I hope the DMR doesn't get nerfed....

What I find alarming is that if 343 changed one gun, then the other guns might be changed as well. I swear they better not nerf the DMR. I don’t understand why people say the DMR has bullet magnetism… I always lose a long range firefight with a DMR user because I can’t seem to place a headshot on them. People probably think it’s because of the killcam, which is bugged by the way. DMR is kinda boring to use, I been using the BR and Boltshot or BR with Assault rifle and racking up more kills than when i was using the DMR. Maybe it was a good thing the Boltshot got nerfed, maybe it wasn’t. I been hearing it’s still a one shot kill, but the range just went down. I don’t really know. It was kind of annoying losing to people with Boltshot when you carried a shotgun, but it’s just that i thought the Boltshot was fine as it it. Sure it is overpowered, but you don’t see people racking up the kills. It wasn’t unstoppable, it was just that the Boltshot’s quick kill made it a nice defensive weapon while being chased by someone wanting to finish you off. I have never played a match were i was dominated by a team using boltshots. It is annoying getting killed by the Boltshot, but no way is it overpowered.

> What I find alarming is that if 343 changed one gun, then the other guns might be changed as well. I swear they better not nerf the DMR. <mark>I don’t understand why people say the DMR has bullet magnetism</mark>… I always lose a long range firefight with a DMR user because I can’t seem to place a headshot on them. People probably think it’s because of the killcam, which is bugged by the way. DMR is kinda boring to use, I been using the BR and Boltshot or BR with Assault rifle and racking up more kills than when i was using the DMR. Maybe it was a good thing the Boltshot got nerfed, maybe it wasn’t. I been hearing it’s still a one shot kill, but the range just went down. I don’t really know. It was kind of annoying losing to people with Boltshot when you carried a shotgun, but it’s just that i thought the Boltshot was fine as it it. Sure it is overpowered, but you don’t see people racking up the kills. It wasn’t unstoppable, it was just that the Boltshot’s quick kill made it a nice defensive weapon while being chased by someone wanting to finish you off. I have never played a match were i was dominated by a team using boltshots. It is annoying getting killed by the Boltshot, but no way is it overpowered.

We say it has bullet magnetism, because, wait for it…

It has bullet magnetism! An overdose of it in fact!

It’s the rate of fire, it’s aim assist range and the bullet magnetism combined that makes the DMR overpowered.

I hope the DMR gets a nerf because as of right now it’s the best weapon in the game ant any range

Honestly I think most of the population thinks it Overpowered because it is the most used weapon. I been killing people with the BR and Assault rifle while the enemy had a DMR. Sure they have an advantage long range, but when i close the distance I usally finish them off easily by hopping all over the place. Again I still don’t know where people are getting the aim assist and Bullet Magnetism because I’m a terrible shot at Team SWAT and I never seem to get headshots, so which is why I prefer the DMR. It may appear is has good aim, but people just have good aim so where it is not hard to pull of headshots because I seem to have been dominated by Carbine users every now and then. I don’t blame the aim assist or bullet magnetism or whatever it is, I just blame myself for being terrible against perfect shots. Halo 4 is a game where you have to adapt. I think I have adapted to people using DMRs because I kill them with the Assault rifle.

In my experience, the DMR is only truly OP on maps with long lines of sight (Pretty much all of BTB, Complex and Crimson DLC). When you can dip around a corner, it suddenly starts losing out to weapons that can either deliver individual shots faster or compensate by firing bursts.

That being said, simply tweaking the base damage to 110% boosts other weapons in comparison to the DMR (BR becomes 4 shot kill, Carbine 7) while the DMR remains virtually unchanged (though it’s still a 5 shot kill from full shields, it does have that extra punch that could ruin the day of someone weakened.)