I hope the next Halo doesn't focus on S-117

I really want it to focus on The Arbiter and his struggle to calm the storm faction, reinstate the ceasefire, and rebuild the elites’ report with humanity.

They’ve already said that “Halo Xbox 1” is an fps set after Halo 4 starring Master Chief. That doesn’t mean they can’t make the continuing story of Sanghelios a central plot line that the Chief is involved in.

I want Jul to publicly disgrace Thel

they could do it with MC being the main character but you can get the arbiter to help you throughout it and as a kind of side mission after the game you could go do it for him maybe as a DLC

> they could do it with MC being the main character but you can get the arbiter to help you throughout it and as a kind of side mission after the game you could go do it for him maybe as a DLC

Replace Spartan ops with Sanghelli Ops.

> > they could do it with MC being the main character but you can get the arbiter to help you throughout it and as a kind of side mission after the game you could go do it for him maybe as a DLC
>
> Replace Spartan ops with Sanghelli Ops.

yes. but they’d call Elite ops

Focus on Thel? We already have an entire comic for that coming in December. Halo: Escalation, plus while he is not a main character he does appear in the Kilo Five trilogy of novels.

> > > they could do it with MC being the main character but you can get the arbiter to help you throughout it and as a kind of side mission after the game you could go do it for him maybe as a DLC
> >
> > Replace Spartan ops with Sanghelli Ops.
>
> yes. but they’d call Elite ops

Sangheili Ops sounds better

I do want Arby to appear in the game, but not instead of Master Chief. John’s story and struggles are important too.

> I want Jul to publicly disgrace Thel

Highly doubt that.

EDIT: Unless you mean vice versa.

Also, it will and should focus on Chief, as intended. I would like Thel back, sure, but focus remains on John.

> > I want Jul to publicly disgrace Thel
>
> Highly doubt that.
>
> EDIT: Unless you mean vice versa.

Seeing that Thel is bluntly ignorant to ONI’s actions behind the scenes… I’d say that Jul should enlighten his misguided leader.

> > > I want Jul to publicly disgrace Thel
> >
> > Highly doubt that.
> >
> > EDIT: Unless you mean vice versa.
>
> Seeing that Thel is bluntly ignorant to ONI’s actions behind the scenes… I’d say that Jul should enlighten his misguided leader.

Have to agree. Just because humanity is the protagonist doesn’t mean they are the “good guys.”

> > > > I want Jul to publicly disgrace Thel
> > >
> > > Highly doubt that.
> > >
> > > EDIT: Unless you mean vice versa.
> >
> > Seeing that Thel is bluntly ignorant to ONI’s actions behind the scenes… I’d say that Jul should enlighten his misguided leader.
>
> Have to agree. Just because humanity is the protagonist doesn’t mean they are the “good guys.”

Why? What has ONI been doing? Judging by their record for secrets, I’m willing to guess it’s not good.

Read that wrong, in my mind was meaning a hand-to-hand combat scenario.

> > > > > I want Jul to publicly disgrace Thel
> > > >
> > > > Highly doubt that.
> > > >
> > > > EDIT: Unless you mean vice versa.
> > >
> > > Seeing that Thel is bluntly ignorant to ONI’s actions behind the scenes… I’d say that Jul should enlighten his misguided leader.
> >
> > Have to agree. Just because humanity is the protagonist doesn’t mean they are the “good guys.”
>
> Why? What has ONI been doing? Judging by their record for secrets, I’m willing to guess it’s not good.

Trying to wipe out the Sangheili through Biological Warfare, using Jul as a test subject, providing some Sangheili weapons, interfering with the Sangheili Civil War

> > > > > I want Jul to publicly disgrace Thel
> > > >
> > > > Highly doubt that.
> > > >
> > > > EDIT: Unless you mean vice versa.
> > >
> > > Seeing that Thel is bluntly ignorant to ONI’s actions behind the scenes… I’d say that Jul should enlighten his misguided leader.
> >
> > Have to agree. Just because humanity is the protagonist doesn’t mean they are the “good guys.”
>
> Why? What has ONI been doing? Judging by their record for secrets, I’m willing to guess it’s not good.

Oh, nothing serious, just arming the faction that opposes the Arbiter in hopes they overthrow him, and are currently trying to poison the Sangheili food supply so they can colonize Sanghelios when they’re all dead or at least small enough in populace to control.
Again, nothing big…

/sarcasm

> > > > > > I want Jul to publicly disgrace Thel
> > > > >
> > > > > Highly doubt that.
> > > > >
> > > > > EDIT: Unless you mean vice versa.
> > > >
> > > > Seeing that Thel is bluntly ignorant to ONI’s actions behind the scenes… I’d say that Jul should enlighten his misguided leader.
> > >
> > > Have to agree. Just because humanity is the protagonist doesn’t mean they are the “good guys.”
> >
> > Why? What has ONI been doing? Judging by their record for secrets, I’m willing to guess it’s not good.
>
> Oh, nothing serious, just arming the faction that opposes the Arbiter in hopes they overthrow him, and are currently trying to poison the Sangheili food supply so they can colonize Sanghelios when they’re all dead or at least small enough in populace to control.
> Again, nothing big…
>
>
>
> /sarcasm

More or less this. Humanity is still the protagonist because we identify with them and participate as part of that faction (and in game the moral abiguity of the greater fiction hasn’t been expressed). They’ve done a good job in the fiction of really illustrating the moral complexities of fighting a war to win, especially while xenocide is on the table.

Ender’s Game and its less accessible sequels are some of my favorite novels explicitly because of this kind of story telling.

> > > > > > I want Jul to publicly disgrace Thel
> > > > >
> > > > > Highly doubt that.
> > > > >
> > > > > EDIT: Unless you mean vice versa.
> > > >
> > > > Seeing that Thel is bluntly ignorant to ONI’s actions behind the scenes… I’d say that Jul should enlighten his misguided leader.
> > >
> > > Have to agree. Just because humanity is the protagonist doesn’t mean they are the “good guys.”
> >
> > Why? What has ONI been doing? Judging by their record for secrets, I’m willing to guess it’s not good.
>
> Oh, nothing serious, just arming the faction that opposes the Arbiter in hopes they overthrow him, and are currently trying to poison the Sangheili food supply so they can colonize Sanghelios when they’re all dead or at least small enough in populace to control.
> Again, nothing big…
>
>
>
> /sarcasm

You make it sound like ONI are the bad guys…

/sarcasm

I’d love a Arby/Chief Campaign like Halo 2, with some missions like Halo 3 where Arbiter and Chief work together.