I just don't know what to do anymore.

I’m nearly level 130, I’ve got all the achievements and the only thing that is going to keep me coming back is the new spartan ops. CSR is waypoint only, and that just now doesn’t interest me.

I think i’m going to go back and try and reach inheriter in halo reach. Halo4 has nothing to keep people playing. why do commendations give xp when to reach 130 is extremely easy.

Halo3 kept the longest player pop, i think this was because of the ranking system. it kept things interesting

Just play a better game like me :slight_smile:

So explain to me why people liked Halo CE.

With your logic since there was no ranking system(progressive or TrueSkill) and no achievements it is the most boring game in the world.

> Halo3 kept the longest player pop, i think this was because of the ranking system. it kept things interesting

TF2 had/has a larger population and came out in the same year as Halo 3, and has no ranking system. But obviously valve uses witch craft.

It’s simple: play for fun.

> So explain to me why people liked Halo CE.
>
> With your logic since there was no ranking system(progressive or TrueSkill) and no achievements it is the most boring game in the world.

due to its sheer popularity we had the numbers back then to have a large community that ran customs. When it went pc i was proven of that. So finding skilled players wasent as hard. Now, with the population so constricted i myself have been searching for days for people to simply run games with to maybe get started with another league but end result is the same, halo ce had more players then halo 4 does. Only your skilled players who new the game bothered to get it on pc, every idiot has this game and no one plays it because it lacks

fun

> > Halo3 kept the longest player pop, i think this was because of the ranking system. it kept things interesting
>
> TF2 had/has a larger population and came out in the same year as Halo 3, and has no ranking system. But obviously valve uses witch craft.

or mods and hats.

Also, commedations give you armor.

>
> With your logic since there was no ranking system(progressive or TrueSkill) and no achievements it is the most boring game in the world.

Different standards.
Different people.

If Halo:CE were released as a new title in today’s industry, it WOULD be considered a horrible, boring game.
But it wasn’t.
What you’re asking is the same as asking why galleons were considered so great even though they didn’t have nuclear reactors or guided missile systems.

Edit:
Not saying CSR is “DA MOTS IMPROTANT PART OF HALO!!!”, but it did play a significant role in keeping the matchmaking crowd in the game for so long.

>

You’re not taking into account how we have been spoiled by technological advances, and have grown a custom to certain things, just to have them taken away and given less.
Back then console gaming didn’t have online multiplayer, So you can’t really compare the experiences from Halo CE, and Halo 2/3. (IMO Halo 2 gave the best of both CE and H3)

> > So explain to me why people liked Halo CE.
> >
> > With your logic since there was no ranking system(progressive or TrueSkill) and no achievements it is the most boring game in the world.
>
> Different standards.
> Different people.
>
> If Halo:CE were released as a new title in today’s industry, it WOULD be considered a horrible, boring game.
> But it wasn’t.
> What you’re asking is the same as asking why galleons were considered so great even though they didn’t have nuclear reactors or guided missile systems.

This, this, and this. Different times, and different expectations.

> or mods and hats.

I don’t think any one can argue with hats though. TF2 just is an example of how a community doesn’t need a ranking system. I’m not saying I wouldn’t prefer Halo 4 to have one, but getting one right now is not going to make or break the future of the halo franchise.