I hope the TU fixes grenades being shot out of the air.

It’s just another luck-based, unintentional disadvantage to the grenade thrower. Do grenades need a counter? Yes, but it shouldn’t be luck-based.

facepalm

Nope. You shoot a grenade with a precision weapon and it explodes. You can also shoot grenades that are on the ground but aren’t thrown. Grenades need multiple counters:. If you got shot once and there’s a grenade, it’s an instant kill. And people spam it too much, Ect.

It’s definitely not too common thing to happen to be detrimental to gameplay. It has been a feature in every Halo game. If you removed that, it would be same as removing plasma grenades in general as there is always a chance you get a random stuck. There is also the chance that you get a random headshot with sniper just by spinning around, should we remove the ability to turn too?

The point is, all of these happen extremely rarely and for that reason have no reason to be removed. This is the kind of randomness I like: it’s fun when it happens because it only happens like every 1000th game.

You’re really complaining over nothing.

EDIT: my bad i thought you meant grenades being FIRED from the air, not being shot out of.
still, thats not really a big deal…i can see why it would annoy people though.

If someone has enough skill or enough luck to shoot a grenade out of the air, they deserve to blow the thing up IMO.

that’s fine with me. after they remove bloom, nerf the AAs, and nerf the grenades, rockets, sniper, shotgun, and sword.

It is incredibly rare and takes a good amount of skill to shoot a tiny dot out of the sky.

grenades have always been able to be shot out of the air. It was one of my favorite things to do to people on H2, blowing up a grenade in their face that is…

For that matter, Rockets can also be shot out of the air… I have seen a friend do it with a gauss hog before.

Hasn’t this been possible since Halo 2?

I actually like how the grenades can be shot out of the air. Is there a bit of luck to that? Yea sure but I think it’s the same kind of luck as when you notice your being shot from one side and you whip around and fire a sniper bullet and happen to blow the guy’s face off. It’s a fun little bit of unpredictability that I think adds to the experience.

I’ll still never forget when I played Counter-Strike years ago when two hand grenades collided in mid air o_O

> Ignores off topic Bloom posts
>
> I actually like how the grenades can be shot out of the air. Is there a bit of luck to that? Yea sure but I think it’s the same kind of luck as when you notice your being shot from one side and you whip around and fire a sniper bullet and happen to blow the guy’s face off. It’s a fun little bit of unpredictability that I think adds to the experience.
>
> I’ll still never forget when I played Counter-Strike years ago when two hand grenades collided in mid air o_O

Agreed.

I like that you can pop someone’s shields by throwing a nade at them.
I like that you can kill someone by throwing a nade at them.
I like that you can shoot grenades to make them blow up.

I’m going to spend the whole weekend looking for that Reflection video where the guy uses a sniper rifle to snipe a grenade down the hall to kill someone hiding around the corner, EPIC.

> I’m going to spend the whole weekend looking for that Reflection video where the guy uses a sniper rifle to snipe a grenade down the hall to kill someone hiding around the corner, EPIC.

Whaaat? Did he do it on purpose? You should post a link when you find it so that everyone to see! :smiley: well I wanna see anyway… Haha.

But more on topic, it really does annoy me when I throw a grenade and someone shoots it and I blow up and die. I think the main reason it gets to me is because nobody actually TRYS to do this… They just shoot at you and it happens, sometimes they don’t even know it happened. And even though it bugs the hell outta me, it seems like the right thing to just leave it in the game. Why? I’m assuming that if I went in my backyard, threw a grenade in the air, and shot it (even though it’d probably take me multiple times) that grenade would most likely blow up.

And I also thought I’d add, it’s not as rare as everyone on here says… “It only happens once every 1000th game…” No, it happens to me at least once or twice every week, sometimes more, and I don’t probably don’t even play 100 games a week. So yeah it’s pretty rare, but it still happens enough so that it’s pretty annoying.

> > I’m going to spend the whole weekend looking for that Reflection video where the guy uses a sniper rifle to snipe a grenade down the hall to kill someone hiding around the corner, EPIC.
>
> Whaaat? Did he do it on purpose? You should post a link when you find it so that everyone to see! :smiley: well I wanna see anyway… Haha.

So, I haz no link, but I did find it on Waypoint.

Turn on your xbox, load up Waypoint,

Intel>Archive>Community>Top 5>Top 5: Season 3.5>Top 5: Top Shot Sniper

I’ve sent you the recommendation via Waypoint, you should get it when you turn on your xbox. It’s shot #3 in the top 5.

Enjoy!

Don’t bring a nade to a gunfight.

I think you should stop spamming nades while being shot at.

> It is incredibly rare and takes a good amount of skill to shoot a tiny dot out of the sky.

Like 90% of grenades that are shot out of the air are shot on purpose. >.>

I think its pretty hard to do and a neat physics feature aswell. So it should stay

> I think its pretty hard to do and a neat physics feature aswell. So it should stay

Isn’t it awesome when it happens? Even if you don’t damage the other player.

ive honestly never seen it happen once…

I feel like such a badass when I shoot a grenade out of the air. It’s an awesome feature.