3 Anniversary as well. 343 would honestly be wise to add a classic playlist in H5.

KotH

I miss dynamic map elements. After halo 3 I saw little to none in halo reach. Halo 4 had Dominion (I want the turrets back omg so fun to mess wih in forge) but because of the votes and my luck I literally played the gametype twice out of however long I had the game. Now halo 5 is out and they are very lackluster. Skirmish at darkstar is the only map I can think of where people actually use the gates/ dynamic element. Even halo 2 had ascension with as the only map even remotely similar. Bring more to the table please.

i agree with you but the most important thing that isnt in halo is FUN! the community never played halo for competitive it was all about joining someones custom game and having a laugh with randoms where is all that its gone i miss fat kid jenga and predator