I hope the flod is in it

Please just add the floood

Yes please!

> 2535422962467826;1:
> Please just add the floood

I personally think the game will focus on the Banished rather than the Flood, which have had a lot of screen time already in the Halo games. I reckon they will come as part of DLC at a later date.

I doubt it - and even if it will not be pleasing. Storys need time to enroll, wich HI cant provide.

The H1-H3 Flood ark was build over several games and lead to a Ark-wide conclusion. First-Ark-Flood followed the pasing: Discovering (a threat to every race), analysing, fighting (and uniting), defeating the common enemy. - just fighting it again would ruin your first arks conclusion.

H4-H6/HI is centered around the mental - Forerunner Rule - AI Rule - and most likely Humankind/RaceAlliance Rule over the galaxy.
Bringing in the Flood would ruin that first arks structure - and can only be one thing, to much for too little time/game.

> 2533274829935313;4:
> I doubt it - and even if it will not be pleasing. Storys need time to enroll, wich HI cant provide.
>
> The H1-H3 Flood ark was build over several games and lead to a Ark-wide conclusion. First-Ark-Flood followed the pasing: Discovering (a threat to every race), analysing, fighting (and uniting), defeating the common enemy. - just fighting it again would ruin your first arks conclusion.
>
> H4-H6/HI is centered around the mental - Forerunner Rule - AI Rule - and most likely Humankind/RaceAlliance Rule over the galaxy.
> Bringing in the Flood would ruin that first arks structure - and can only be one thing, to much for too little time/game.

What if the flood corrupted Cortana? I think it would be a nice mix, but I am not counting on it. I would like some instance of the flood, but not necessarily as enemies. We are going to be on a Halo lol.

While the addition of the Flood would lead to a complex story, I think it’s likelier that we’ll see them included rather than excluded at some point during Infinite’s lifetime.

Firstly the locale: this is Zeta halo, a ring notorious for its experiments on the Flood. It would be very weird if this ring was chosen at random, as there’s still a few undiscovered ones. So why choose a ring with this kind of history if you’re not going to include the Flood (at some point)? Makes little sense to me.

Secondly, a few years back they got a narrative writer from the Batman Arkham series on board (forgot the name), who has notable experience with weaving multiple factions into the same story. I haven’t played those games, but as far as I’ve heard he’s done a pretty good job there. Why get someone like him on board if you’re going to exclude a faction like the Flood?

Lastly, it’s a spiritual reboot. It could very well be possible that they’ll reintroduce the Flood in a similar manner as Halo CE, from which they’ve apparently drawn a lot of inspiration.

While I agree that it’s likely that the first story arc will solely focus on the Banished, I think it’s only a matter of time before we run into the Flood once more.

It seems likely that the flood will make a return after Awakening the Nightmare DLC for Halo wars 2, though whether they’ll show up in Infinite is another matter entirely. Personally I hope they do in a subtle horrifying way like in CE but if they don’t show up I’ll be okay since we get to fight the banished. I imagine one day we’ll get the chance to fight the flood once more, and if it’s not in infinite then it will be in a future game I’m sure. We’ll have our chance.

I mean we haven’t seen 343’s rendition of the flood yet and I’m curious how they would work their mechanics and design.

> 2533274888317569;8:
> I mean we haven’t seen 343’s rendition of the flood yet and I’m curious how they would work their mechanics and design.

Both need a complete overhaul lol

> 2535422962467826;1:
> Please just add the floood

While I’m not adversed to the Flood making a reappearance I do want it done right. By this I mean….

let us get through the main campaign and it’s Banished focused story first (this is assuming the Flood won’t show up and make things a four way battle.)

when/if they do bring them back I want them to have actual environmental effects. Less wildlife or none at all due to having been converted, clouds of flood spores, flood mounds and more.

The flood on next gen would look spectacular! Plus imagine how many more flood could be on the map at once with current gen technology…

Halo Infinite is set on Zeta Halo! I’d honestly be very shocked and very upset if they didn’t show the flood. At least put them in a DLC if they aren’t in the core game but I’ll be upset if they’re not in the Core game or even in DLC. They HAVE to have the Flood

There is no denying that The Flood will appear in Halo Infinite, it is a fact. The correct question is when will they appear? In the base game? In a future expansion like Halo Wars 2? We will only find out in time, and I hope that if it is a future expansion, it will come with a PVE wave mode in the multi, as well as a battle pass with skins dedicated to The Flood.

With the amount of set up they ha received id e surprised if the game doesn’t feature reworked flood and prometheans alongside the banished. I just hope the AI is better than 4 and 5s.

> 2535406610705634;12:
> Halo Infinite is set on Zeta Halo! I’d honestly be very shocked and very upset if they didn’t show the flood. At least put them in a DLC if they aren’t in the core game but I’ll be upset if they’re not in the Core game or even in DLC. They HAVE to have the Flood

This is how they will be incorporated I think.

> 2607664605677189;3:
> > 2535422962467826;1:
> > Please just add the floood
>
> I personally think the game will focus on the Banished rather than the Flood, which have had a lot of screen time already in the Halo games. I reckon they will come as part of DLC at a later date.

This is my thought too. I’m guessing the initial campaign is going to focus on establishing the banished as the new primary foe while also wrapping up the created storyline. Currently my money is on a tease for them in an after-credits scene that teases their arrival for a DLC.

Isn’t the ring in infinite supposed to have something to do with flood in the lore?

The Flood is over guys, just accept that. Every single Halo ring, humanity (correct me if I am wrong… are decommissioned and the flood specimens destroyed). The Halo ring firing killed the last gravemind. Plus flood on any barren planet is probably dead to lack of food.

I don’t know if there will be floods in infinite for a reason: if Infinite’s campaign is a semi-open world, floods would be absolutely everywhere because almost impossible to contain them in one place.

Afterwards, it is possible that they contained in a place of the halo and that they manage to escape there during the campaign, marking a turning point in the main story of Halo Infinite.

I think it’s not gonna happen