I hope 343 doesn't fudge up this one

After the horror that was Halo 4 I don’t have a whole lot of faith in them. They HAVE to bring back the arena shooter aspect and ditch classes if they don’t want their game to be dead in 6 months like Halo 4 was and is. It’s pretty obvious that people do not like the new direction 343 was trying to take Halo if they did there would be more people on matchmaking today. But alas Halo 4 is almost constantly tied with Reach for population and Reach is 3 years old.

What do you guys hope 343 does with the new Halo?

I agree. Ditch the class system. Halo is meant to be an arena shooter not some class based game. We have enough of those already.

Make Halo 5 what Halo is meant to be and stop trying to make Halo a generic FPS game.

I agree with the above statement.

Stop trying to mimic aspects of Call of Duty. That franchise is dying for a reason.

Sadly, that will never happen. The best thing we can hope for is that there will be a handful of loadout-less playlists at launch (and not 7 months late).

343 didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 for me, I loved the Campaign, it was amazing, I only hope they still do as well as they have with Campaign, I could care less about what happens to multiplayer (except returning the Sangheili) but I want features like sprint in Campaign, going back and playing Halo CEA, 2 and 3 on Legendary over the past few days has felt like a chore walking around

> 343 didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 for me, I loved the Campaign, it was amazing, I only hope they still do as well as they have with Campaign, I could care less about what happens to multiplayer (except returning the Sangheili) but I want features like sprint in Campaign, going back and playing Halo CEA, 2 and 3 on Legendary over the past few days has felt like a chore walking around

Halo 4’s Campaign was great but mostly because of the story (which had it’s fair share of flaws, too). The gameplay was a bit too linear, and I have a high expectation that Halo 5 will not be like that.

> > 343 didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 for me, I loved the Campaign, it was amazing, I only hope they still do as well as they have with Campaign, I could care less about what happens to multiplayer (except returning the Sangheili) but I want features like sprint in Campaign, going back and playing Halo CEA, 2 and 3 on Legendary over the past few days has felt like a chore walking around
>
> Halo 4’s Campaign was great but mostly because of the story (which had it’s fair share of flaws, too). The gameplay was a bit too linear, and I have a high expectation that Halo 5 will not be like that.

Linearity you say?, but I’m hoping for something like CE which is a little more open

> > > 343 didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 for me, I loved the Campaign, it was amazing, I only hope they still do as well as they have with Campaign, I could care less about what happens to multiplayer (except returning the Sangheili) but I want features like sprint in Campaign, going back and playing Halo CEA, 2 and 3 on Legendary over the past few days has felt like a chore walking around
> >
> > Halo 4’s Campaign was great but mostly because of the story (which had it’s fair share of flaws, too). The gameplay was a bit too linear, and I have a high expectation that Halo 5 will not be like that.
>
> Linearity you say?, but I’m hoping for something like CE which is a little more open

Sorry, didn’t catch that.
For a second there I thought you were saying that Halo 3 (the most open/sandbox Halo go to date) was linear but that was probably just the wind.

> > > > 343 didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 for me, I loved the Campaign, it was amazing, I only hope they still do as well as they have with Campaign, I could care less about what happens to multiplayer (except returning the Sangheili) but I want features like sprint in Campaign, going back and playing Halo CEA, 2 and 3 on Legendary over the past few days has felt like a chore walking around
> > >
> > > Halo 4’s Campaign was great but mostly because of the story (which had it’s fair share of flaws, too). The gameplay was a bit too linear, and I have a high expectation that Halo 5 will not be like that.
> >
> > Linearity you say?, but I’m hoping for something like CE which is a little more open
>
> Sorry, didn’t catch that.
> For a second there I thought you were saying that Halo 3 (the most open/sandbox Halo go to date) was linear but that was probably just the wind.

Halo 3 has one of the most linear campaigns

343i didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 up in my eyes, as there were a lot of great aspects in Halo 4. I think the campaign, story, music and setting were stellar. The only problems lies in the multiplayer and Spartan Ops. The former being too repetitive and semi-broken, while the latter being too repetitive and underwhelming. I’m sure 343i could possibly correct these issues for Halo 5.

> > > > > 343 didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 for me, I loved the Campaign, it was amazing, I only hope they still do as well as they have with Campaign, I could care less about what happens to multiplayer (except returning the Sangheili) but I want features like sprint in Campaign, going back and playing Halo CEA, 2 and 3 on Legendary over the past few days has felt like a chore walking around
> > > >
> > > > Halo 4’s Campaign was great but mostly because of the story (which had it’s fair share of flaws, too). The gameplay was a bit too linear, and I have a high expectation that Halo 5 will not be like that.
> > >
> > > Linearity you say?, but I’m hoping for something like CE which is a little more open
> >
> > Sorry, didn’t catch that.
> > For a second there I thought you were saying that Halo 3 (the most open/sandbox Halo go to date) was linear but that was probably just the wind.
>
> Halo 3 has one of the most linear campaigns

He’s got a point. Plus the amount of backtracking in the campaign really pissed me off. It became really evident in levels like Crow’s Nest, The Ark and parts of The Covenant.

> 343i didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 up in my eyes, as there were a lot of great aspects in Halo 4. I think the campaign, story, music and setting were stellar. The only problems lies in the multiplayer and Spartan Ops. The former being too repetitive and semi-broken, while the latter being too repetitive and underwhelming. I’m sure 343i could possibly correct these issues for Halo 5.
>
>
>
> > > > > > 343 didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 for me, I loved the Campaign, it was amazing, I only hope they still do as well as they have with Campaign, I could care less about what happens to multiplayer (except returning the Sangheili) but I want features like sprint in Campaign, going back and playing Halo CEA, 2 and 3 on Legendary over the past few days has felt like a chore walking around
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 4’s Campaign was great but mostly because of the story (which had it’s fair share of flaws, too). The gameplay was a bit too linear, and I have a high expectation that Halo 5 will not be like that.
> > > >
> > > > Linearity you say?, but I’m hoping for something like CE which is a little more open
> > >
> > > Sorry, didn’t catch that.
> > > For a second there I thought you were saying that Halo 3 (the most open/sandbox Halo go to date) was linear but that was probably just the wind.
> >
> > Halo 3 has one of the most linear campaigns
>
> He’s got a point. Plus the amount of backtracking in the campaign really pissed me off. It became really evident in levels like Crow’s Nest, The Ark and parts of The Covenant.

That’s better than replaying whole levels in his beloved CE. But seriously, Halo 3 wasn’t linear at all. Yes, there was some backtracking, but in terms of size it felt like the widest Campaign with the most opportunities to approach each situation. In general, all Halo campaigns are linear (accept for Mombasa Streets and New Alexandria), but Halo 3 (to me) felt like the less linear one of the bunch.

> > 343i didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 up in my eyes, as there were a lot of great aspects in Halo 4. I think the campaign, story, music and setting were stellar. The only problems lies in the multiplayer and Spartan Ops. The former being too repetitive and semi-broken, while the latter being too repetitive and underwhelming. I’m sure 343i could possibly correct these issues for Halo 5.
> >
> >
> >
> > > > > > > 343 didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 for me, I loved the Campaign, it was amazing, I only hope they still do as well as they have with Campaign, I could care less about what happens to multiplayer (except returning the Sangheili) but I want features like sprint in Campaign, going back and playing Halo CEA, 2 and 3 on Legendary over the past few days has felt like a chore walking around
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Halo 4’s Campaign was great but mostly because of the story (which had it’s fair share of flaws, too). The gameplay was a bit too linear, and I have a high expectation that Halo 5 will not be like that.
> > > > >
> > > > > Linearity you say?, but I’m hoping for something like CE which is a little more open
> > > >
> > > > Sorry, didn’t catch that.
> > > > For a second there I thought you were saying that Halo 3 (the most open/sandbox Halo go to date) was linear but that was probably just the wind.
> > >
> > > Halo 3 has one of the most linear campaigns
> >
> > He’s got a point. Plus the amount of backtracking in the campaign really pissed me off. It became really evident in levels like Crow’s Nest, The Ark and parts of The Covenant.
>
> That’s better than replaying whole levels in his beloved CE. But seriously, Halo 3 wasn’t linear at all. Yes, there was some backtracking, but in terms of size it felt like the widest Campaign with the most opportunities to approach each situation. In general, all Halo campaigns are linear (accept for Mombasa Streets and New Alexandria), but Halo 3 (to me) felt like the less linear one of the bunch.

I’m not saying CE didn’t have backtracking, but at least it can keep it fresh, Halo 3 fails so hard in that department, CE is much more open, Halo 3 is not

Loved me some H3 campaign. It had a helluva lot more replay ability than 4, but thats me.

Lets not go off-topic guys, campaign is a separate discussion, you can create a different thread for that.

OT: I would prefer a mix off both, I think Halo 4 failed it due to how much customization there was making you almost depend on your Load-out.

> > > 343i didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 up in my eyes, as there were a lot of great aspects in Halo 4. I think the campaign, story, music and setting were stellar. The only problems lies in the multiplayer and Spartan Ops. The former being too repetitive and semi-broken, while the latter being too repetitive and underwhelming. I’m sure 343i could possibly correct these issues for Halo 5.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > > > > > 343 didn’t “fudge” Halo 4 for me, I loved the Campaign, it was amazing, I only hope they still do as well as they have with Campaign, I could care less about what happens to multiplayer (except returning the Sangheili) but I want features like sprint in Campaign, going back and playing Halo CEA, 2 and 3 on Legendary over the past few days has felt like a chore walking around
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Halo 4’s Campaign was great but mostly because of the story (which had it’s fair share of flaws, too). The gameplay was a bit too linear, and I have a high expectation that Halo 5 will not be like that.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Linearity you say?, but I’m hoping for something like CE which is a little more open
> > > > >
> > > > > Sorry, didn’t catch that.
> > > > > For a second there I thought you were saying that Halo 3 (the most open/sandbox Halo go to date) was linear but that was probably just the wind.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 3 has one of the most linear campaigns
> > >
> > > He’s got a point. Plus the amount of backtracking in the campaign really pissed me off. It became really evident in levels like Crow’s Nest, The Ark and parts of The Covenant.
> >
> > That’s better than replaying whole levels in his beloved CE. But seriously, Halo 3 wasn’t linear at all. Yes, there was some backtracking, but in terms of size it felt like the widest Campaign with the most opportunities to approach each situation. In general, all Halo campaigns are linear (accept for Mombasa Streets and New Alexandria), but Halo 3 (to me) felt like the less linear one of the bunch.
>
> I’m not saying CE didn’t have backtracking, but at least it can keep it fresh, Halo 3 fails so hard in that department, CE is much more open, Halo 3 is not

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on that point.

> Loved me some H3 campaign. It had a helluva lot more replay ability than 4, but thats me.

I can’t begin to imagine how many times I played the H3 campaign. On H3 I had a good 5 or 6 main accounts and each one had it beaten on Legendary several times over. Whether it was just to find some skulls (hint hint 343) for Hayabusa or to get the Legendary achievements it was honestly one of the best campaigns IMO and certainly one of the most re-playable.

That being said, Halo 4’s campaign wasn’t bad either. If only the MP wasn’t downright pathetic the game might’ve been alright.

Halo 3 was undoubtedly linear.

But there were a variety of launch methods that can make even Cortana a joyride.

There were a variety of approaches, and they were not punishing like in Halo 4. This article elaborates on the punishing approaches and more.

The lack of vehicle choices in Halo 4 is especially unforgivable.

As for CE, I thought it was pretty open… until the last three missions.