I hope halo 3 ranking system comes back in next halo game

because right now i just hate the reach rank system.

it dosent show skill
gaining a new rank dosent feel acomplishing since you dont have to be good to rank up
and it created AFKing in firefight and regular MM

bungie said they removed it because players didnt like being told they suck. but isnt the point of a rank system at all to say if your good or bad? I mean seriously it’s not that bad, and if your doing bad than go practive with freinds to get some more skill.

when the BPR first came out for reach on the stats page I started thinking “man i need to get better” and i have been working on it, my K/D ratio has gotten better as well as my win loss ration because i want to earn something that feels achieveing.

how many other people agree with me?

AFKing in FF barely earns you 10k cR before you get banned. Not really a big deal.

> AFKing in FF barely earns you 10k cR before you get banned. Not really a big deal.

dosent change the fact it’s annoying and takes away from your experience of gameplay

LOL10k credits b4 u get banned?? Have u looked at the list of Re-Lamers??? Also A LOT of 50’s in halo3 were built off 48 hour trial cards a similar thing goes on in Reach but. Who cares either way I guess

O and I suck bad at this game so like the way it works now

This I know, if I choose skill in my search options, I am more than likely to be put into a room of those close to my TS level.

If I go in as a random single, I am more likely to be put in a room of pairs and singles (population dependent) than I am into a room of a pair of 3s and 1 other random. No matter the search options.

If I go in with a full team (not party) I am very, very likely to be matched up with other teams of 4. I am very likely to encounter a team of 3 with 1 random if I don’t get a team 4 for my opponent.

And rank never indicated anything after 5 months into Halo2 or 3 either. By then, the system exploiting itself and the account selling had “50s” playing free, 48 hour and 1 month cards, playing up the ranks, mingling with the lower crowd and stomping on them. And with that, the bought Generals were getting stomped on until they got pushed back down their the actual level… but it didn’t matter, they had their General.

My only complaint about H2 and H3, was while observing the above paragraph, that if I had to take a break for an extended time, the return into things would go unpleasant.

> it dosent show skill

I’m sorry i have a different opinion. In my eyes, Halo has never been a competitive game, in saying that, hardly anyone looks at your service record to see skill except those ‘MLG players’ and ‘people who are in it to win it’.

Halo is about fun, it always has been, asking to change the ranking system back to Halo 3 will just kill it in my opinion, why can’t it stay the way Bungie designed Reach’s ranking system? Its kick–Yoink- and its well created in my opinion.

There are probably a lot of players out there who want the system to be better suited for those on the competitive side of things, maybe thinking of an alternative that creates a ranking system that doesn’t show your skill but does at the same time.

Plus, who needs to read skill when you can just join a game with someone and prove it?

Besides you do know how many people boosted in halo 3 to get the true skill rank 50, nearly all of them ive come across many and they all didnt play very well. Besides the only one that mattered was in FFA because in every other game type you had your mates play as well. Also for games like team swat it eventually became a game of whos connection is better not whos the better player.

> > it dosent show skill
>
> I’m sorry i have a different opinion. In my eyes, Halo has never been a competitive game, in saying that, hardly anyone looks at your service record to see skill except those ‘MLG players’ and ‘people who are in it to win it’.
>
> Halo is about fun, it always has been, asking to change the ranking system back to Halo 3 will just kill it in my opinion, why can’t it stay the way Bungie designed Reach’s ranking system? Its kick-Yoink! and its well created in my opinion.
>
> There are probably a lot of players out there who want the system to be better suited for those on the competitive side of things, maybe thinking of an alternative that creates a ranking system that doesn’t show your skill but does at the same time.
>
> Plus, who needs to read skill when you can just join a game with someone and prove it?

Ok, you won me over :smiley:

> > it dosent show skill
>
> I’m sorry i have a different opinion. In my eyes, Halo has never been a competitive game, in saying that, hardly anyone looks at your service record to see skill except those ‘MLG players’ and ‘people who are in it to win it’.
>
> Halo is about fun, it always has been, asking to change the ranking system back to Halo 3 will just kill it in my opinion, why can’t it stay the way Bungie designed Reach’s ranking system? Its kick-Yoink! and its well created in my opinion.
>
> There are probably a lot of players out there who want the system to be better suited for those on the competitive side of things, maybe thinking of an alternative that creates a ranking system that doesn’t show your skill but does at the same time.
>
> Plus, who needs to read skill when you can just join a game with someone and prove it?

What the hell are you serious? Halo is the Gran Daddy of all FPS competetive multiplayer games. Its one of the most competetive games if not the most. In this game you can get shot twice in the head and if your good enough take out your opponent regardless of your healt. Cant say the same for Battle field or call of duty. I’m sorry but Halo was built off of competitiveness, YOU just chose it to play it for fun.

> > > it dosent show skill
> >
> > I’m sorry i have a different opinion. In my eyes, Halo has never been a competitive game, in saying that, hardly anyone looks at your service record to see skill except those ‘MLG players’ and ‘people who are in it to win it’.
> >
> > Halo is about fun, it always has been, asking to change the ranking system back to Halo 3 will just kill it in my opinion, why can’t it stay the way Bungie designed Reach’s ranking system? Its kick-Yoink! and its well created in my opinion.
> >
> > There are probably a lot of players out there who want the system to be better suited for those on the competitive side of things, maybe thinking of an alternative that creates a ranking system that doesn’t show your skill but does at the same time.
> >
> > Plus, who needs to read skill when you can just join a game with someone and prove it?
>
> What the hell are you serious? Halo is the Gran Daddy of all FPS competetive multiplayer games. Its one of the most competetive games if not the most. In this game you can get shot twice in the head and if your good enough take out your opponent regardless of your healt. Cant say the same for Battle field or call of duty. I’m sorry but Halo was built off of competitiveness, YOU just chose it to play it for fun.

halo was made to be played for fun or competativeness, or at least it used to be before a bunch of this stupid stuff happened, no rank to show off or feel glad about getting, and bloom takes away skill in DMR duels since it’s based on randomness.

all in all I dont see what is so bad about bringing in a rank systtem that shows skill, yes their was boosting and selling 50s, but which would you rather have, the credit one that promotes AFKing and dosent show skill or feel acomplishing, OR the rank system where it feels acomplishing to earn a rank, and people who buy 50s basically hurth themselves since they fight people much more advanced than them, and boosting is a problem in either rank system. in all fairness while neither is perfect the old one seems a lot better to the current one

> > it dosent show skill
>
>
>
>

halo isnt competitive? are you -Yoinking!- kidding me? lol halo is the most competitive xbox game in xbox history. and fun is subjective. some people actually have fun ranking up. ranking up in this game only reflects on how much time you have played. halo 3 had it right because the players who play casually can play social playlist. everyone else has the ranked playlist. this game its just one big social playist + arena(which is a horrible ranking system and only has 1.5k).

> because right now i just hate the reach rank system.
>
> it dosent show skill
> gaining a new rank dosent feel acomplishing since you dont have to be good to rank up
> and it created AFKing in firefight and regular MM
>
> bungie said they removed it because players didnt like being told they suck. but isnt the point of a rank system at all to say if your good or bad? I mean seriously it’s not that bad, and if your doing bad than go practive with freinds to get some more skill.
>
> when the BPR first came out for reach on the stats page I started thinking “man i need to get better” and i have been working on it, my K/D ratio has gotten better as well as my win loss ration because i want to earn something that feels achieveing.
>
> how many other people agree with me?

How doesn’t The Arena measure your rank? It gives you a division within the community, a percentage IN that division, and the opportunity to rank up daily, pushing players below you.

> > it dosent show skill
>
>
>
>

so halo has always been about fun and not ranks, then how do you explain H2 and H3 having a ranking system?

pretty sure those are halo games…

> > because right now i just hate the reach rank system.
> >
> > it dosent show skill
> > gaining a new rank dosent feel acomplishing since you dont have to be good to rank up
> > and it created AFKing in firefight and regular MM
> >
> > bungie said they removed it because players didnt like being told they suck. but isnt the point of a rank system at all to say if your good or bad? I mean seriously it’s not that bad, and if your doing bad than go practive with freinds to get some more skill.
> >
> > when the BPR first came out for reach on the stats page I started thinking “man i need to get better” and i have been working on it, my K/D ratio has gotten better as well as my win loss ration because i want to earn something that feels achieveing.
> >
> > how many other people agree with me?
>
> How doesn’t The Arena measure your rank? It gives you a division within the community, a percentage IN that division, and the opportunity to rank up daily, pushing players below you.

yeah but thats JUST arena, i want a rank for outside of arena I can feel acomplished about

> > > because right now i just hate the reach rank system.
> > >
> > > it dosent show skill
> > > gaining a new rank dosent feel acomplishing since you dont have to be good to rank up
> > > and it created AFKing in firefight and regular MM
> > >
> > > bungie said they removed it because players didnt like being told they suck. but isnt the point of a rank system at all to say if your good or bad? I mean seriously it’s not that bad, and if your doing bad than go practive with freinds to get some more skill.
> > >
> > > when the BPR first came out for reach on the stats page I started thinking “man i need to get better” and i have been working on it, my K/D ratio has gotten better as well as my win loss ration because i want to earn something that feels achieveing.
> > >
> > > how many other people agree with me?
> >
> > How doesn’t The Arena measure your rank? It gives you a division within the community, a percentage IN that division, and the opportunity to rank up daily, pushing players below you.
>
> yeah but thats JUST arena, i want a rank for outside of arena I can feel acomplished about

Why? You want to ruin the game for me? I sometimes enjoy playing ranked Halo, so I go to the Arena. For everything else, there are multiple different playlists I can play at my pleasure. It’s delightful. In Halo 3 it was so painfully centered around ranking; horrible. And besides, what’s the point of a ranked playlist if you’re just going to have “something outside of it” to feel accomplished about? You want accomplishment, get good marks in school, go to college, and have a successful career. I personally play Halo for fun. Competitiveness is not life. Keep my competition separate from my fun please, 343.