I hope Palmer ends up liking Halsey

I hope that by the end of Spartan Ops that Cathrine Halsey does something to make Palmer and Majestic squad respect and maybe even ‘like’ her.

I mean, I thought that the evil old woman thing is Traviss’ novels was refreshing, but Palmer can’t even open her mouth without spewing some Halsey-Hate. And then when she pulled the gun on her, I thought ‘seriously?’

At least Lasky realises how valuable she is to the UNSC.

I think they will reach a grudging mutual respect at some point.

It almost looks as if this will happen in the next episode, at least partially. Thorne is the new guy who only recently came aboard and became a Spartan. Halsey’s line to him at the end of the preview seems to suggest that he is open to hearing what she has to say when she explains herself. He may be the one who realizes that she knows what she did was bad but without her work there would be no humanity or even a Spartan-IV project.

> It almost looks as if this will happen in the next episode, at least partially. Thorne is the new guy who only recently came aboard and became a Spartan. Halsey’s line to him at the end of the preview seems to suggest that he is open to hearing what she has to say when she explains herself. He may be the one who realizes that she knows what she did was bad but without her work there would be no humanity or even a Spartan-IV project.

My thoughts exactly, without Halsey, they wouldn’t be where they are now. Though her actions may be questionable, she’s deserving of respect, especially from Spartans.

> It almost looks as if this will happen in the next episode, at least partially. Thorne is the new guy who only recently came aboard and became a Spartan. Halsey’s line to him at the end of the preview seems to suggest that he is open to hearing what she has to say when she explains herself. He may be the one who realizes that she knows what she did was bad but without her work there would be no humanity or even a Spartan-IV project.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Well said.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

lol who the -Yoink- cares if they like each other. WHy does every one have to be buddy buddy like (you -Yoink!- -Yoink- i suck yours). no one cares.

Every time there’s a slight indication that this character doesn’t like this character, I see someone going "OMGGG why the -Yoink- doesn’t this dude like this dude omg omg "

The librarian basically said that the entire spartan-II program was the result of HER tinkering. You almost can’t even blame halsey.

I imagine that them finding the librarian AI will be part of Halseys redemption. It will tell them the truth, they’ll all feel like idiots. etcetc.

Halsey speaking to the Librarian. Now that is a conversation I would love to hear.

> lol who the -Yoink!-

They don’t have to be all “buddy buddy,” but it would be refreshing to see Halsey not depicted as some hideous Baba Yaga role previously occupied - and rightfully so - by Parangosky.

I just don’t get how Palmer doesn’t understand the importance of Halseys work or how sometimes people have to make tough decisions.

I mean… she’s a soldier and she’s a commander as well. She surely must have had to make tough calls.

I can imagine her beginning to respect or understand Halsey but I think that would be just too forced you know?

“Palmer suddenly realises that sometimes people make tough calls for the greater good. She reflects upon this and feels grateful that she doesn’t have to make tough calls every day as a Commander in the Spartan-IV army.”

Oh this game still exists. Oh dear.

She likely doesn’t understand the importance of it because for 5 years (possibly longer) Parangosky has been lying through her teeth about Halsey’s work, discrediting it and likely planting heavy seeds of dissent with the Spartan IV’s.

> The librarian basically said that the entire spartan-II program was the result of HER tinkering. You almost can’t even blame halsey.
>
> I imagine that them finding the librarian AI will be part of Halseys redemption. It will tell them the truth, they’ll all feel like idiots. etcetc.

That’s a very interesting thought–I See this happening in the future.

> The librarian basically said that the entire spartan-II program was the result of HER tinkering. You almost can’t even blame halsey.
>
> I imagine that them finding the librarian AI will be part of Halseys redemption. It will tell them the truth, they’ll all feel like idiots. etcetc.

The Librarian tinkering was only on the genetic superiority of the Spartans. Everything else from kidnapping was all Halsey.

> > The librarian basically said that the entire spartan-II program was the result of HER tinkering. You almost can’t even blame halsey.
> >
> > I imagine that them finding the librarian AI will be part of Halseys redemption. It will tell them the truth, they’ll all feel like idiots. etcetc.
>
> The Librarian tinkering was only on the genetic superiority of the Spartans. Everything else from kidnapping was all Halsey.

They’re both equally to blame, but at this point, the scope of the Librarian’s intentions are so beyond any person’s comprehension, that trying to “blame her” for her plans manifesting as the Spartan project would be ridiculous. And while you would think the Librarian’s seeds would absolve Halsey, they certainly don’t. She’s still a thinking individual with intentions and free will. She still masterminded the Spartan-II project.

What still makes no sense to me is the reasoning behind Mendez not being arrested as a war criminal. I would understand if Halsey was arrested because she fled and kidnapped Kelly, but it’s insinuated so many times that she’s in custody because of her role in the Spartans. Which makes no sense.

> > The librarian basically said that the entire spartan-II program was the result of HER tinkering. You almost can’t even blame halsey.
> >
> > I imagine that them finding the librarian AI will be part of Halseys redemption. It will tell them the truth, they’ll all feel like idiots. etcetc.
>
> The Librarian tinkering was only on the genetic superiority of the Spartans. Everything else from kidnapping was all Halsey.

Go watch the scene again.

She specifically says “Your physical evolution, your combat skin (armor), even your ancilla, cortana.”

I bet the genetic markers that all spartan-IIs possess were all part of the librarians plan. Everything right down to the children she chose was the librarians doing.

Is that an implication that Halsey herself was planned by the Librarian?

I really liked the idea that humanity had attained greatness through its own merit and genetic superiority. It’s a shame that it seems like it was all just because of the Librarian tinkering with it.

I suppose the genetic traits laid by the Librarian have always been hinted at in the books with John and Fred intuitively understanding Forerunner and Covenant technology.

Palmer better start being nice to Halsey. Seriously, it’s annoying how she’s disrespecting “Mom” like that!