I hope there are even larger open scale battles..

In Halo 3, there were open scale battles but with the graphics at that time, they werenʻt really that immersive. In Halo reach, you were apart of a large scale battle at the fourth mission but sidetracked yourself on a mission op than the front line. In Halo 5, the Battle of Sunion was a really immersive battle and at the front of it, however, you werenʻt battling with any allies.

I hope in Halo Infinite, we can actually be apart of a full frontal fight for once. With crap flying everywhere and feeling like you are not 1v100 for once and you have allies that you donʻt necessarily need to babysit to have an awesome AI fight.

couldnt agree more

That’s what I want too.

Maybe some sort of addition to that like survivors and teams, separated marines can be recruited to your team.

That sounds more like an RTS feature. Halo Wars and Halo Wars 2 had some large maps that involved full scale battles, which were absolutely awesome and required preparation and planning to accomplish. I would be interested to see that in an FPS format, but would be curious to see how that would feel in a first person perspective.

Given the story so far, Halo 6 has plenty of potential for full scale and massive battle scenes that would require strategy. It’s just a question of whether or not 343i is up to that challenge

As long as we aren’t dealing with squad AI i’m game. I always enjoyed trying to keep the marines in Halo CE alive. A proper large scale assault in infinite would be quite fun.

I’m picturing something akin to Silent Cartographer in CE where you drop in on the pelicans with a battle already started. Just a massive open space, maybe similar to the landscape when you first step foot on Halo in CE. Have ODSTs dropping behind enemy lines. Blue team all dropping from the same pelican to start off the attack. Then have multiple zones you need to push forward to. They’ve done missions like that, I’m if they could do it 10x the size of the other, then I’d be happy.

On the scale of the overall campaign I’ve always preferred the pacing and atmosphere from CE where you are alone, or at the very least not part of a big, highly organized force. The idea of a huge battle with a lot of stuff going on doesn’t really arouse any interest in me. I guess if it was appropriate for the narrative, I wouldn’t have anything against it, but I find it difficult to imagine a narrative that reconciles that with my overall desire for a much more lonely, serene, and slower experience than we had in Halo 5.

> 2533274898071240;4:
> Maybe some sort of addition to that like survivors and teams, separated marines can be recruited to your team.

That was sort of a way in Halo reach. Some point you come across random marines and they become added into your squad right by the radar.

But im not looking for a search and rescue or squad. Just really big open scale fights to get my adrenaline going.

> 2533274825830455;8:
> On the scale of the overall campaign I’ve always preferred the pacing and atmosphere from CE where you are alone, or at the very least not part of a big, highly organized force. The idea of a huge battle with a lot of stuff going on doesn’t really arouse any interest in me. I guess if it was appropriate for the narrative, I wouldn’t have anything against it, but I find it difficult to imagine a narrative that reconciles that with my overall desire for a much more lonely, serene, and slower experience than we had in Halo 5.

I liked the lone wolf movement in Halo CE also, but it seems to be like that in every Halo game. You were always being a lonewolf and getting the job done. I mean Its logical because you are the main character and the skilled hero but then it gets repetitive and want a different pacing to the game.

> 2533274824188481;7:
> I’m picturing something akin to Silent Cartographer in CE where you drop in on the pelicans with a battle already started. Just a massive open space, maybe similar to the landscape when you first step foot on Halo in CE. Have ODSTs dropping behind enemy lines. Blue team all dropping from the same pelican to start off the attack. Then have multiple zones you need to push forward to. They’ve done missions like that, I’m if they could do it 10x the size of the other, then I’d be happy.

Yeah, just like the Silent cartographer. Just need it to be more large than a small foothole. And I hope its not always a pelican to drop in. Maybe sometimes drop from a pod or just ride in with a warthog.

> 2535435902217648;5:
> That sounds more like an RTS feature. Halo Wars and Halo Wars 2 had some large maps that involved full scale battles, which were absolutely awesome and required preparation and planning to accomplish. I would be interested to see that in an FPS format, but would be curious to see how that would feel in a first person perspective.
>
> Given the story so far, Halo 6 has plenty of potential for full scale and massive battle scenes that would require strategy. It’s just a question of whether or not 343i is up to that challenge

People are saying that the Halo Infinite trailer was showing in-game gameplay. If so, the area looks big enough to have that sort of massive battle. What better way to bring players in then release gameplay of explosions and action?

If you give me a next-gen version of what me and my friends have deemed “The Battle of Two Betrayals” (you know the one) I’ll be so happy!

If the Flood return we definitely need a battle that has a 4 way free-for-all between humans/chief, covies, flood, and promethians.

> 2533274825830455;8:
> On the scale of the overall campaign I’ve always preferred the pacing and atmosphere from CE where you are alone, or at the very least not part of a big, highly organized force. The idea of a huge battle with a lot of stuff going on doesn’t really arouse any interest in me. I guess if it was appropriate for the narrative, I wouldn’t have anything against it, but I find it difficult to imagine a narrative that reconciles that with my overall desire for a much more lonely, serene, and slower experience than we had in Halo 5.

I like the lone stuff in CE but it was also pretty cool coming across Marines and Covenant and/or Flood in scuffles. Like when you emerge in Assault on the Control Room and a Wraith and turret are shooting at your buds in trees. And in Two Betrayals when Flood are advancing on a Covenant fortified hill. You kinda sweep in during a battle that’s pretty cool, instead of them waiting for demon.

A really big battle on a large map with multiple objectives and allies everywhere would be very fun.

I definitely want bigger, large scale battles, but I want off world / halo battles too. Long Night of Solace was one the best missions in any game imo, more of that is very welcome imo. I often found myself pausing in Halo missions, looking at the sky, looking to a valley, and thinking, why can’t we play there ?