I haven't seen this mentioned

The amount of time it takes between clicking “play” and actually spawning in game is super long.

The search for players itself is pretty quick but then you’ve got to listen to how to play insert game mode here every time. Kill enemy players? Capture their flag, protect ours? Soooo insightful. How about a noob section where they can look up what each game mode means that way we all don’t have to hear it every single time. I mean google is a thing these days, but sure let’s cater to lazy noobs.

Then you’re stuck in a map flythrough loop that cycles multiple times and doesn’t even really show you pertinent map information. Pretty useless compared to the MCC loading screen which would show you power weapons on the map.

Then we have to wait for every player to show off their sick af armor while they crack their knuckles and punch the air. Why are they doing this again? My spartan is gonna have arthritis by January. Could you not just show all players on the team on screen at once and still achieve the goal of showing off the $5 armor coating they paid for to show off?

This kind of pointless repetitive stuff is what will drive people away from this game. I just want to relax and play some Halo matches without having to wait for you to tell me how to play a game mode that has been around for decades or to see how my teammates dressed up their spartan barbie.

> 2533274864008327;1:
> The amount of time it takes between clicking “play” and actually spawning in game is super long.
>
> The search for players itself is pretty quick but then you’ve got to listen to how to play insert game mode here every time. Kill enemy players? Capture their flag, protect ours? Soooo insightful. How about a noob section where they can look up what each game mode means that way we all don’t have to hear it every single time. I mean google is a thing these days, but sure let’s cater to lazy noobs.
>
> Then you’re stuck in a map flythrough loop that cycles multiple times and doesn’t even really show you pertinent map information. Pretty useless compared to the MCC loading screen which would show you power weapons on the map.
>
> Then we have to wait for every player to show off their sick af armor while they crack their knuckles and punch the air. Why are they doing this again? My spartan is gonna have arthritis by January. Could you not just show all players on the team on screen at once and still achieve the goal of showing off the $5 armor coating they paid for to show off?
>
> This kind of pointless repetitive stuff is what will drive people away from this game. I just want to relax and play some Halo matches without having to wait for you to tell me how to play a game mode that has been around for decades or to see how my teammates dressed up their spartan barbie.

yeah i like how mcc shows useful info during loading screens

> 2533274864008327;1:
> The amount of time it takes between clicking “play” and actually spawning in game is super long.
>
> The search for players itself is pretty quick but then you’ve got to listen to how to play insert game mode here every time. Kill enemy players? Capture their flag, protect ours? Soooo insightful. How about a noob section where they can look up what each game mode means that way we all don’t have to hear it every single time. I mean google is a thing these days, but sure let’s cater to lazy noobs.
>
> Then you’re stuck in a map flythrough loop that cycles multiple times and doesn’t even really show you pertinent map information. Pretty useless compared to the MCC loading screen which would show you power weapons on the map.
>
> Then we have to wait for every player to show off their sick af armor while they crack their knuckles and punch the air. Why are they doing this again? My spartan is gonna have arthritis by January. Could you not just show all players on the team on screen at once and still achieve the goal of showing off the $5 armor coating they paid for to show off?
>
> This kind of pointless repetitive stuff is what will drive people away from this game. I just want to relax and play some Halo matches without having to wait for you to tell me how to play a game mode that has been around for decades or to see how my teammates dressed up their spartan barbie.

On the contrary, I very much enjoy seeing my teammates and I, and showing that we’re individuals and what parts make up my team.
And the loading screen is obviously temporary, as is the main menu. I think people would take your feedback a lot more seriously if you didn’t wildly just throw out the term “noobs” over and over. Your sarcastic and annoyed demeanor isn’t helpful to the design team.

EDIT: BTW, love the DGD reference.

> 2533274806076838;3:
> > 2533274864008327;1:
> > The amount of time it takes between clicking “play” and actually spawning in game is super long.
> >
> > The search for players itself is pretty quick but then you’ve got to listen to how to play insert game mode here every time. Kill enemy players? Capture their flag, protect ours? Soooo insightful. How about a noob section where they can look up what each game mode means that way we all don’t have to hear it every single time. I mean google is a thing these days, but sure let’s cater to lazy noobs.
> >
> > Then you’re stuck in a map flythrough loop that cycles multiple times and doesn’t even really show you pertinent map information. Pretty useless compared to the MCC loading screen which would show you power weapons on the map.
> >
> > Then we have to wait for every player to show off their sick af armor while they crack their knuckles and punch the air. Why are they doing this again? My spartan is gonna have arthritis by January. Could you not just show all players on the team on screen at once and still achieve the goal of showing off the $5 armor coating they paid for to show off?
> >
> > This kind of pointless repetitive stuff is what will drive people away from this game. I just want to relax and play some Halo matches without having to wait for you to tell me how to play a game mode that has been around for decades or to see how my teammates dressed up their spartan barbie.
>
> On the contrary, I very much enjoy seeing my teammates and I, and showing that we’re individuals and what parts make up my team.
> And the loading screen is obviously temporary, as is the main menu. I think people would take your feedback a lot more seriously if you didn’t wildly just throw out the term “noobs” over and over. Your sarcastic and annoyed demeanor isn’t helpful to the design team.
>
> EDIT: BTW, love the DGD reference.

That’s fair. Just having fun with it. 343i has been open in its attempts to blatantly cater towards new players. A place they could go in-game to figure things out (like what slayer or CTF modes are) would be an expansion of training mode and not forced on everyone for every single match.

> 2533274864008327;4:
> > 2533274806076838;3:
> > > 2533274864008327;1:
> > > The amount of time it takes between clicking “play” and actually spawning in game is super long.
> > >
> > > The search for players itself is pretty quick but then you’ve got to listen to how to play insert game mode here every time. Kill enemy players? Capture their flag, protect ours? Soooo insightful. How about a noob section where they can look up what each game mode means that way we all don’t have to hear it every single time. I mean google is a thing these days, but sure let’s cater to lazy noobs.
> > >
> > > Then you’re stuck in a map flythrough loop that cycles multiple times and doesn’t even really show you pertinent map information. Pretty useless compared to the MCC loading screen which would show you power weapons on the map.
> > >
> > > Then we have to wait for every player to show off their sick af armor while they crack their knuckles and punch the air. Why are they doing this again? My spartan is gonna have arthritis by January. Could you not just show all players on the team on screen at once and still achieve the goal of showing off the $5 armor coating they paid for to show off?
> > >
> > > This kind of pointless repetitive stuff is what will drive people away from this game. I just want to relax and play some Halo matches without having to wait for you to tell me how to play a game mode that has been around for decades or to see how my teammates dressed up their spartan barbie.
> >
> > On the contrary, I very much enjoy seeing my teammates and I, and showing that we’re individuals and what parts make up my team.
> > And the loading screen is obviously temporary, as is the main menu. I think people would take your feedback a lot more seriously if you didn’t wildly just throw out the term “noobs” over and over. Your sarcastic and annoyed demeanor isn’t helpful to the design team.
> >
> > EDIT: BTW, love the DGD reference.
>
> That’s fair. Just having fun with it. 343i has been open in its attempts to blatantly cater towards new players. A place they could go in-game to figure things out (like what slayer or CTF modes are) would be an expansion of training mode and not forced on everyone for every single match.

I concur with that sentiment. I too have expressed a desire to see the overhead layouts like in MCC during loading screens.

I assumed that the reason for the delayed intro is to give players with slower disk drives, time to fully load and render the map textures and objects.

> 2533274903878267;6:
> I assumed that the reason for the delayed intro is to give players with slower disk drives, time to fully load and render the map textures and objects.

Makes sense. The age of nvme ssd is upon us. Time to upgrade.

This just follows the trend of newer games getting chopped at the knee caps to support hardware from 2013. Not much they could do there and I’m sure their hands are tied. Gotta maximize profits.

I would prefer a drone tour of the entire map and maybe also a youtube video explaining all the key parts of the map before each match! lmao