I haven't experienced any of the popular opinions

Disclaimer: this is just from my pov, I’m not trying to get anyone mad, just listing my findings.

“The aiming is bad and really sucks for casual players”
-I got barely 3 kills in H3 precision slayer, and then went 19/2 in infinite 20 minutes later. To me the aiming feels responsive and accurate and the recoil is very easy to manage. The sidekick definitely stood out as a great headshot weapon at medium ranges.

“BXB is completely sucking the fun out of the game”
-In my 3 days, I’ve not seen a single one. I definitely see how punching at mach 10 when two punches kill you is a massive issue tho.

“The assault rifle is just too powerful”
-Personally, as someone who’s below average in multiplayer (my MCC stats on my profile can attest to that), I found the AR perfect for taking out shields, then switching to a BR/sidekick to finish the job. It was especially fun in combination with overshield.

“Bazaar is the best map”
-I don’t see why, it boils down to poke fights with the sidekick/BR until the SPNKr pops up, at which point it becomes a cat and mouse game until it runs out of rockets, and we’re back at poke fights. The vents are almost completely useless, and going down the tunnel is just suicide.

“No player collision is an issue”
-Now here I’m split 50/50. On one hand, going down a narrow space with a teammate is no longer a death sentence, but on the other, melee fights are extremely wonky when the enemy can run through you.

Personally, my biggest issues are:

• All of the covenant/banished weapons except the skewer and sword are -Yoink- - You can’t mute teammates individually, and they really love chewing with their mouths open - The default KBM layout is different to every single Halo since gearbox CE (can be rebound thankfully) - The spartans seem way too slim compared to their armor, they look almost cartoony. What happened to the buff spartans of Reach and 4? - The challenges force people to play one way. Recharge was literally just 7 people fighting like dogs over the gravity hammer to get that 10 kills challenge. Nothing else mattered, just that gravity hammer.

> The challenges force people to play one way. Recharge was literally just 7 people fighting like dogs over the gravity hammer to get that 10 kills challenge. Nothing else mattered, just that gravity hammer

The challenges aren’t the same for everyone. Must have just felt like everyone was going for it. Hammer is a power weapon to control after all, would be silly not to try to kill whoever has it and take it for yourself.

I’m pretty neutral about most of what you brought up, though most of the aiming complaints come from controller players since the aim assist can at times feel seemingly nonexistent. If you’re playing with kb/m, as evidenced in your complaint on the control scheme, then you’re naturally not going to have the same problems.

My recent readings also seem to lean toward older consoles like the base Xbox One or the One S having more problems with reduced aim assist than series X/S players, so better hardware might also be a factor your dodging this issue.

> 2535442422619705;1:
> Disclaimer: this is just from my pov, I’m not trying to get anyone mad, just listing my findings.
>
> “The aiming is bad and really sucks for casual players”
> -I got barely 3 kills in H3 precision slayer, and then went 19/2 in infinite 20 minutes later. To me the aiming feels responsive and accurate and the recoil is very easy to manage. The sidekick definitely stood out as a great headshot weapon at medium ranges.
>
> “BXB is completely sucking the fun out of the game”
> -In my 3 days, I’ve not seen a single one. I definitely see how punching at mach 10 when two punches kill you is a massive issue tho.
>
> “The assault rifle is just too powerful”
> -Personally, as someone who’s below average in multiplayer (my MCC stats on my profile can attest to that), I found the AR perfect for taking out shields, then switching to a BR/sidekick to finish the job. It was especially fun in combination with overshield.
>
> “Bazaar is the best map”
> -I don’t see why, it boils down to poke fights with the sidekick/BR until the SPNKr pops up, at which point it becomes a cat and mouse game until it runs out of rockets, and we’re back at poke fights. The vents are almost completely useless, and going down the tunnel is just suicide.
>
> “No player collision is an issue”
> -Now here I’m split 50/50. On one hand, going down a narrow space with a teammate is no longer a death sentence, but on the other, melee fights are extremely wonky when the enemy can run through you.
>
> Personally, my biggest issues are:
> - All of the covenant/banished weapons except the skewer and sword are -Yoink- - You can’t mute teammates individually, and they really love chewing with their mouths open - The default KBM layout is different to every single Halo since gearbox CE (can be rebound thankfully) - The spartans seem way too slim compared to their armor, they look almost cartoony. What happened to the buff spartans of Reach and 4? - The challenges force people to play one way. Recharge was literally just 7 people fighting like dogs over the gravity hammer to get that 10 kills challenge. Nothing else mattered, just that gravity hammer.

• If you went 19/2, you either went up against people who were pretty bad, or you aren’t a casual player. I think it’s the first option to be honest. Some games I did alright. Others I couldn’t breathe without getting murdered. I think it’s the fact that there’s probably no SBMM in the flight.

• BXB was a massive issue for me this weekend. Scared to get up close because of people abusing a glitch. It needs to be taken out. It negates the Bulldog’s purpose if you’re against somebody who abuses mechanics. (Argue with me all you want, button combos are lame and should be relegated to ranked, but should be left out completely imo)

• I wouldn’t say the AR is too powerful, but I would argue its range is far too high. I think the damage and rate of damage itself is perfect. But I shouldn’t be able to be descoped long-range by a weapons (The AR) that cannot be descoped or “thrown-off.”

• Bazaar is a good map, but being the best? No way. Behemoth was by far the best and most versatile map we have seen yet, imo.

• The issue with player collision, for me, isn’t that much about combat itself, but is about things like trick jumps which require collision so you can use a teammate’s head to reach certain heights.

• Banished weapons are awesome if you use them properly. Pulse carbine is a monster at mid-long range. Mangler is literally a slower-firing CE pistol. Plasma pistol is nerfed well. Tracking on the overcharge takes more leading but single-firing can be deadly. Needler is easily the best iteration. Not too powerful but not too weak. Shock rifle could use a boost to something, whether it be shock-damage or direct damage.

• Muting problem I agree wholeheartedly. It’s obnoxious.

• Default layout for controller was vastly different as well.

• I can’t comment because I think the spartans look sick, but this is subjective.

I can’t comment on the last point as I didn’t have whatever challenge you’re referring to, but that’s definitely a problem for sure.

> 2533274837803271;4:
> > 2535442422619705;1:
> >
>
> - If you went 19/2, you either went up against people who were pretty bad, or you aren’t a casual player. I think it’s the first option to be honest. Some games I did alright. Others I couldn’t breathe without getting murdered. I think it’s the fact that there’s probably no SBMM in the flight.

There is definitely SBMM in the flight. They even had it at the last flight for bot arena so you would be paired up with players of similar skill against the bots.

> 2533274801036271;5:
> > 2533274837803271;4:
> > > 2535442422619705;1:
> > >
> >
> > - If you went 19/2, you either went up against people who were pretty bad, or you aren’t a casual player. I think it’s the first option to be honest. Some games I did alright. Others I couldn’t breathe without getting murdered. I think it’s the fact that there’s probably no SBMM in the flight.
>
> There is definitely SBMM in the flight. They even had it at the last flight for bot arena so you would be paired up with players of similar skill against the bots.

That’s unfortunate if there is because it’s broken. If this is what we can expect in the full game, I’m going to stick to exploring the Halo ring alone and stay away from the multiplayer, at least until forge and customs become a thing.

> 2533274837803271;6:
> > 2533274801036271;5:
> > > 2533274837803271;4:
> > > > 2535442422619705;1:
> > > >
>
> That’s unfortunate if there is because it’s broken. If this is what we can expect in the full game, I’m going to stick to exploring the Halo ring alone and stay away from the multiplayer, at least until forge and customs become a thing.

If this person hadn’t played the first flight or did particularly badly against the bots (could have been exploring/not killing them much and dying) then the people they would have played against at first would have been new players with no experience or players who really struggled against the bots.

The 19-2 game is an anomaly, had they played more this would not have continued to be the case. Once everyone is stuck in and playing the full game, stuff like that should be rare but as everyone is new to the flight it hasn’t sorted out where everyone should be yet.

> 2533274801036271;7:
> > 2533274837803271;6:
> > > 2533274801036271;5:
> > > > 2533274837803271;4:
> > > > > 2535442422619705;1:
> > > > >
> >
> > That’s unfortunate if there is because it’s broken. If this is what we can expect in the full game, I’m going to stick to exploring the Halo ring alone and stay away from the multiplayer, at least until forge and customs become a thing.
>
> If this person hadn’t played the first flight or did particularly badly against the bots (could have been exploring/not killing them much and dying) then the people they would have played against at first would have been new players with no experience or players who really struggled against the bots.
>
> The 19-2 game is an anomaly, had they played more this would not have continued to be the case. Once everyone is stuck in and playing the full game, stuff like that should be rare but as everyone is new to the flight it hasn’t sorted out where everyone should be yet.

I agree, I played the first flight and helped lead us closer to Skynet by all of the perfections, so maybe that has a bearing on the SBMM system?

This is basically a reply to the original post… along with my findings, some thoughts, and opinions.

I am not a fan of the skewer. The aim for me is way off. I had it centered on a headshot… they weren’t moving and yet I missed. But I agree that other weapons aims are really bad. I’m a decent player in halo 5 but fall really short in Infinite.

Why is the gravity hammer so slow compared to ever other halo game? It appears to take twice the time to actually use it. Could be wrong but it

The levels are ok and I like that you can see how long it’s going to take for a weapon to respawn. Thats a nice touch vs just being able to see when the power weapons will.

Also like being able to see teammates vs just the tag. Again nice touch.

Where are the Spartan abilities. Yes Ik slide and run are still there, but to trash the others… even if ground pound and Spartan bash were removed (which I’m very much against), why are the thrusters gone? Would be nice to have a chance at dodging with the thruster boost.

Ik its a Beta test, but REALLY hoping to still have companies added. Especially since it should be more of an open world… could make commendations for both Multiplayer and for co-op.

Overall graphics, sounds, music, etc… very nice. I’m happy 343 took an additional year to work on graphics. Music is nice. LOVE how the theme sounds. And the Sniper Rifle has never sounded better. Great job!

And of course, I’m really liking the customisation of armor, weapons, and what appears to be vehicles. That is a huge improvement from Halo 5.

> 2533274837803271;8:
> > 2533274801036271;7:
> > > 2533274837803271;6:
> > > > 2533274801036271;5:
> > > > > 2533274837803271;4:
> > > > > > 2535442422619705;1:
> > > > > >
>
> I agree, I played the first flight and helped lead us closer to Skynet by all of the perfections, so maybe that has a bearing on the SBMM system?

Lmao.

Yeah exactly, the system was measuring your performance against the bots and selecting players of similar skill to play with. Assuming the reason for this was so you didn’t get players hitting 30+ kills and leaving nothing for the rest of the team to do as they can’t keep up with the T-800 players. I could tell it was happening as I kept matching with the same, very skilled players and when I played some games with my Gold friend I was easily getting 25-30 kills a game but when I played by myself I was always bottom two of the leaderboard with 10-12 kills, consistently.

This also helped them decided who played who in the PVP window to help make the games more balanced. I saw that a bunch of the HCS pros ended up playing each other because of this.

It definitely feels like it was carried over to this flight as from the very first game I was playing Onyx/Champion players in PVP.

> 2533274837803271;8:
> > 2533274801036271;7:
> > > 2533274837803271;6:
> > > > 2533274801036271;5:
> > > > > 2533274837803271;4:
> > > > > > 2535442422619705;1:
> > > > > >
> > >
> > > That’s unfortunate if there is because it’s broken. If this is what we can expect in the full game, I’m going to stick to exploring the Halo ring alone and stay away from the multiplayer, at least until forge and customs become a thing.
> >
> > If this person hadn’t played the first flight or did particularly badly against the bots (could have been exploring/not killing them much and dying) then the people they would have played against at first would have been new players with no experience or players who really struggled against the bots.
> >
> > The 19-2 game is an anomaly, had they played more this would not have continued to be the case. Once everyone is stuck in and playing the full game, stuff like that should be rare but as everyone is new to the flight it hasn’t sorted out where everyone should be yet.
>
> I agree, I played the first flight and helped lead us closer to Skynet by all of the perfections, so maybe that has a bearing on the SBMM system?

I also played the first flight. And it was hit and miss since everyone was new. And it is probably an anomaly of 19/2. Besides some aiming issues and the SBMM (which has to rectified, a main point of the flights I’m sure) multiplayer won’t be good until the main game gets released. When most of the bugs have been sorted out.

> 2535443291173526;9:
> Why is the gravity hammer so slow compared to ever other halo game? It appears to take twice the time to actually use it. Could be wrong but it

Definitely has a longer range now and radius of effect, so probably a trade off for that reason.

I always found the gravity hammer next to useless at high level play due to its lack of versatility. It definitely feels more useful now, even if it is still very situationally viable.

> 2533274801036271;10:
> > 2533274837803271;8:
> > > 2533274801036271;7:
> > > > 2533274837803271;6:
> > > > > 2533274801036271;5:
> > > > > > 2533274837803271;4:
> > > > > > > 2535442422619705;1:
> > > > > > >
> >
> > I agree, I played the first flight and helped lead us closer to Skynet by all of the perfections, so maybe that has a bearing on the SBMM system?
>
> Lmao.
>
> Yeah exactly, the system was measuring your performance against the bots and selecting players of similar skill to play with. Assuming the reason for this was so you didn’t get players hitting 30+ kills and leaving nothing for the rest of the team to do as they can’t keep up with the T-800 players. I could tell it was happening as I kept matching with the same, very skilled players and when I played some games with my Gold friend I was easily getting 25-30 kills a game but when I played by myself I was always bottom two of the leaderboard with 10-12 kills, consistently.
>
> This also helped them decided who played who in the PVP window to help make the games more balanced. I saw that a bunch of the HCS pros ended up playing each other because of this.
>
> It definitely feels like it was carried over to this flight as from the very first game I was playing Onyx/Champion players in PVP.

That happened to me too. Actually matched up with Shyway at one point in which I knew there’s either A) No SBMM or B) Something is influencing it.

Shyway rekt me, by the way. 3-12 from a player that consistently goes 25-5 in CE on MCC. Still trying to fix my bad K/D on MCC tho :confused:

> 2533274801036271;12:
> > 2535443291173526;9:
> > Why is the gravity hammer so slow compared to ever other halo game? It appears to take twice the time to actually use it. Could be wrong but it
>
> Definitely has a longer range now and radius of effect, so probably a trade off for that reason.
>
> I always found the gravity hammer next to useless at high level play due to its lack of versatility. It definitely feels more useful now, even if it is still very situationally viable.

That does make sense… and if it’s a trade off then there’s got to be give and take. Guess that would be fair.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> > The challenges force people to play one way. Recharge was literally just 7 people fighting like dogs over the gravity hammer to get that 10 kills challenge. Nothing else mattered, just that gravity hammer
>
> The challenges aren’t the same for everyone. Must have just felt like everyone was going for it. Hammer is a power weapon to control after all, would be silly not to try to kill whoever has it and take it for yourself.

Man that grav hammer takes a lifetime to swing lol…that added AOE is nice though.

Shock Rifle is literally a one shot kill DOT weapon. With antivehicle abilities and the ability to chain shock damage between players. I have already seen enough doubles and triples to know it doesn’t need a buff. Gravity hammer is fine compared to the last flight test IMO.

> 2533274837803271;4:
> > 2535442422619705;1:
> > Disclaimer: this is just from my pov, I’m not trying to get anyone mad, just listing my findings.
> >
> > “The aiming is bad and really sucks for casual players”
> > -I got barely 3 kills in H3 precision slayer, and then went 19/2 in infinite 20 minutes later. To me the aiming feels responsive and accurate and the recoil is very easy to manage. The sidekick definitely stood out as a great headshot weapon at medium ranges.
> >
> > “BXB is completely sucking the fun out of the game”
> > -In my 3 days, I’ve not seen a single one. I definitely see how punching at mach 10 when two punches kill you is a massive issue tho.
> >
> > “The assault rifle is just too powerful”
> > -Personally, as someone who’s below average in multiplayer (my MCC stats on my profile can attest to that), I found the AR perfect for taking out shields, then switching to a BR/sidekick to finish the job. It was especially fun in combination with overshield.
> >
> > “Bazaar is the best map”
> > -I don’t see why, it boils down to poke fights with the sidekick/BR until the SPNKr pops up, at which point it becomes a cat and mouse game until it runs out of rockets, and we’re back at poke fights. The vents are almost completely useless, and going down the tunnel is just suicide.
> >
> > “No player collision is an issue”
> > -Now here I’m split 50/50. On one hand, going down a narrow space with a teammate is no longer a death sentence, but on the other, melee fights are extremely wonky when the enemy can run through you.
> >
> > Personally, my biggest issues are:
> > - All of the covenant/banished weapons except the skewer and sword are -Yoink- - You can’t mute teammates individually, and they really love chewing with their mouths open - The default KBM layout is different to every single Halo since gearbox CE (can be rebound thankfully) - The spartans seem way too slim compared to their armor, they look almost cartoony. What happened to the buff spartans of Reach and 4? - The challenges force people to play one way. Recharge was literally just 7 people fighting like dogs over the gravity hammer to get that 10 kills challenge. Nothing else mattered, just that gravity hammer.
>
> - If you went 19/2, you either went up against people who were pretty bad, or you aren’t a casual player. I think it’s the first option to be honest. Some games I did alright. Others I couldn’t breathe without getting murdered. I think it’s the fact that there’s probably no SBMM in the flight.

I know it may seem like lying/exaggerating but I’m dead serious. That game felt way too easy. Infinite as a whole felt much easier to play than 3 and Reach, maybe around the level of Halo 4. I’m someone who played campaign since childhood and only recently picked up MP, so it’s definitely weird to me whenever I play above average

Seems like a lot of the complaints come from the fact that the game is just harder. There’s less aim assist, the hitboxes are less forgiving, and certain mechanics for some weapons have increased their difficulty (hammer wind up for example). Definitely still work to do such as bug fixes and slight nerfs/buffs, but in terms of the core gameplay, I actually think this multiplayer plays better than anything 343 have released by far.

> 2535442422619705;17:
> > 2533274837803271;4:
> > > 2535442422619705;1:
> > > Disclaimer: this is just from my pov, I’m not trying to get anyone mad, just listing my findings.
> > >
> > > “The aiming is bad and really sucks for casual players”
> > > -I got barely 3 kills in H3 precision slayer, and then went 19/2 in infinite 20 minutes later. To me the aiming feels responsive and accurate and the recoil is very easy to manage. The sidekick definitely stood out as a great headshot weapon at medium ranges.
> > >
> > > “BXB is completely sucking the fun out of the game”
> > > -In my 3 days, I’ve not seen a single one. I definitely see how punching at mach 10 when two punches kill you is a massive issue tho.
> > >
> > > “The assault rifle is just too powerful”
> > > -Personally, as someone who’s below average in multiplayer (my MCC stats on my profile can attest to that), I found the AR perfect for taking out shields, then switching to a BR/sidekick to finish the job. It was especially fun in combination with overshield.
> > >
> > > “Bazaar is the best map”
> > > -I don’t see why, it boils down to poke fights with the sidekick/BR until the SPNKr pops up, at which point it becomes a cat and mouse game until it runs out of rockets, and we’re back at poke fights. The vents are almost completely useless, and going down the tunnel is just suicide.
> > >
> > > “No player collision is an issue”
> > > -Now here I’m split 50/50. On one hand, going down a narrow space with a teammate is no longer a death sentence, but on the other, melee fights are extremely wonky when the enemy can run through you.
> > >
> > > Personally, my biggest issues are:
> > > - All of the covenant/banished weapons except the skewer and sword are -Yoink- - You can’t mute teammates individually, and they really love chewing with their mouths open - The default KBM layout is different to every single Halo since gearbox CE (can be rebound thankfully) - The spartans seem way too slim compared to their armor, they look almost cartoony. What happened to the buff spartans of Reach and 4? - The challenges force people to play one way. Recharge was literally just 7 people fighting like dogs over the gravity hammer to get that 10 kills challenge. Nothing else mattered, just that gravity hammer.
> >
> > - If you went 19/2, you either went up against people who were pretty bad, or you aren’t a casual player. I think it’s the first option to be honest. Some games I did alright. Others I couldn’t breathe without getting murdered. I think it’s the fact that there’s probably no SBMM in the flight.
>
> I know it may seem like lying/exaggerating but I’m dead serious. That game felt way too easy. Infinite as a whole felt much easier to play than 3 and Reach, maybe around the level of Halo 4. I’m someone who played campaign since childhood and only recently picked up MP, so it’s definitely weird to me whenever I play above average

It’s odd, I’m not terrible at even Halo 4 or 5 yet I still sucked. Has to be peripherals or just a game with some really newbie people. I’m not underselling your skill, by the way. Even pro’s have been complaining.

This is an issue I just had. 2 solid hits in with the bulldog and maybe part of a third yet a few bullets and a punch kills me… crazy. Not enjoying multiplayer at all.

https://youtu.be/ZR1hG3Cy21c