I hope big team battle doesn't use skill based MM.

I think it should still be loosely used for the other social playlists. Too strict and you might as well not have ranked, too loose and it’s not fun for new/worse players.

I’m sure all of them will use it.

I want a separate lobby for BTB Slayer.

I would love to not see SBMM. IMO you have ranked for that reason, to play people near your skill. Social should be randomness fun and mixing of players.

> 2533274801200608;4:
> I would love to not see SBMM. IMO you have ranked for that reason, to play people near your skill. Social should be randomness fun and mixing of players.

I agree, I really want to put my feet up when I play social. Modern Warfare’s SBMM is horrifying. It’s basically just ranked. No chill!

Personally, Skill based Lobbies are what kept me coming back to Halo 3 All these years later. Maybe you just need more practice with the game.

> 2533274873034866;6:
> Personally, Skill based Lobbies are what kept me coming back to Halo 3 All these years later. Maybe you just need more practice with the game.

After getting to 5 star general in Halo 3 I’d say I’ve had my fair share of practice with the game.

I just want big team to be a chaotic mess, it has huge potential for a fun relaxed environment.

I think that there should be a ranked and unranked playlist, and they both work as advertised. Hidden RBMM does have the merit that you don’t run into a team that absolutely crushes you, however.

It won’t if anything it’ll go by groups of people

It’s probably gonna. We just gotta hope that it’s not gonna be that strict

What’s the point of “ranked” of other playlist have SBMM which is essentially ranked with no visible indicator of skill levels.

> 2533274868747146;9:
> It won’t if anything it’ll go by groups of people

Yeah actually that’s the biggest thing Halo 3 had over the other games in ranked. Was good how you never played a full party unless you were a full party. Much fairer system.

One person’s “relaxed” and “chill” is another person’s sweaty hell.

Team size and skill match should always be close. Shouldn’t be a problem with a massive F2P population.

> 2533274862181038;13:
> One person’s “relaxed” and “chill” is another person’s sweaty hell.
>
> Team size and skill match should always be close. Shouldn’t be a problem with a massive F2P population.

Agreed, each to there own but sbmm is perfectly fine as long as it’s toned down. If we’re being honest I haven’t joined in one match for mcc where it isn’t a sweaty hell as a noob so I’m all for sbmm (not as bad as modern warfare or cold war though).

> 2533274801200608;4:
> I would love to not see SBMM. IMO you have ranked for that reason, to play people near your skill. Social should be randomness fun and mixing of players.

I don’t really care either way, but wouldn’t this just lead to all the good players stomping new players who want to play casual? Seems kind of unfair tbh

> 2533274801036271;5:
> > 2533274801200608;4:
> > I would love to not see SBMM. IMO you have ranked for that reason, to play people near your skill. Social should be randomness fun and mixing of players.
>
> I agree, I really want to put my feet up when I play social. Modern Warfare’s SBMM is horrifying. It’s basically just ranked. No chill!

What do you mean by “chill” though? If it means that you dominate a bunch of people at a lower skill level, that means it’s only chill for you and no one else, doesn’t it? If chill means easily stomp people vs. actually challenging opponents, I’m not sure I see the benefits of not having SBMM at all.

Please lets not have another case of mcc, an amazing game ruined by sbmm in social.

> 2533274801036271;1:
> I think it should still be loosely used for the other social playlists. Too strict and you might as well not have ranked, too loose and it’s not fun for new/worse players.

I agree with this I hope they have a good balance with the matchmaking and don’t make it so heavily skill-based to the point where it’s like we are playing ranked every game.

> 2533274842327341;16:
> > 2533274801036271;5:
> > > 2533274801200608;4:
> > >
>
> What do you mean by “chill” though? If it means that you dominate a bunch of people at a lower skill level, that means it’s only chill for you and no one else, doesn’t it? If chill means easily stomp people vs. actually challenging opponents, I’m not sure I see the benefits of not having SBMM at all.

I don’t want to stomp, but it would be nice not to have to concentrate as much in a “social” playlist. Honestly, in games with tight SBMM the games are balanced but they aren’t exactly fun. It’s just ranked matches, the playstyles are all meta.

I’m all for playing people much better than me if it means I can also play much worse too. Social games I just want to have a laugh, or play with my worse friends without them going 1 kill 15 deaths and giving up after two games because they hate it.

> 2533274801036271;19:
> > 2533274842327341;16:
> > > 2533274801036271;5:
> > > > 2533274801200608;4:
> > > >
> >
> > What do you mean by “chill” though? If it means that you dominate a bunch of people at a lower skill level, that means it’s only chill for you and no one else, doesn’t it? If chill means easily stomp people vs. actually challenging opponents, I’m not sure I see the benefits of not having SBMM at all.
>
> I don’t want to stomp, but it would be nice not to have to concentrate as much in a “social” playlist. Honestly, in games with tight SBMM the games are balanced but they aren’t exactly fun. It’s just ranked matches, the playstyles are all meta.
>
> I’m all for playing people much better than me if it means I can also play much worse too. Social games I just want to have a laugh, or play with my worse friends without them going 1 kill 15 deaths and giving up after two games because they hate it.

Yeah, I hear you. I’d like that too, hope they can figure out a way to achieve something like this :slight_smile: