i hope for machine learning bots or true ai

I am happy with the bots from the flight. What I am asking for is simply on a wishlist.

If the bots were machine learning, we could see them improve over time.

But it would be even cooler if ai researchers tried to make a true halo bot that is superior to human pro players.

We have seen bots in chess, jeopardy and go that are superior to human players. if such a bot existed, I would be training with them very often. It would be fun to see the champion teams to face off with the bots.

> 2535424690681893;1:
> I am happy with the bots from the flight. What I am asking for is simply on a wishlist.
>
> If the bots were machine learning, we could see them improve over time.
>
> But it would be even cooler if ai researchers tried to make a true halo bot that is superior to human pro players.
>
> We have seen bots in chess, jeopardy and go that are superior to human players. if such a bot existed, I would be training with them very often. It would be fun to see the champion teams to face off with the bots.

AI in the 21st Century is really a used an abused term. AI technology for a 3D game that has X, Y, and Z axis with a multitude of accounting for other players X, Y, and Z axis while moving through a 3D environment and picking up and using weapons that have different purposes is extremely difficult. AI in Chess and Jeopardy ar pretty easy to implement as it uses statistical probability and chess only has a X, Y axis to worry about and a 2D board with predefined places it can move.

True AI? Good luck with getting away from your machine overlords when the AI “wakes up”.

> 2533274824545186;3:
> True AI? Good luck with getting away from your machine overlords when the AI “wakes up”.

yeah i didnt use the right word there. I meant like the chess, go and jeopardy bots.

Have we learned nothing from Halo 5 story. :rofl:

Im curious how far bots could go with machine learning and if they could supersede human skill. Other posters have pointed out that Halo is extremely complex compared to Chess which is a solved game. In Halo there is no guaranteed “correct” move, and there probably exists a little luck in positioning when predicting your opponents next play. I’m surprised that the bots we saw in the technical preview were as good as they were (which was still not good at all), they were navigating the maps somewhat intelligently, but their gunplay and map awareness was pretty terrible.

I think they just need to be turned up a few notches. I was impressed with what the bots could do in the flight but even the Spartan bots were just way too easy. Probably the equivalent to a bronze level player in competitive. Still really cool that bots are better than some players, but I was hoping when we got to Spartan level that the games would be way closer or even have a real risk of losing the match but by the end of the flight I just found myself trying to get a perfection each game.

> 2540646754085145;2:
> > 2535424690681893;1:
> > I am happy with the bots from the flight. What I am asking for is simply on a wishlist.
> >
> > If the bots were machine learning, we could see them improve over time.
> >
> > But it would be even cooler if ai researchers tried to make a true halo bot that is superior to human pro players.
> >
> > We have seen bots in chess, jeopardy and go that are superior to human players. if such a bot existed, I would be training with them very often. It would be fun to see the champion teams to face off with the bots.
>
> AI in the 21st Century is really a used an abused term. AI technology for a 3D game that has X, Y, and Z axis with a multitude of accounting for other players X, Y, and Z axis while moving through a 3D environment and picking up and using weapons that have different purposes is extremely difficult. AI in Chess and Jeopardy ar pretty easy to implement as it uses statistical probability and chess only has a X, Y axis to worry about and a 2D board with predefined places it can move.

well the jeopardy bot was not easy. It has to be able to answer english questions that are phrased in weird ways. it took a bunch of super computers and ai experts to pull off.

The go bots is relatively recent.

And in starcraft 2, alphastar bot can beat 90% of all players. But it cant handle very good players.

Not taking away anything from your true statements. Just saying you are under estimating the progress that has been made. Some people believe that next gen (2030) will have the kind of AI i am asking for in single player story modes, which could mean population shifting away from multiplayer (since singleplayer bots would be just as fun and challenging as humans)

Upload Stockfish into a Halo bot and see what happens​:exploding_head::exploding_head::joy:

pretty sure it was recorded gameplay on top of basic AI, no deep/machine learning lol, they didnt bother with coop and forge being on launch, they re gonna bother with deep learning?

gathering collective consciousness of halo players in to machine learning = nonstop -Yoink!- bot
joke aside, this is the future and we already see the glimpse of it. imagine machine learning through some sort of theater mode and the ai learn your weakness and strength and comes up with a result like exactly how you play the game, so you can team up with ai version of yourself in multiplayer.

> 2535424690681893;8:
> > 2540646754085145;2:
> > > 2535424690681893;1:
> > > I am happy with the bots from the flight. What I am asking for is simply on a wishlist.
> > >
> > > If the bots were machine learning, we could see them improve over time.
> > >
> > > But it would be even cooler if ai researchers tried to make a true halo bot that is superior to human pro players.
> > >
> > > We have seen bots in chess, jeopardy and go that are superior to human players. if such a bot existed, I would be training with them very often. It would be fun to see the champion teams to face off with the bots.
> >
> > AI in the 21st Century is really a used an abused term. AI technology for a 3D game that has X, Y, and Z axis with a multitude of accounting for other players X, Y, and Z axis while moving through a 3D environment and picking up and using weapons that have different purposes is extremely difficult. AI in Chess and Jeopardy ar pretty easy to implement as it uses statistical probability and chess only has a X, Y axis to worry about and a 2D board with predefined places it can move.
>
> well the jeopardy bot was not easy. It has to be able to answer english questions that are phrased in weird ways. it took a bunch of super computers and ai experts to pull off.
>
> The go bots is relatively recent.
>
> And in starcraft 2, alphastar bot can beat 90% of all players. But it cant handle very good players.
>
> Not taking away anything from your true statements. Just saying you are under estimating the progress that has been made. Some people believe that next gen (2030) will have the kind of AI i am asking for in single player story modes, which could mean population shifting away from multiplayer (since singleplayer bots would be just as fun and challenging as humans)

That is a fair assessment. I think what people don’t realize is that the AI of this current generation are confined to parameters/logic that are programmed into them. When a true AI will be able to develop its own logic (which doesn’t exist yet). Hopefully you are right about the 2030 AI.