I just had a scary thought....

After watching the Binary Rifle in action it looks like its one shot kill weapon. And its classified as a sniper. Now some of you might remember certain pesky Jackals on legendary back in 2004 that are able to one shot you even if they hit you in your foot. Looking forward to that solo Campaign legendary run achievement in Halo 4 its gonna be fun(or rage full depending on the player).

I would welcome a challenge once again, I never found the jackals too hard myself, but I liked that you had to think a bit more about how you engaged the enemy on Halo 2.

I feel as is Legendary had huge drop in difficulty since Halo 2 and, it’s still rolling around in the dirt somewhere, I suppose there are skulls to help add a layer of difficulty, but LASO (minus Blind) on Reach is probably easier than Halo 2 Legendary anyway…

Never had Halo 2, saw it on youtube…gonna get -Yoinked!- up.

-gulp-

Bring it on Solo Legendary? :S
I’m going in blind straight away, no normal mode run for me. This will be a fun November full of cursing and breaks (In more ways than one)…

I had a even more scary thought about the Binary rifle… it’s a One-Shot kill to the body, with a huge reticule when unzoomed and little when zoomed…Uhm, CoD Sniper rifles anyone?

For that campaign thing, yes i hope so, i miss a difficult campaign.

At least it will be a challenge =D.

> I would welcome a challenge once again, I never found the jackals too hard myself, but I liked that you had to think a bit more about how you engaged the enemy on Halo 2.
>
> I feel as is Legendary had huge drop in difficulty since Halo 2 and, it’s still rolling around in the dirt somewhere, I suppose there are skulls to help add a layer of difficulty, but LASO (minus Blind) on Reach is probably easier than Halo 2 Legendary anyway…

Not even close dude.

The harder the campaign the better …

I welcome it with arms wide open

> I feel as is Legendary had huge drop in difficulty since Halo 2 and, it’s still rolling around in the dirt somewhere, I suppose there are skulls to help add a layer of difficulty, but LASO (minus Blind) on Reach is probably easier than Halo 2 Legendary anyway…

The vast amount of cheating in Halo 3 and Reach make them comparable to Halo 2. Though still vastly inferior.

Halo 2 merely had a steep learning curve… it wasn’t that bad. Though I’d really love to go into the fray, feeling like a boss, and survive instead of having to go back into cover 5 seconds after sticking my head out. I’ve modded it quite a lot in an attempt to make a better Legendary. What I’ve found is that decreasing the damage then merely increasing their RoF and putting in a couple more enemies makes them equally lethal. Honestly, there was no need for 1 hit kill melee, 1 hit kill beam rifle, high damage, impossible to avoid needlers, bottomless clip needlers, fast berserking Brutes and Flood, infinitely spawning enemies, etc. It seems Bungie merely raised the stakes because they were afraid they’d fail with Halo 2. The AI succeeded IMO but all this was overkill. Instead of upping the damage, time could have been spent making the AI truly varied and distinct.

Reach was easy for me despite having the highest amount of false difficulty due to the prevalence of health packs and how the AI were full of -Yoink-, lacking the brains to conduct proper warfare and depending on all sorts of crutches. And of course, the lack of enemy numbers.

ODST and Halo 3 were even easier despite having a lot of false difficulty due to the nerfed enemies and lack of enemy numbers.

CE was the easiest to me since it didn’t rely on false difficulty, though it may have deviated at some points in the last few levels. But to others, I think it’s representative of the highest form of difficulty. All it needed was more AI numbers (it already had quite a lot) or even better AI and it’d have been pretty damn difficult.

Anyways, if you mean tactics and strategies, yes, they have deteriorated considerably. This is especially because of changes to the sandbox and changing the golden triangle into a square.

Game - useful weapons - gameplay centered around:

CE - pretty much all of them but the pistol was the best - N/A (equipment were purely optional)
Halo 2 - plasma pistol, BR, Carbine, sword - N/A (when playing as Arbiter, you didn’t have to use active camo)
Halo 3 - plasma pistol, BR, Carbine, melee - equipment (without using equipment, you have to go through hell a la Cortana)
Reach - plasma pistol, needle rifle, DMR - AA (without using AA, particularly Sprint, your options are extremely limited since you’re playing as a -Yoink- character with little to none strafe)

<mark>TLDR:</mark>

I hope Halo 4 does not have any amount of false difficulty. Halo 4 does not need to be that kind of punishing. It should succeed because of smart AI.

Halo 2: the AI were pretty decent but they were given a lot of handicaps. I suspect Bungie didn’t think they’d be threatening enough
Halo 3: the AI were more tactical and updated but again, Bungie were being insecure. Look at Chieftains. It’s pathetic. They were given intentional flaws (sidestep their attack and assassinate, easy beatdown)
Reach: the AI were so horrible they needed not only handicaps but also crutches (can’t be assassinated by the player when aware). I doubt Bungie even tried. Again, they required intentional flaws (berserking at the wrong time, susceptible to Hologram)

It’s obvious that the last two games had poor enemy balancing. Halo 2 Jackal snipers were more balanced. If you could close the distance or find reliable cover to shoot from, they were a piece of cake.

P.s. Someday, I’ll prove to this world that Halo 2 Jackal snipers are overrated.